All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
REPORTING IN - 7/28/05
      #200272 - 07/28/05 05:58 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Everyone post their report for what you did on 7/28 here....

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: REPORTING IN - 7/28/05 new
      #200439 - 07/28/05 11:32 AM
heather robin

Reged: 04/22/04
Loc: S.E. Pennsylvania

Exercise
None
Water
32 oz
SFS
1 T
What I ate
Breakfast
honeycomb w/original rice milk
Lunch
toasted bread w/ earth balance spread & quince jam
1/2 banana handful of blueberries
few pretzels
Dinner
original rice milk
quaker oat squares
1/2 peach
kimberton fair doughnut
3 ginger snaps

Last night we went to the Kimberton Fair and I stayed away from all the great tasting fair food - funnel cakes, hotdogs, sausage sandwiches-I think you get my drift. I did allow myself one of the firehouse's doughnuts. Little old Penna. Dutch ladies make them twice a year and they melt in your mouth. My problem is this, if I felt like I ate "good" during the rest of the day, the doughnut would not have bothered me mentally. But my brain said to me last night, you didn't eat that healthy all day so just round off the night by eating the rest of the ginger snaps! I think the only thing that stopped me from finishing off the bag of doughnuts was the fact that I would be reporting in! The great thing about this board is I will be able to track my eating/emotional habits.

Feeling better after last night. Peppermint & fennel tea was a life saver!

--------------------
IBS-D

Edited by heather robin (07/29/05 10:40 AM)

#200626 - 07/28/05 05:13 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

About 2 oz. rice pasta

2 white flesh peaches

1 small banana

2 fruit leathers from Whole Foods (forgot to make sure they're GF...shame on me!)

Dinner? Prob. an egg white omelette or sweet potato..maybe some soup...we'll see

Made it another day without buying any trigger foods. Hurray!

Made 2 phone calls I was anxious about, returned the movie to Blockbuster (lately I've been terrified of most places), and I'm still here!! :-)

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Shell I took the whole day off as you suggested new
      #200644 - 07/28/05 05:51 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

Well as my doc and DH suggested too.
B: MOM (spilled some) 200 cals 4g
snacks and lunch: sorbet 150, 1 piece zucchini bread 150 and 3g, banana 100
D: egg beater omelet with mushrooms, spinach, pesto and smoked salmon and 1/2 piece baguette around 225 cals and 5g or maybe less
DE: sherbet (it is UFO with the dairy bits in it ) and orange juice 400 cals
Total: 1225 8% fat
Exercise: none. Laid around watching a long miniseries and then napped. Did mild putzing around after that. Again we had gorgeous weather and I have gardening to do and can't because I have TB! (I cough so bad I got kicked out of the bedroom last night and I feel like I will crack a rib or make myself throw up. On the other hand I feel I will get better quickly with my new meds. I also bought some Traditional Medicinals tea for nighttime coughing.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

REPORTING IN - 7/28/05 new
      #200660 - 07/28/05 06:35 PM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Just too complicated right now for me to count calories, I'm all doped up! This is what I ate though...

Orange Luna Bar (180)
Serving of Ramen Noodles with light soy sauce
Peice of pita bread dipped in homemade hummus (didn't eat much 'cause it is VERY garlicy, will use less next time).
Handful of sunflower seeds
Glass of gingerale (bad! I know, but I nearly threw up my antibiotcs)
Halibut steak, grilled plain. My mom brough some quinoa, but it was cooked strangely and was gross so I had like half a bite.
1 pickle

That's it! I have nooo idea how many calories that is. Oy.
--Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

#200699 - 07/28/05 09:37 PM
Shell Marr

OK... here is my reporting in......
My BMR = 2083 + I burned 726 calories (10 minutes warm up on Elptical, 40 minutes with MY Personal Trainer Heather *Note: this was my 1st mid-week session with her and I had told her that I needed a challenge…..OH, and THAT she gave me…. I hurt EVERYWHERE…lol , followed by 20 minutes on the Eliptical ) - 730 less calories to get to my goal = 2079 calorie food budget.

