All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
Re: REPORTING IN - 8/10/05 new
      #204523 - 08/11/05 08:47 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Started a new diet (food plan) 8/8/05...per my PT. Time to change things up a little.... increasing my protein and reducing my carbs in the evenings.

OK... here is my reporting in......
My BMR = 2083 + I burned 937 calories Got a 5 minute massage byPersonal Trainer Heather...to help with the pain I WAS having...OMG that girl is strong!! LOL Must have pinched a nerve...I'm taking Pamprin All Day Relief and it seems to be doing the trick. (30 mintues circut training 3x20 of each machine, sneaked into the Kickboxing class for 20 minutes sshhh...don't tell, I'm not suppose to be taking it because of my knee...but it has been feeling fine and I was having major withdrawls...and I did not hurt myself either followed by 20 minutes on the Elliptical) - 730 less calories to get to my goal = 2290 calorie food budget.

Pre-Breakfast (around 6:00am) : 210 calories Soytein Energy Drink (Chocolate w/Vanilla Silk Soy Milk) & Water

Breakfast (around 8:30-9am): 170 calories Toasted Nutz N Cranberry Luna Bar & Water

Snack (around 10-10:30am): 50 calories 4oz Unsweetened Applesauce & Water

Snack (around 12:00pm): 210 calories Soytein Energy Drink (Banana w/Vanilla Silk Soy Milk) & Water

Snack (around 1:30pm): 50 calories 4oz Unsweetened Applesauce & Water

Lunch (around 2:30pm): 405 calories 6oz Tuna w/Light Mayo, 1 cup Long Grain Rice & Water

Before Gym(around 5:30pm): 210 calories Soytein Energy Drink (Chocolate w/Vanilla Silk Soy Milk) & Water

At The Gym (around 6-8pm): 7 calories 2 Altoids & Water

Dinner (between 8:30-9pm, after the gym): 313 calories 10" Flour Tortilla w/3oz Chicken Breast, 4 Tablespoons Fresh Pico de Gallo Salsa, 1/4 Teaspoon Garlic Powder & Water

Tea Time (around 10-10:30pm): 0 calories 8oz Heather's Fennel Tea (love the bags)

Fiber Pills: 3 calories total

Total Water intake (goal 128oz) = 88 oz

Total of 1628 .....still in my food budget

I'm also going to do another 5K this Sunday!!

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: ooooooo, that sounds so painful new
      #204559 - 08/11/05 10:15 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

I remember being that sore during my high school volleyball days! Try a heating pad, stretch, See my report in... hehehe some Aleve? took Midol or my old standby Ben-gay! used Absorbine Jr I don't think it ever helped my muscles but my brain thought so! LOL... made the bed nice and warm One more thing take a warm bath!

My chiropractor uses this cream "Bio" something(maybe biotin?) when she massages me.

--------------------

#204560 - 08/11/05 10:16 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Exercise

Water
64 oz
SFS Acacia
1 tsp

Breakfast
team america cheerios
original rice dream
2 handfuls of blueberries

Lunch
almond butter and currant jam on white italian bread
small yellow plum

snack
banana
piece of Heather's cornbread

dinner
chicken fajiata w/roasted onion & peppers w/ tiny bit of olive oil and 1 tsp of real sour cream
spanish rice
ear of corn(seeing if I have an attack like before) Your dinner sounds sooo good!! How did you do with the corn?

--------------------

Re: Yowza!! new
      #204561 - 08/11/05 10:19 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Hi Shell!
You poor thing, that sounds just awful! People always say that sort of pain is "good pain" but I don't know that I really believe in that much "good pain"!! LOL... I know...I was kinda thinking I had REALLY hurt myself... I talk to 2 others who took the class with me on Tues...and they ALL hurt in the same places!! LOL
I agree about taking a warm bath and stretching, sounds like your body needs a little warmth and pull.. hee hee. See my report in
Take it easy at the gym today, I don't wanna hear that someone had to find you crying or asleep on the elliptical, hee hee. LOL I did just the oposite....
I guess it means you are definitely doing something right at the gym if you are still getting so crazy sore! Yes, those Tues classes are used to "Shock" my body....something new and challenging every week..... I love it!
Good luck! thanks!
--Steph

