All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)
REPORTING IN - 7/29/05
      #200716 - 07/28/05 10:57 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Everyone post their report for what you did on 7/29 here....

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

REPORTING IN - 7/29/05 - Whooops new
      #200720 - 07/28/05 11:37 PM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Hi ya'll,
Okay, I am feel a little less doped up now (it was adivan, Shell, for your next high pleasure, hee hee. Oh my god, take that, THEN go to the pink floyd laser show, oh lordy!!)

Today I did not get any exercise. I went to the dentist early in the am, came home, passed out for several hours and am still really wobbly when I walk. Boo.

Today I ate:
Breakfast: 1/2 luna bar (didn't want to eat too much before the dentist, fear getting an attack in chair) = 90 calories

**Slept most of day**

Lunch/Dinner: 1 piece of pita bread with about 1/4 cup of homemade hummus and 2 pickles = 318 calories

Snack: Oh! Had about half a glass of gingerale through the day (after antibiotics) to try to keep it down so that's like another 100 calories

Now Adrian is on his way home and I told him that my mouth is hurting so bad and I need something cold or something chocolate or something chocolate AND cold, I need somethin'! So I will amend this report tomorrow after I be so bad!

So far, though, that means my calories are at...508 calories! Oh well, damnit.
I guess today was a failure, boo. I am having real trouble because my medication says: Take every six hours. Take either 1 hour before food, or 2 hours after food. It is so hard to figure out when I can and can't eat!

Well, here's lookin' at tomorrow!

--Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

Re: REPORTING IN - 7/29/05 new
      #200848 - 07/29/05 10:55 AM
heather robin

Reged: 04/22/04
Loc: S.E. Pennsylvania

Exercise
chiropractic

Water
64oz

SFS Heather's Acacia
1 T plus 1 equalactin
Breakfast
Cinnamon & Sugar french bread toast with earth balance spread
about 4oz of silk soy peach yogart
Lunch
Applegate farm chicken dog on bun w/mustard
small carrot
handful of pretzels
Dinner
A variation on Rachael Ray's chicken meatballs, gnocci and sauce receipe
did not use as much oil, all chicken breast ground chicken.
Lime Mint sorbet from Eating for IBS

Not as mentally bummed as last night. Decided that for me each day is going to be my "first day" reporting in, so that way I start with a clean slate everyday.

Felt like I was going to have an attack. Took one equalactin, which stopped it.

--------------------
IBS-D

Edited by heather robin (07/31/05 10:39 AM)

#200978 - 07/29/05 05:39 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

B: MOM 260 and 5g
snacks: banana, sherbet, orange juice 350
late lunch: homemade soup-defrosted 200 and 5g?
D: chicken breast grilled on rosemary skewer, fresh potatoes out of the garden, 2 ears corn, 1/2 piece baguette YUM! 500cals at least 8g fat
orange juice 120 cals
more sherbet???
Total 1430 so far 11% fat
Other: I coughed so hard all my stomach muscles hurt really bad and I pulled a lower back muscle. I slept in late and then read in the sun in my yard. I walked around/putzed a little late in the day and made dinner. I am not ready to exercise yet. Turns out I was supposed to take 2 prednisone at a time twice a day -4 total , but I have been taking 2 a day.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Little MInnie new
      #200993 - 07/29/05 06:54 PM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

Can you share your soup recipe with us? I've been searching for a good soup for lunch! Especially one with some IF veggies.

I would love some soup recipes if you have time!

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

#201001 - 07/29/05 07:28 PM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

10 min running @ 5.5 mph 1% incline
30 min elliptial @ level 9
18 min bike hills @ level 7

Total: 58 minutes, 200 for week.

#201004 - 07/29/05 08:06 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

I'm almost afraid to post. However, I shall be honest. 'Twas a rough day. Anyways, here's what I ate without giving much of a thought to calories.

