All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Hydro-Colon Cleansing
      #205491 - 08/14/05 11:06 PM
feelgoodgirl

Reged: 08/13/05

Hello, I have had IBS for 6 years and am looking into Hydro-colon cleansing. I've heard it can be risky. Has anyone done it? What were your results? Is it safe for people with IBS?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Hydro-Colon Cleansing new
      #205492 - 08/14/05 11:38 PM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Hi there,

Welcome to the boards!

My first peice of advice would be to post questions like this on the IBS Diet board, where most people visit. This board is actually more to do with fitness and things like that, so far fewer people come here. You'll almost definitely get more responses on the other board.

After that, I would say that doing a search for something like this will find you old posts as I know this has been discussed several times.
It seems like people have a real range of opinions on these, but for the most part it is usually agreed that this is NOT a good idea for people with IBS. It is traumatic to your system and I think can often cause a lot more long term harm than good.
There are lots of other ways to control IBS that I would strongly, STRONGLY recommend you try before you consider anything like this that is so risky.

If you have any questions on other ways to help with your IBS, do ask on the IBS Diet board and I'm sure you'll get some better help there!

Good luck!
--Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

#205538 - 08/15/05 07:54 AM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

Hi, and welcome!

I just wanted to add to Stephie's post that this has been discussed twice, just last week, on the IBS Diet board. Do a search on colon cleanses or colonics. Unfortunatley, a lot of the people who are performing this type of treatment claim that it will cure IBS. Well, there is no cure for IBS since experts in the field don't even know if there's an organic cause. There have been no studies done that prove colonics/cleansings are beneficial to one's health, instead risks include aggravation of IBS symptoms, perforation, trauma to your digestive tract, and pain.

If you do a search, you'll also find people's personal stories about going through the procedure. Doesn't sound safe or fun!

Sorry to sound so negative, but I just want people to realize this isn't a necessarily safe procedure. This site and the boards offer a lot of useful information and ways to manage IBS that aren't invasive or risky.

Best wishes!

#206027 - 08/16/05 06:25 PM
feelgoodgirl

Reged: 08/13/05

Thank you very much guys! It sounds like something I don't want to risk.

Re: Hydro-Colon Cleansing...one more opinion... new
      #206129 - 08/17/05 09:06 AM
egriffin

Reged: 08/16/05

I do think that colonics are a good healthy thing for "normal" health conscious people to do occasionally...BUT, for people w/ IBS it is traumatic and can cause spasms to the max !! I went to a very reputable lady, thinking it would be a good thing...I am one of the very few patients that she could not complete the process...My intestines went thru many spasms...she promised that it was painless for most people...then it took me a long time before I could leave her office...making the mad dash, if you know what I mean...and then days to calm my body down...Soooooo that's my 2 cents worth.
Elaine

#372173 - 06/13/15 11:08 AM
JM1985

Reged: 06/13/15

Hello, maybe colon cleanse do not cure IBS, but it definitely help a lot. I use tablets, Naturalmax Enerix and Vitalix for colon cleansing, and these tabs are very effective. I feel myself much better, have far more less sympthoms and I've been using them only for 3 weeks. These are 100% natural, gluten- and sugar-free.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 31 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5829

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review