All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
REPORTING IN - 8/10/05
      #204184 - 08/10/05 09:37 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Everyone post their report for what you did on 8/10 here....

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: REPORTING IN - 8/10/05 new
      #204338 - 08/10/05 04:26 PM
Shell Marr

OMG...I HURT so bad today.... I'm just sitting here not moving a muscle other then my fingers to type and it hurts to BREATH...... between my shoulder blades, more on my left side... We worked mostly legs in class Tues .....BUT she started us out doing static holds in push up "down" position... then followed by push ups... then the bar on our shoulders for squats and then a lot of leg work!! OOOOUUUCCCCHHHHYYYYYY...... I'm going to the gym tonight but I will not be lifting like I'm supposed to...I will just do cardio... I have to be rested for my one on one session Thursday!! EEEEEkkkkkkk!! LOL

--------------------

ooooooo, that sounds so painful new
      #204343 - 08/10/05 04:42 PM
heather robin

Reged: 04/22/04
Loc: S.E. Pennsylvania

I remember being that sore during my high school volleyball days! Try a heating pad, stretch, some Aleve? or my old standby Ben-gay! I don't think it ever helped my muscles but my brain thought so! One more thing take a warm bath!

My chiropractor uses this cream "Bio" something(maybe biotin?) when she massages me.

--------------------
IBS-D

#204345 - 08/10/05 04:52 PM
heather robin

Exercise

Water
64 oz
SFS Acacia
1 tsp

Breakfast
team america cheerios
original rice dream
2 handfuls of blueberries

Lunch
almond butter and currant jam on white italian bread
small yellow plum

snack
banana
piece of Heather's cornbread

dinner
chicken fajiata w/roasted onion & peppers w/ tiny bit of olive oil and 1 tsp of real sour cream
spanish rice
ear of corn(seeing if I have an attack like before)
1 piece of Heather's better than cheesecake! YUM!

--------------------
IBS-D

Edited by heather robin (08/11/05 04:41 PM)

Yowza!! new
      #204350 - 08/10/05 05:07 PM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Hi Shell!
You poor thing, that sounds just awful! People always say that sort of pain is "good pain" but I don't know that I really believe in that much "good pain"!!
I agree about taking a warm bath and stretching, sounds like your body needs a little warmth and pull.. hee hee.
Take it easy at the gym today, I don't wanna hear that someone had to find you crying or asleep on the elliptical, hee hee.
I guess it means you are definitely doing something right at the gym if you are still getting so crazy sore!
Good luck!
--Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

#204352 - 08/10/05 05:15 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

B; 2 oatmeal and soy creamer
snacks and lunch (pretty hungry today) luna, 2 pieces zucchini bread, Newman pretzels, carrots, mango (1 1/2) 1/2 banana, 1c HNC
D: salmon with leeks and tomatoes over pasta, 1 piece baguette
De: not eaten yet -full
Liquid 110 so far (thirsty because yesterday I did not have enough)
Exercise: worked 5 hours and then gardened and then lifted weights about 2/3 of normal routine
Other: was C from the cheese and lack of water yesterday but nothing too bad.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

#204377 - 08/10/05 06:31 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

In typical hobbit habit, random order, etc. et cetera:

--1 L Gatorade

--750 ml. broth

--spinach/portabella mushrooms (homemade fresh raspberry-opiate dressing)

--zucchini and cauliflower "faux-tatoes" with lots of fresh chives, some dill(2 c. of that addictive cauliflower--total comfort food! Beano sure worked!)(If I feel gassy, a cup or two of fennel tea works like a charm!)

--2 c. raspberries (Some of that was part of my spinach vinaigrette)

--2 c. carrots (steamed, with Nakano seasoned rice vinegar)

--10 baby dill pickles

--An illegal quantity of water, a pot of coffee (less 1.5 c), 4 c. camomile tea, 2 c. fennel rooibos tea, 2 c. apple-mango tea, 2 c. True Blueberry herbal tea

--Later? Either some more Gatorade or a glass of cranberry juice.