In typical hobbit habit, random order, etc. et cetera:

--1 c. raspberries
--2 c. peaches
--3 c. blackberries (gee, what's my favourite flavour of jam???)(They look like big fat bugs or thimbles, but they are so juicy and sweet/tart--berries don't give me D; they actually stop it!)
--1 c. applesauce
--zucchini/spinach "salad" (steamed/pureed; opiate dijon dressing--poppyseeds, honey, grainy dijon mustard, vinegar, KOSHER SALT, chives/herbes de provence.)
--1 L cool blue gatorade (made some "spritzers" with lime seltzer)(I feel better listening to Doc.'s orders--I guess she's right about my electrolyte problem. Plus, I seem to be burning my food like mad and my pills dehydrate me and give me BIG THIRSTS! She thinks it might help my body's warped protein metabolism/muscle wasting)
--at least 6 mugs of fennel rooibos tea with honey
--a tetra (1L) no-chicken stock (maybe I should go for something mainstream? It's probably saltier?)
--I won't say how much water
--Juice of 5 lemons
--Less than a cup of cranberry juice, diluted.(Still craving lemonade.)

So, that's all for tonight. Another day in life from the Far Side. Mostly, I just go out for supplies--food/beverages/entertainment. I now have to wear my specs. when I check out the grocery store. There are some weird things that pass for foods. (Note: I'm accustomed to virtually exclusively shopping in the produce area.) Indeed, a lost child. I think I got enough calories in. Oh well, tomorrow's another day.

Kate, IBS-D.

soup new
      #201008 - 07/29/05 08:28 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

It actually did not turn out very well. I made a huge batch of soup this spring and froze it in containers. It is okay but the root veggies are too soft. I definitely don't recommend noodles if it is going to be frozen, as they get really soft, but if you use veggies they should be left a little more undercooked than normal. Rice is a great base for freezing in soup. I remember I cooked a whole chicken in stock/water mix with fresh herbs, removed the chicken, cooked the veggies (rutabaga, potato, carrot, leek and onion) in the stock and put the chicken back in after chopping it. I also left my veggies in too big of pieces. Anyway there is no real recipe. I like the method I used. I also let it cool and removed the fat on top before freezing in glad containers and the like.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

#201017 - 07/29/05 09:48 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

OK... here is my reporting in......
My BMR = 2083 + I burned 978 calories 45 minutes on the Eliptical followed by 30 minutes of wonderful Abs ) - 730 less calories to get to my goal = 2331 calorie food budget.

Pre-Breakfast (starting at 6am instead of 8:30-9am) : 85 calories HALF Toasted Nutz N Cranberry Luna Bar (I've got a cold and it tasted like CRAP….maybe due to the cough drop before it?) & Water

Breakfast: 170 calories Toasted Nutz N Cranberry Luna Bar & Water

Snack: 170 calories Toasted Nutz N Cranberry Luna Bar & Water

Snack: 9 calories 2 Green Grapes & Water

Lunch (around 2:30pm is a normal time for me): 355 calories 6oz Tuna w/Light Mayo, 1 oz Pretzels, ½ c Unsweetened Applesauce & Water

Tea Time: 0 calories 8oz Fennel Tea

Before Gym: 210 calories Soytein Energy Drink (Bannana w/Vanilla Silk Soy Milk) & Water

Dinner (between 8-8:30pm, after the gym): 469 calories 10" Flour Tortilla w/3oz Chicken Breast, 1 cup Basmati Rice, 4 Tablespoons Newman's Own Mild Salsa , 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder, CBINB Spray & Water

Fiber Pills: 2.25 calories total

Cough Drops: 60 calories Shane gave me his cold from last week

Total Water intake (goal 128oz) = 64 oz BAD BAD GIRL…..

Total of 1525.25 ..... WAY WAY WAY LOW (could not even taste the food I DID eat)… still in my food budget

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Question for shell... new
      #201030 - 07/30/05 06:58 AM
Natalie1985

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: UK - Leeds for uni, Merseyside for home!

Just wondering do you keep your daily menu pretty much the same all the time?? Only asking cos Ive noticed in your posts you always have 3 luna bars and the flour tortilla dinner....dont you get bored of eating the same thing? Im trying hard to eat different things everyday cos aprently your more susceptable to becoming intolerant to foods if u eat them all the time....Im not finding that good for my ibs though, when I stick to the same sorts of foods I seem to do better...is that the same with you?

--------------------
Natalie

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 278 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4023

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review