Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)
Question for Fitchick
      #204694 - 08/11/05 03:40 PM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Hi Fitchick,
Welcome to the boards!
Just wondering if maybe I could ask you a few questions as I read in your other post that you are a personal trainer?

I have to lose a significant amount of weight in the next 6 months - 1 year to get breast reduction sugery. If you read any of my other posts on here, you'll see I have been having MAJOR problems losing the weight and I am so frustrated.

Thanks!
--Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Question for Fitchick new
      #204698 - 08/11/05 04:07 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Yes, welcome to the boards Cheree!! I too would love to know your advise for poor Steph!!

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Re: Question for Fitchick ..Bump, -nt- new
      #205040 - 08/12/05 03:14 PM
Stephie

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

Re: Question for Fitchick new
      #205046 - 08/12/05 03:37 PM
Fitchick

Reged: 07/20/05
Loc: Naples, FL USA

Ok I will try to find them. But in the mean time can you maybe some up what you have been doing that may or may not be working.

Oh wait new
      #205049 - 08/12/05 03:38 PM
Stephie

I didn't mean to send you on a goose chase looking for my other posts!
I will write out a post, as my older ones are pretty disjointed and don't make a whole lot of sense!
One sec...
--Steph

--------------------
IBS-D,pain.

k, here goes new
      #205053 - 08/12/05 03:45 PM
Stephie

Hi there,

This is just a quick little summary..
I was around 140 lbs for years, with really big boobs. When I got really sick with the IBS flare ups I had about 2 years ago, my weight rapidly dropped and I think I 'bottomed out' (haha) at about 120-125.
When I got stable, then I RAPIDLY gained weight. I went back up to about 150. I thought that it was because the D has stopped and my body was just crazy absorbing anything. Before that I was basically eating only rice, potatoes, small amounts of grilled white meat, etc...

I kept waiting for my weight to stabilise, and it never did.. just kept creeping up! Now I am between 162-167 (changes every day!) and I hate, hate, hate it. When I was 140, I ate crap food and never exercised, ate right before I went to bed... Now I don't do any of that, and I don't understand!
Now I think maybe I am eating too few calories, but I feel so gross eating because I keep thinking my body won't stop ballooning up like this!

I am trying to exercise, but it feels like it gets harder the more weight I gain and I've been stood up TWICE by a trainer, my friends won't go with me... I am having a really hard time going to the gym, even though I have a membership.
I do have an elliptical at home, but lately I have been so demotivated and depressed and busy that I just haven't been doing it.
I need to lose between 15-30 lbs (15 is bare minimum) to get the breast reduction I have wanted since I was 15 and now I am afraid my body just won't do it!

So that's that! Hope that makes sense, I am desperate for help at this point.. thanks so much!
--Steph

--------------------
IBS-D,pain.

Re: k, here goes new
      #205058 - 08/12/05 03:51 PM
Fitchick

I have some questions for you, but I have to go for now my last client is here. I hope to be able to respond this weekend but I might not get back to you till Tuesday, I'm out of town for the weekend. I printed what you wrote and will look it over. I will write back as soon as I get a chance. Cheree

Thanks! -nt- new
      #205060 - 08/12/05 03:54 PM
Stephie

--------------------
IBS-D,pain.

Stephie new
      #205283 - 08/13/05 04:40 PM
jen1013

Reged: 05/06/05
Loc: the wabe

Hey Stephie ... I think you're about my age (I'm 23), and one thing to keep in mind is that this is around the time you have to say good-bye to your wonderful forgiving metabolism. I didn't change my diet/habits at all, but around age 21 started gaining weight. I'm good about watching what I eat, so this wasn't a big deal to me, but it did mean I had to eat regularly and cut back on the bad stuff. So it is a little self-destructive to dwell on what you did before -- your body is different now and it's not going to respond the same way.

And if you figure out how to stay motivated to exercise, let me know. I have absolutely no problems moderating my diet, but I've never been able to stick to any kind of exercise routine.

--------------------
jen

"It's one of the most serious things that can possibly happen to one in a battle -- to get one's head cut off." -- LC

Re: k, here goes new
      #206139 - 08/17/05 09:27 AM
Fitchick

Hello,

Something you have to realize is when IBS or CD acts up you loose a lot of vital nutrients and calories. A long time ago back in ancient times human would frequently go long periods without food do to drought, and other natural disasters. In order to stay alive the human body learned to adapt to the situation. Almost like a bear that goes into hibernation. Our metabolism slows to a crawl and when food is available fat and other nutrients were stored in preparation for the next famine. Luckily in modern times most people do not have to worry about famine, but or body still carry this trait. So after a bad bout of IBS or CD most bodies take in and store everything and anything you eat. Now this is not true for everybody some people have trouble gaining weight, but I think it pertains to you. So, what can you do about it… My answer has no research behind it except that I have read many books eating disorders and how they are treated. Have a bout of either disease is almost like being anorexic you don't eat, and loose weight quickly. One book I read explained that when the metabolism slows to a crawl it has to be trained back to the correct speed. What I'm trying to say is that not eating is the opposite of what you should be doing right now. You need to eat!!! Not a lot at one time, but very small balanced meals (200 – 300 calories) all day like every 2 - 3 hours. This way your body has a consent amount of calories (energy) and nutrients flowing through it. It is like a constant running machine. This way your body will realizes it does not have to worry about starving any time soon, and after a while will speed your metabolism. This is what works for me last year I gain 30lbs after my first really bad bout, and took me almost a year to loose it because I was doing all wrong. When I finally figured out what I was supposed to do the weight slowly started to come off. It WILL NOT happen over night, you have to realize that. But it should work, you just have to be patient with you body. Plus, the more you stress the more you body produces a hormone that makes you hold fat around your belly. I hope this helps… I'm not a nutritionist, so this info comes from experience. But if you questions about you workout that's my profession I can answer most of those questions.

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 64 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5211

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review