Calories? Who knows and who cares! I'm satisfied and that's what counts. I let hunger and thirst guide me. Can you believe though, that yesterday I ate a whole broccoli without pain/major gas attack? And furthermore, half an enormous cauliflower, today? Riddle me that one, Batman! I don't understand why I'm craving these things so fiercely, and while my bm's are accelerated, I'm neither gassy nor bloated. Also, I'm eating pickles like a pregnant woman. I wish they made cranberry flavoured Gatorade. Must get some cranberry herbal tea a.s.a.p.

Kate.

#204378 - 08/10/05 06:32 PM
retrograde

Reged: 04/15/04

Yikes! Good workout then eh?

Shell have you ever tried contrast showers? I swear by them now since I started doing them a few months ago. Basically you put the water on really nice and hot for a minute or so, and then change it to really cold for a minute, and then back. It sounds kind of uncomfortable (and the cold part can be - but oh that hot feels good after the cold!)... but it's actually really refreshing. Anyway long story short: constrast showers have been proven to help speed up recovery. And yup, it really does help with muscle soreness! My bf also does a few mins in the hot tub (or sauna) followed by a lap of the cold pool for the same effect.

Re: Holy S&M, Shell! new
      #204380 - 08/10/05 06:33 PM
Wind

REPORTING IN - 8/10/05 new
      #204421 - 08/10/05 09:27 PM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Howdy!

Activities: 30 mins of walking with my doggie!

Breakfast: Low fat rasperry square thing at Starbucks.. probably a big no-no, but I was starving and it was good!

Lunch: Sandwich - Roasted turkey breast in sundried tomato crust on two thin slices of sourdough bread and a small amount of ICBINB.

Dinner: Rice made with chicken broth and lemon rind, grilled halibut with some grapeseed oil, garlic, capers and lemon juice, grilled asparagus with touch of balsamic vinegar.

Snack: Slice of Pear Bread (no nuts).

I am going to have some peppermint tea in a few minutes, and then I think that will be it.
I feel like I am on kinda dangerous ground because I have never felt sickened by eating (Even when my tummy was bad, this is a new feeling) but lately I can't help having to force myself to eat. I won't stop eating, but I don't want to feel this way about food! I just read "French Women Don't Get Fat" and I loved it, and I keep trying to tell myself to try and adopt that sort of attitude, but it's so hard.
I think it is everything that is going on as well, I can't just blame my weight but.. this sucks. I am trying so hard to concentrate on the positive things in my life, but today was really hard and I was really sad all day. My mom goes into the hospital tomorrow, so I'm sure that is part of it. She keeps saying I need to keep my weight down, like she always does, but now she says or I will be likely to get breast cancer.. but no pressure or anything!!

Thanks ya'll!
--Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

#204523 - 08/11/05 08:47 AM
Shell Marr

Started a new diet (food plan) 8/8/05...per my PT. Time to change things up a little.... increasing my protein and reducing my carbs in the evenings.

OK... here is my reporting in......
My BMR = 2083 + I burned 937 calories Got a 5 minute massage byPersonal Trainer Heather...to help with the pain I WAS having...OMG that girl is strong!! LOL Must have pinched a nerve...I'm taking Pamprin All Day Relief and it seems to be doing the trick. (30 mintues circut training 3x20 of each machine, sneaked into the Kickboxing class for 20 minutes sshhh...don't tell, I'm not suppose to be taking it because of my knee...but it has been feeling fine and I was having major withdrawls...and I did not hurt myself either followed by 20 minutes on the Elliptical) - 730 less calories to get to my goal = 2290 calorie food budget.