--------------------

#204562 - 08/11/05 10:21 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

B; 2 oatmeal and soy creamer
snacks and lunch (pretty hungry today) luna, 2 pieces zucchini bread, Newman pretzels, carrots, mango (1 1/2) 1/2 banana, 1c HNC
D: salmon with leeks and tomatoes over pasta, 1 piece baguette Sounds like a great dinner..have you posted this recipe?
De: not eaten yet -full
Liquid 110 so far (thirsty because yesterday I did not have enough)
Exercise: worked 5 hours and then gardened and then lifted weights about 2/3 of normal routine
Other: was C from the cheese and lack of water yesterday but nothing too bad. Sometimes a little tiny taste of the real stuff is worth it when your stable..hehehe

--------------------

#204567 - 08/11/05 10:39 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

In typical hobbit habit, random order, etc. et cetera:

--1 L Gatorade

--750 ml. broth

--spinach/portabella mushrooms (homemade fresh raspberry-opiate dressing)

--zucchini and cauliflower "faux-tatoes" with lots of fresh chives, some dill(2 c. of that addictive cauliflower--total comfort food! Beano sure worked!)(If I feel gassy, a cup or two of fennel tea works like a charm!) Wonderful stuff!!

--2 c. raspberries (Some of that was part of my spinach vinaigrette)

--2 c. carrots (steamed, with Nakano seasoned rice vinegar)

--10 baby dill pickles

--An illegal quantity of water, a pot of coffee (less 1.5 c), 4 c. camomile tea, 2 c. fennel rooibos tea, 2 c. apple-mango tea, 2 c. True Blueberry herbal tea LOL that is 92oz...good if your approx 180 pounds ...not sure of your weight.

--Later? Either some more Gatorade or a glass of cranberry juice.

Calories? Who knows and who cares! I'm satisfied and that's what counts. I let hunger and thirst guide me. Can you believe though, that yesterday I ate a whole broccoli without pain/major gas attack? WOW! And furthermore, half an enormous cauliflower, today? Riddle me that one, Batman! I don't understand why I'm craving these things so fiercely, and while my bm's are accelerated, I'm neither gassy nor bloated. Also, I'm eating pickles like a pregnant woman. I wish they made cranberry flavoured Gatorade. Must get some cranberry herbal tea a.s.a.p.

Kate.

--------------------

#204568 - 08/11/05 10:42 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Yikes! Good workout then eh? Oh yeah....you should have seen the expressions on my face during it! lol

Shell have you ever tried contrast showers? I swear by them now since I started doing them a few months ago. Basically you put the water on really nice and hot for a minute or so, and then change it to really cold for a minute, and then back. It sounds kind of uncomfortable (and the cold part can be - but oh that hot feels good after the cold!)... but it's actually really refreshing. Anyway long story short: constrast showers have been proven to help speed up recovery. And yup, it really does help with muscle soreness! My bf also does a few mins in the hot tub (or sauna) followed by a lap of the cold pool for the same effect. No, but I'm gonna have to try that next time... or maybe tonight if the meds don't keep the pain away.... I work one on one with PT Heather tonight (8/11)...

--------------------

Re: Shell, my weight/water intake new
      #204684 - 08/11/05 02:43 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

I weigh around 112 lbs. So, does this mean I'm drinking enough fluid for 180lb. woman? Just curious.

Kate.

Re: Shell, my weight/water intake new
      #204697 - 08/11/05 04:04 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

I weigh around 112 lbs. So, does this mean I'm drinking enough fluid for 180lb. woman? Just curious.

Kate.

1/2oz per pound of body weight is really perfect....so, about 7 glasses for you... a couple more glasses will not hurt you.

--------------------

so far so good on the corn-nt- new
      #204703 - 08/11/05 04:31 PM
heather robin

Reged: 04/22/04
Loc: S.E. Pennsylvania

--------------------
IBS-D

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 25 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 15392

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review