All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
REPORTING IN - 8/1/05
      #201263 - 07/31/05 08:46 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Everyone post their report for what you did on 8/1 here....

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: REPORTING IN - 8/1/05 new
      #201343 - 08/01/05 08:24 AM
Shell Marr

Woke up refreashed, so hope today will be a better one "cold" wise.... after I'm done with this bottle of water I will make a cup of fennel... I can't beleive how good it feels and tastes when I'm sick...(killing two birds with one stone) hehehe

--------------------

Shell or other fennel tea drinkers new
      #201350 - 08/01/05 09:02 AM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

Glad your feeling better.

I have a question about the fennel tea. Have you tried others besides Heathers? If so, how do they compare?

Do you think the tea bags are as potent as the loose tea she carries? I'm not sure how they compare money wise...if the loose tea would give me more money's worth? Any feedback?

Thanks!

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Re: Shell or other fennel tea drinkers new
      #201379 - 08/01/05 10:48 AM
Shell Marr

I did not try another "brand" just bulk from the HFS and that is NO comparison to Heather's. Heather's loose is great...however I found myself wasting it because I would make a big pot and would not always drink it...when I used the tea infusers...I could not get it strong enough because they did not hold enough and as we all know...fennel seeds expand while in the water. And it did not travel well. Heather's tea bags in 8oz of hot water make the PERFECT cup!! And I have at least 4-6 bags in my purse in a ziplock at all times!!

--------------------

#201393 - 08/01/05 11:09 AM
Snorkie

Reged: 02/15/05
Loc: Northern Illinois, USA

I walked about a mile on the track at the YMCA and did the eliptical for 3 miles and 300 calories. Only did 10 reps with the 5lb weights for my arms, but after 6 months of doing virtually nothing, I can really feel it in my arms!

#201488 - 08/01/05 03:12 PM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

I tried tea bags from my HFS. They were really dry and the tea smelt really old. I had to brew it REALLY strong for it to touch the bloating at all and then it was so licorice-y that it made me nauseous. I couldn't understand how or why anyone would drink the vile stuff, but I tried Heather's tea and it was a revelation! I love the stuff and it's my best remedy now.

#201527 - 08/01/05 05:22 PM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Hi Beth,

I haven't actually tried Heather's fennel tea but I do find that the tea bags I've had in the past (and I've tried a few, mostly in the UK) have been pretty weak. If I ever mixed fennel with peppermint, I could barely taste the fennel.
I'd like to try Heather's loose tea or tea bags if they are stronger.. once I get some moola that is!
--Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

#201543 - 08/01/05 06:06 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

B1: luna bar pre exercise 180 4.5
gatorade post exercise 50
B2 (noon): malto meal and banana 350 and 4g and milk 60 and 1g
Late lunch: soup and a piece of bread 350 and 3g
sherbet 120
D: peanutty noodles 400 and 8g
Des: ice cream 130 and 3g
Total: about 1580 and 13% fat
Exercise: biked about 35 min. It has been over 3 weeks! Then I got sickish and laid around. It was more IBSey and less coldish. Then cleaned in afternoon.
Other: will step on scale soon. I know I lost weight. I feel very light and got whistled at this morning while biking! Wowser that never happens!

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Thanks Linz new
      #201546 - 08/01/05 06:18 PM
Augie

Are you using the loose leaf or the tea bags? Do you find one to be stronger?

--------------------
~ Beth

#201548 - 08/01/05 06:20 PM
Augie

So you only need to use 1 tea bag? I might get one of each. Bags for work and loose for home, if the loose is more economical...as long as the potency is the same.

Thanks

--------------------
~ Beth

Moola is what I've been waiting for too! new
      #201549 - 08/01/05 06:23 PM
Augie

I have some Altiva brand fennel teas, but have never really found them to work for me. Maybe it's not that fennel doesn't work for me...it, more likely, is that the tea bags are weak!

I'm trying to tell myself that the cost of the tea and shipping is probably still cheaper than all the soda I used to drink. But the IBS diet/supplements can get costly!

--------------------
~ Beth

#201565 - 08/01/05 08:08 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

Felt super-nauseated today. I think I inhaled too much toilet duck or something.

In typical hobbit habit, random order, etc. et cetera:

--2 L Gatorade
--2 c. carrots, small fennel bulb (1.5 c.) roasted
--1 c. strawberries
--2 c. peaches (came back to haunt me)
--green swiss chard/zucchini (came back to haunt me)
--1 L. organic no-chicken broth
--I forget how much water
--fennel rooibos tea with raw sugar
--other assorted herbal teas
--water

Just a pukey day. I was sniffling all day and well...no wonder the peaches and the zucchini/spinach didn't stick with me. Sometimes the meds. I take make you hurl. Also, I'm sleep deprived, so...no wonder my guts felt rebellious.
Maybe I'll do a modified fast for awhile or pretend it's Ramadan and I'm a Muslim? Okay, I know...I'm just being weird...Honestly, what do they say? Feed a fever, starve a cold or some such nonsense?

I think I'll just suck some ice or jolly ranchers.

Kate, IBS--D.