Pre-Breakfast (around 6:00am) : 210 calories Soytein Energy Drink (Chocolate w/Vanilla Silk Soy Milk) & Water

Breakfast (around 8:30-9am): 170 calories Toasted Nutz N Cranberry Luna Bar & Water

Snack (around 10-10:30am): 50 calories 4oz Unsweetened Applesauce & Water

Snack (around 12:00pm): 210 calories Soytein Energy Drink (Banana w/Vanilla Silk Soy Milk) & Water

Snack (around 1:30pm): 50 calories 4oz Unsweetened Applesauce & Water

Lunch (around 2:30pm): 405 calories 6oz Tuna w/Light Mayo, 1 cup Long Grain Rice & Water

Before Gym(around 5:30pm): 210 calories Soytein Energy Drink (Chocolate w/Vanilla Silk Soy Milk) & Water

At The Gym (around 6-8pm): 7 calories 2 Altoids & Water

Dinner (between 8:30-9pm, after the gym): 313 calories 10" Flour Tortilla w/3oz Chicken Breast, 4 Tablespoons Fresh Pico de Gallo Salsa, 1/4 Teaspoon Garlic Powder & Water

Tea Time (around 10-10:30pm): 0 calories 8oz Heather's Fennel Tea (love the bags)

Fiber Pills: 3 calories total

Total Water intake (goal 128oz) = 88 oz

Total of 1628 .....still in my food budget

I'm also going to do another 5K this Sunday!!

--------------------

Re: ooooooo, that sounds so painful new
      #204559 - 08/11/05 10:15 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

I remember being that sore during my high school volleyball days! Try a heating pad, stretch, See my report in... hehehe some Aleve? took Midol or my old standby Ben-gay! used Absorbine Jr I don't think it ever helped my muscles but my brain thought so! LOL... made the bed nice and warm One more thing take a warm bath!

My chiropractor uses this cream "Bio" something(maybe biotin?) when she massages me.

--------------------

#204560 - 08/11/05 10:16 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Exercise

Water
64 oz
SFS Acacia
1 tsp

Breakfast
team america cheerios
original rice dream
2 handfuls of blueberries

Lunch
almond butter and currant jam on white italian bread
small yellow plum

snack
banana
piece of Heather's cornbread

dinner
chicken fajiata w/roasted onion & peppers w/ tiny bit of olive oil and 1 tsp of real sour cream
spanish rice
ear of corn(seeing if I have an attack like before) Your dinner sounds sooo good!! How did you do with the corn?

--------------------

Re: Yowza!! new
      #204561 - 08/11/05 10:19 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Hi Shell!
You poor thing, that sounds just awful! People always say that sort of pain is "good pain" but I don't know that I really believe in that much "good pain"!! LOL... I know...I was kinda thinking I had REALLY hurt myself... I talk to 2 others who took the class with me on Tues...and they ALL hurt in the same places!! LOL
I agree about taking a warm bath and stretching, sounds like your body needs a little warmth and pull.. hee hee. See my report in
Take it easy at the gym today, I don't wanna hear that someone had to find you crying or asleep on the elliptical, hee hee. LOL I did just the oposite....
I guess it means you are definitely doing something right at the gym if you are still getting so crazy sore! Yes, those Tues classes are used to "Shock" my body....something new and challenging every week..... I love it!
Good luck! thanks!
--Steph

--------------------

#204562 - 08/11/05 10:21 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

snacks and lunch (pretty hungry today) luna, 2 pieces zucchini bread, Newman pretzels, carrots, mango (1 1/2) 1/2 banana, 1c HNC
D: salmon with leeks and tomatoes over pasta, 1 piece baguette Sounds like a great dinner..have you posted this recipe?
Exercise: worked 5 hours and then gardened and then lifted weights about 2/3 of normal routine
Other: was C from the cheese and lack of water yesterday but nothing too bad. Sometimes a little tiny taste of the real stuff is worth it when your stable..hehehe

--------------------

#204567 - 08/11/05 10:39 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

In typical hobbit habit, random order, etc. et cetera:

--1 L Gatorade

--750 ml. broth

--spinach/portabella mushrooms (homemade fresh raspberry-opiate dressing)

--zucchini and cauliflower "faux-tatoes" with lots of fresh chives, some dill(2 c. of that addictive cauliflower--total comfort food! Beano sure worked!)(If I feel gassy, a cup or two of fennel tea works like a charm!) Wonderful stuff!!