Pre-Breakfast (starting at 6am instead of 8:30-9am) : 170 calories Toasted Nutz N Cranberry Luna Bar & Water

Breakfast: 170 calories Toasted Nutz N Cranberry Luna Bar & Water

Snack: 170 calories Toasted Nutz N Cranberry Luna Bar & Water

Snack: 12 calories 7 Green Grapes & Water

Lunch (around 2:30pm is a normal time for me): 355 calories 6oz Tuna w/Light Mayo, 1 oz Pretzels, ½ c Unsweetened Applesauce & Water

Tea Time: 0 calories 8oz Fennel Tea

Before Gym: 210 calories Soytein Energy Drink (Chocolate w/Vanilla Silk Soy Milk) & Water

At The Gym: 7 calories 2 Altoids

Dinner (between 8-8:30pm, after the gym): 459 calories 10" Flour Tortilla w/3oz Chicken Breast, 1 cup Basmati Rice, 4 Tablespoons Fresh Pico de Gallo Salsa, 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder, CBINB Spray & Water

Fiber Pills: 2.25 calories total

Cough Drops: 30 calories Shane gave me his cold from last week

Total Water intake (goal 128oz) = 80 oz

Total of 1585.25 .....WAY LOW…still in my food budget

--------------------

#200705 - 07/28/05 09:52 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

Just tired today (sleepless). I'm craving fluid more than food. Maybe I'll buy some organic lemonade tomorrow.

In typical hobbit habit, random order, etc. et cetera

--a tetra (1L) of organic veg. broth
--juice of 5.5 lemons
--3 c. raspberries (And no, Shell--I didn't have D!!!)
--2 c. white flesh peaches
--puree of spinach with puree of zucchini (dill, basil)
--more zucchini puree with puree of asparagus (herbs de provence)
(I ate the above cold, as babyfood salads with fatfree Italian dressing and a quick homemade grainy dijon honey balsalmic vinaigrette)
--honey in fennel rooibos tea (I think I downed at least 4 mugs!)(Oh how I love licorice!!! I don't care--I'm going to buy some candy tomorrow. I'm going to be a big suck on hiatus
--seltzer
--2 bottles of Propel Gatorade
--a bottle of Aquafina stuff
--I forget how much water but plenty
--3 cups of black UFO to sober up from my sleeping pill hangover with raw sugar

I'm losing my appetite. Maybe it's the sleep deprivation and stress and nausea. Mostly, I crave liquid. My gut feels better with the sports drinks--I'm a lazy skinny person, but the pills I take deplete my sodium levels and I'm perpetually thirsty. I'm trying to drink less fluid. My doctor wants me to drink mostly Gatorade and I'm starting to think she might be on to something.

I also used both iodized sea salt and table salt.

I'm just a tad worried because when I was anorexic, I basically just lived on sugar water and a little fruit and broth. I'll see how long my inclination keeps up, but I have to really force/coddle myself to eat. I'd rather sleep. Could be the weather, too, and t.v. deprivation.

I'm really craving MSG in a bad way. Maybe I should buy some Campbell's soup broth?

Anyways, I probably got enough calories to maintain my basal rate. Just bummed today.

Kate.

Shell new
      #200710 - 07/28/05 10:32 PM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Wooo hooo, that sounds good!!
Now what you ate looks like it should be about what I should be eating (numbers wise) so maybe I will just start copying some of your daily meals, hee hee.

I'm not at all surprised that you are sore after telling that woman you wanted a challenge! Be careful what you wish for!

Hey -- I wanted to say something the other day and I forgot. You said you forgot your lunch, right? Is that why you have that little sign on your door? So so cute!!

**hugs**
--Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

Re: Shell new
      #200711 - 07/28/05 10:39 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Wooo hooo, that sounds good!!
Now what you ate looks like it should be about what I should be eating (numbers wise) so maybe I will just start copying some of your daily meals, hee hee. got for it!! hehehe I BAKE my dinner all together...let me know if you need a link to the "basic" recipe....I just change what I put inside it.

I'm not at all surprised that you are sore after telling that woman you wanted a challenge! Be careful what you wish for! LOL I know.... when she starte me out doing walking luges with 10# instead of 5# in each hand and doing one legged curls when I got to the end of the room that I was in DEEP doo doo.... LOL Her words were..."you said you wanted a challenge"... with a big grin on her face!! Then when I told her my legs were still tights from her class on Tuesday... she put her fist to her eye and said, "cry me a river"....LMAO!!

Hey -- I wanted to say something the other day and I forgot. You said you forgot your lunch, right? Is that why you have that little sign on your door? So so cute!! THAT was for Shane.... but I really need to be reading it too!! LOL

**hugs**
--Steph

--------------------

#200712 - 07/28/05 10:48 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Exercise

Water
16 oz
SFS

What I ate
Breakfast
honeycomb w/original rice milk
Lunch
toasted bread w/ earth balance spread & quince jam
1/2 banana handful of blueberries
few pretzels

Feeling better after last night. Peppermint & fennel tea was a life saver! I love the stuff... I can even do the fennel without sugar now!! wwwoohhooo

--------------------

#200713 - 07/28/05 10:50 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

About 2 oz. rice pasta

2 white flesh peaches

1 small banana

2 fruit leathers from Whole Foods (forgot to make sure they're GF...shame on me!) were they? how did you do with them?