#201592 - 08/01/05 10:09 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

So you only need to use 1 tea bag? I might get one of each. Bags for work and loose for home, if the loose is more economical...as long as the potency is the same.

Thanks

Yes, I'm drinking the "perfect" cup right now...8oz water & ONE of Heather's fennel tea bags

--------------------

#201624 - 08/02/05 05:20 AM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

I love this blend made by Intaba Teas of Africa: Fennel and Rooibos. It's so good even as an iced tea. (I buy 2 boxes of the stuff most weeks and on brew a pitcher. I like it really obscenely ROBUST and double bag it/cup.) There's tons of great organic brands and I've even bought a cheap brand for 99 cents. You can buy the stuff loose at the HFS and make your own STRANGE BREWS (which I've been known to do). For an "iced tea," I like the fennel and the rooibos with a twist of lime sitting in the jug.

I tried something really interesting/funky with just plain fennel tea, a few days ago: I mixed it with some Celestial seasonings Blueberry tea. WOW. If you love licorice, or just want to loose the fennel taste, try mixing fennel with a fruity kind of herbal tea. I also made an awesome fennel-cammomile-vanilla brew. I guess it depends if your feeling more "floral" or "fruity." Alas, enough "tea-talk."

I think tea brewing is alot like perfume/essential oil combining sometimes!!!

Kate, IBS-D.

#201631 - 08/02/05 05:51 AM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

20 min run @ 5.5 mph
20 min elliptical @ level 10
20 min bike hills @ level 7

I won't be reporting for awhile, as my best friend and her husband are here visiting for two weeks! This is very exciting, however yesterday I came down with the flu. Lovely timing huh? So I'm doping myself up to the max so I can entertain them (Eric's working) and I don't think working out is a good idea right now- don't think my body could take it.

#201750 - 08/02/05 10:07 AM
heather robin

Reged: 04/22/04
Loc: S.E. Pennsylvania

Exercise
R. Simmons toning 30 min. video
endurance 2lbs strength 5lbs
Water
40 oz water 32 oz herbal teas
SFS Acacia
1 T
Breakfast
2 pieces heather's banana bread, earth balance spread, handful blueberries
Lunch
honeycomb, banana, original rice milk
Dinner
1 piece of mushroom pizza extra cheese
salad
3 regular brownies with peanutbutter chips

My friend from Portland was home for a visit so we ordered a pizza. Instead of me taking the cheese off, I eat it and continue with the brownies! My friend knows of my IBS so what was I thinking? And the worse part was after she left I binged on the brownies...what the hell I think that deep down I am pissed off that I have this problem and why does it have to be me!

--------------------
IBS-D

I use loose leaf atm... new
      #201799 - 08/02/05 12:48 PM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

...as I want to use that before I order tea bags...plus I mix it with lavender most of the time and carry a small bottle of the mix with me.

#201802 - 08/02/05 12:54 PM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Hi all,

Excercise: Took my dog for a walk along a river and through a bunch of trails (up and down hills and stuff). We walked for about an hour and 45 mins.
When I got home, I was painting the house for about 3 hours as well.
Dunno how many calories that burns...

Breakfast: Luna bar and applesauce

Lunch: Tuna w/Extra Low Fat Mayo and some pretzels (thank you Shell!) - the tuna tasted like metal or something, though, it wasn't very nice. Had about half.

Dinner: slice of pizza w/no cheese, some potato skins w/no fat sour cream (nono for some people)

Snacks: While stressing about mom - some frozen yogurt, and twizzlers.

Ta Da!
--Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

#201948 - 08/02/05 10:07 PM
Shell Marr

OK... here is my reporting in......
My BMR = 2083 + I burned 978 calories (45 minutes on the Eliptical, 30 minutes Abs) - 730 less calories to get to my goal = 2331 calorie food budget.

Pre-Breakfast (starting at 6am instead of 8:30-9am) : 170 calories Toasted Nutz N Cranberry Luna Bar & Water

Breakfast: 170 calories Toasted Nutz N Cranberry Luna Bar & Water

Snack: 170 calories Toasted Nutz N Cranberry Luna Bar & Water

Lunch (around 2:30pm is a normal time for me): 355 calories 6oz Tuna w/Light Mayo, 1 oz Pretzels, 4oz Unsweetented Applesauce & Water

Before Gym: 210 calories Soytein Energy Drink (Banana w/Vanilla Silk Soy Milk) & Water

Dinner (between 8-8:30pm, after the gym): 459 calories 10" Flour Tortilla w/3oz Chicken Breast, 1 cup Basmati Rice, 4 Tablespoons Fresh Pico de Gallo Salsa, 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder & Water

Fiber Pills: 2.25 calories total

Cough Drops: 60 calories total

Total Water intake (goal 128oz) = 64 oz

Total of 1596.25 .....still in my food budget

--------------------

#348441 - 07/26/09 03:53 PM
Elsie45

Reged: 07/26/09
Loc: South Central Ohio

I'm brand new to this site . it's been a vicious cycle...I don't have energy to exercise because I can't hardly eat and I can't hardly eat because of the IBS

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 101 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 21308

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review