--2 c. raspberries (Some of that was part of my spinach vinaigrette)

--2 c. carrots (steamed, with Nakano seasoned rice vinegar)

--10 baby dill pickles

--An illegal quantity of water, a pot of coffee (less 1.5 c), 4 c. camomile tea, 2 c. fennel rooibos tea, 2 c. apple-mango tea, 2 c. True Blueberry herbal tea LOL that is 92oz...good if your approx 180 pounds ...not sure of your weight.

--Later? Either some more Gatorade or a glass of cranberry juice.

Calories? Who knows and who cares! I'm satisfied and that's what counts. I let hunger and thirst guide me. Can you believe though, that yesterday I ate a whole broccoli without pain/major gas attack? WOW! And furthermore, half an enormous cauliflower, today? Riddle me that one, Batman! I don't understand why I'm craving these things so fiercely, and while my bm's are accelerated, I'm neither gassy nor bloated. Also, I'm eating pickles like a pregnant woman. I wish they made cranberry flavoured Gatorade. Must get some cranberry herbal tea a.s.a.p.

Kate.

--------------------

#204568 - 08/11/05 10:42 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Yikes! Good workout then eh? Oh yeah....you should have seen the expressions on my face during it! lol

Shell have you ever tried contrast showers? I swear by them now since I started doing them a few months ago. Basically you put the water on really nice and hot for a minute or so, and then change it to really cold for a minute, and then back. It sounds kind of uncomfortable (and the cold part can be - but oh that hot feels good after the cold!)... but it's actually really refreshing. Anyway long story short: constrast showers have been proven to help speed up recovery. And yup, it really does help with muscle soreness! My bf also does a few mins in the hot tub (or sauna) followed by a lap of the cold pool for the same effect. No, but I'm gonna have to try that next time... or maybe tonight if the meds don't keep the pain away.... I work one on one with PT Heather tonight (8/11)...

--------------------

Re: Shell, my weight/water intake new
      #204684 - 08/11/05 02:43 PM
Wind

I weigh around 112 lbs. So, does this mean I'm drinking enough fluid for 180lb. woman? Just curious.

Kate.

#204697 - 08/11/05 04:04 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

I weigh around 112 lbs. So, does this mean I'm drinking enough fluid for 180lb. woman? Just curious.

Kate.

1/2oz per pound of body weight is really perfect....so, about 7 glasses for you... a couple more glasses will not hurt you.

--------------------

so far so good on the corn-nt- new
      #204703 - 08/11/05 04:31 PM
heather robin

--------------------
IBS-D

You are inspiration to me new
      #204710 - 08/11/05 04:45 PM
heather robin

Quote:

Calories? Who knows and who cares! I'm satisfied and that's what counts. I let hunger and thirst guide me.

That is my goal! It may take awhile to undo 20 years of "food issues"(for lack of a better term). Thanks for posting your thought!

--------------------
IBS-D

Re: Heather/calorie counting new
      #204716 - 08/11/05 05:02 PM
Wind

I have OCD/GAD. When I take my OCD/GAD pills regularily, I seriously have that "Rhett Butler" "Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn attitude" re: numbers. I tossed the scale--only my doctor weighs me every few months. I go by my jeans. I just write down what I eat because I'm in the logging/charting habit and for IBS reasons. I had my meds. up'ed a little and it has really made a huge difference.

I just know, intuitively/innately that I can't/won't get fat. I trust myself completely to give myself exactly what I need. I think my biggest concern is making sure I get enough calories to meet my basal needs. Fear/anxiety really interferes with the appetite/hunger factor. So does eating alone. It really numbs/dulls/steals the appetite, more and more so lately. I have a rule, though...if my weight drops below a hundred pounds, then I institute a calorie counting program.

Kate.

#204717 - 08/11/05 05:05 PM
Wind

Thanks. I feel gross/icky if I don't drink about 12. Water is the first thing I reach for in the a.m.

Once again, thanks for clarifying the H2O numbers: 1/2 ounce per pound of body weight, minimum.