Dinner? Prob. an egg white omelette or sweet potato..maybe some soup...we'll see

Made it another day without buying any trigger foods. Hurray! me too!! cough drops don't count so they...lol

Made 2 phone calls I was anxious about, returned the movie to Blockbuster (lately I've been terrified of most places), and I'm still here!! :-) YAH!!

--------------------

Re: Shell I took the whole day off as you suggested new
      #200714 - 07/28/05 10:52 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Well as my doc and DH suggested too. LOL
B: MOM (spilled some) oops! 200 cals 4g
snacks and lunch: sorbet 150, 1 piece zucchini bread 150 and 3g, banana 100
D: egg beater omelet with mushrooms, spinach, pesto and smoked salmon and 1/2 piece baguette yummers again! around 225 cals and 5g or maybe less
DE: sherbet (it is UFO with the dairy bits in it ) and orange juice 400 cals
Total: 1225 8% fat
Exercise: none. Laid around watching a long miniseries and then napped. Did mild putzing around after that. Again we had gorgeous weather and I have gardening to do and can't because I have TB! (I cough so bad I got kicked out of the bedroom last night and I feel like I will crack a rib or make myself throw up. On the other hand I feel I will get better quickly with my new meds. I also bought some Traditional Medicinals tea for nighttime coughing. You poor thing....I'm so glad you took it easy today.... keep the meds going (lots of water too) and enjoy that tea....

--------------------

#200717 - 07/28/05 11:00 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Just too complicated right now for me to count calories, I'm all doped up! you wanna share some of what your on? hehehe This is what I ate though...

Orange Luna Bar (180)
Serving of Ramen Noodles with light soy sauce
Peice of pita bread dipped in homemade hummus (didn't eat much 'cause it is VERY garlicy, will use less next time).
Handful of sunflower seeds
Glass of gingerale (bad! I know, but I nearly threw up my antibiotcs)
Halibut steak, grilled plain. yum My mom brough some quinoa, but it was cooked strangely and was gross so I had like half a bite.
1 pickle

That's it! I have nooo idea how many calories that is. Oy. well concidering your pour mouth....you did pretty good.
--Steph

--------------------

#200719 - 07/28/05 11:05 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Just tired today (sleepless). I'm craving fluid more than food. Maybe I'll buy some organic lemonade tomorrow.

In typical hobbit habit, random order, etc. et cetera

--a tetra (1L) of organic veg. broth
--juice of 5.5 lemons
--3 c. raspberries (And no, Shell--I didn't have D!!!) well, that is good
--2 c. white flesh peaches
--puree of spinach with puree of zucchini (dill, basil)
--more zucchini puree with puree of asparagus (herbs de provence)
(I ate the above cold, as babyfood salads with fatfree Italian dressing and a quick homemade grainy dijon honey balsalmic vinaigrette)yum
--honey in fennel rooibos tea (I think I downed at least 4 mugs!)(Oh how I love licorice!!! have you tried Heather's yet? I don't care--I'm going to buy some candy tomorrow. lol I'm going to be a big suck on hiatus
--seltzer
--2 bottles of Propel Gatorade eeeewwww... artificial sweetener....try just the original Gatorade
--a bottle of Aquafina stuff
--I forget how much water but plenty
--3 cups of black UFO to sober up from my sleeping pill hangover with raw sugar

I'm losing my appetite. Maybe it's the sleep deprivation and stress and nausea. Mostly, I crave liquid. My gut feels better with the sports drinks--I'm a lazy skinny person, but the pills I take deplete my sodium levels and I'm perpetually thirsty. I'm trying to drink less fluid. My doctor wants me to drink mostly Gatorade and I'm starting to think she might be on to something.

I also used both iodized sea salt and table salt.

I'm just a tad worried because when I was anorexic, I basically just lived on sugar water and a little fruit and broth. I'll see how long my inclination keeps up, but I have to really force/coddle myself to eat. I'd rather sleep. Could be the weather, too, and t.v. deprivation.

I'm really craving MSG in a bad way. Maybe I should buy some Campbell's soup broth?

Anyways, I probably got enough calories to maintain my basal rate. Just bummed today. Hope tomorrow is a better day!

Kate.

--------------------

Edited by Shell Marr (07/29/05 08:20 AM)

For Kate: new
      #200879 - 07/29/05 12:38 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

Hope today is better *hugs* i hear ya on the sugar water....you know your bod/mind/soul...trust yourself but stay guarded...

Love you!!!

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 102 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5439

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review