Kate.

#204722 - 08/11/05 05:19 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

Quote:

Quote:

D: salmon with leeks and tomatoes over pasta, 1 piece baguette Sounds like a great dinner..have you posted this recipe? yep leeks and salmon
Other: was C from the cheese and lack of water yesterday but nothing too bad. Sometimes a little tiny taste of the real stuff is worth it when your stable..hehehe

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Shell - A Question new
      #204747 - 08/11/05 06:13 PM
Vicam

Reged: 02/24/04
Loc: Ontario, Canada

What if you're drinking more than you should for your body weight? Will that encourage water retention? I was talking to my bf the other day and he thinks a lot of my problem might be water retention because of how swollen my ankles/calves look (I should post a pick and get an opinion...swollen vs. chunky). He was saying I should try a diuretic or the cabbage soup diet (yuck) to see if it's water retention.

Anyways, I drink a TON of water because it's the only beverage I drink and I constantly seem thirsty. I don't know how much I drink in a day. I go through about 5 18L bottles of water a month and that's just me...but I don't know what that works out to for a day

Thanks,
Kelly

#205009 - 08/12/05 12:56 PM
heather robin

Quote:

So does eating alone. It really numbs/dulls/steals the appetite, more and more so lately.

That brings back so many sad memories. I was like that at college. I was never comfortable eating alone anywhere on campus, I felt horrible because most people ate with their friends and I really didn't have that many. I'll never forget the night I cried in my room eating a hoagie(I binge)because I was sitting alone. That was almost 10 years ago, the good news is it really doesn't bother me any more either at home or at a restaurant. When I am out and about I see so many people eating by themselves, that helped. And when I am at home I have the tv on...which might not be a good thing but at least I hear voices.
I just wanted to respond and let you know that someone else knows what it is like and thanking you for your posts.

--------------------
IBS-D

Re: heather robin, please... new
      #205017 - 08/12/05 01:25 PM
Wind

Heather:

It sounds like while we express ourselves differently via food/habits--we're not all that different. Please email me anytime, should you care to chat: katenowak@msn.com

Kate.

Shell... new
      #205027 - 08/12/05 02:12 PM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

what kind of applesauce do you eat? Do you use the individual cups of Mott's that are totable?

Do you eat the fruit flavored ones, like strawberry? Is it okay to eat these as a snack even though they contain pureed peaches or strawberries in them?

I think maybe I'll just stick with my big jar of just plain apples and water...but if I don't eat it everyday...it ends up spoiling!

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Re: Shell... new
      #205043 - 08/12/05 03:19 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

what kind of applesauce do you eat? Do you use the individual cups of Mott's that are totable? I personally prefer the Seneca no sugar added 100% natural applesauce in the little cups. I have found this brand to have the best taste and texture, but I have also eaten Mott's & Safeway store brands...I just prefer the Seneca.

Do you eat the fruit flavored ones, like strawberry? Is it okay to eat these as a snack even though they contain pureed peaches or strawberries in them? The fruit ones are great too...I just don't eat them because I'm watching my calories and those tend to have just a little bit more...(and sugar added), but they should be just fine for you.

I think maybe I'll just stick with my big jar of just plain apples and water...but if I don't eat it everyday...it ends up spoiling! Try putting 1/2 into a container and freezing it, it should be fine.

You could also make your own, I know there is a recipe in EFI.

--------------------

Thanks -nt- new
      #206211 - 08/17/05 01:44 PM
heather robin

--------------------
IBS-D

#206225 - 08/17/05 02:45 PM
jaime g

Reged: 07/27/05
Loc: new york city

god, i totally do the same thing. just reading what you wrote about the hoagie flashed me back to that horrible feeling. i've always had major shame issues about eating, and in college was very self-conscious in the dining hall, always worried someone would judge what i was eating. and eating alone is really hard. i got better at it in college - having reading to do helped. but i still get like that sometimes.

--------------------
jaime
ibs-a (mostly d) // vegetarian

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 37 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 15236

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review