All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)
REPORTING IN - 7/27/05
      #199704 - 07/26/05 10:25 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Everyone post their report for what you did on 7/27 here....

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: REPORTING IN - 7/27/05 new
      #199881 - 07/27/05 09:27 AM
heather robin

Reged: 04/22/04
Loc: S.E. Pennsylvania

Day 2
Exercise
chiropractic exercises
Water amount
48 oz water 16 oz Heather's peppermint-fennel tea
SFS
1 T
What I ate
Breakfast
honeycombs
original rice milk
Lunch
1/2 banana/blueberry soy smoothie
chunky organic peanutbutter & organic raspberry jelly on 12 grain bread(may be regretting the bread later)
Snack
other half of smoothie
2 ginger snaps
Dinner
chicken dog - bun - mustard
corn on the cob
cucumber salad with V&O
1 pc. of Heather's blueberry cakerecipe here

Had an attack. Most likely from the heat plus adding more veggies & fruit. 12 grain bread should have avoided. Have to keep my eye on the peanut butter.
Day 2 done!

--------------------
IBS-D

Edited by heather robin (07/28/05 12:44 PM)

#199893 - 07/27/05 09:38 AM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

30 min run @ 5.5 mph
5 min row (I kinda hate the rowing machine, I'm not going to bother with it again)
25 min bike hills @ level 7

Total: 60 minutes

58 minutes left for the week!

#200065 - 07/27/05 12:57 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

B: MOM with dates (I am done doing that- ick)
snacks and lunch: banana, luna, zucchini bread, mango, pastry twist
later lunch: fajita and rice leftovers and first prednisone
sorbet
D: orange roughy and veggies in foil packet, linguini with homemade pesto and tomatoes, 1/2 piece baguette
Cals around 1800 as usual.
Exercise: worked 4 1/2 hours and couldn't do anything else. Wanted to lift weights and garden. I am wasting this beautiful weather being sick!

Other: went to doc since my cough has worsened. He thinks I am run down and can't heal because I don't sleep well enough. I was put on 5 days of prednisone and a steroid inhaler for bedtime. I am to steam before bed too. My asthma is pretty bad right now and I have to rest things for it to heal. My hub wants me to take it really easy today and tomorrow but I don't want to! The weather is gorgeous and I have tons of gardening I have been putting off. I haven't been on my bike in 2 1/2 weeks either.
Furthermore my next huge project is to move the furniture and dust and clean carpets everywhere and clean every corner of the basement and get rid of the catty/hairy stuff. The cats can stay for now.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Edited by Little Minnie (07/27/05 05:32 PM)

#200087 - 07/27/05 01:41 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

I forgot my lunch at home I've been looking at fast food websites at nutritional info, so I can just get a grilled chicken breast only... but dang they are LOADED with sodium, even Subway...so FORGET THAT!! lol I still don't know what I'm gonna have. I might just go to the deli and ask for few slices of turkey lunch meat and buy on very small roll in the bulk bakery bin (I hate doing that cuz I have no idea of the calories or sodium)... but what is a girl to do? I can't not eat.........

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

#200104 - 07/27/05 02:52 PM
mporres

Reged: 07/27/05

Hi I am new to the site and wondering what we need to report. I would love to be a part of a daily board to report what I ate and what I did for execrises.

Please if anyone has a chance let me know. Th anks

REPORTING IN - 7/27/05 new
      #200105 - 07/27/05 02:53 PM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Okay, here we go again!!

I walked downhill to our little 'downtown' street in the afternoon, took about 20 mins. Then back UP the hill (which was brutal 'cause it is so bloody hot, I thought my heart would explode!) which took about half an hour. Then after dinner, I took my dog for a half an hour walk. I tried to calculate calories, my mom kept telling me I was doing it wrong (I used that calorie king thing, and then some other thing) so I just gave up.

Breakfast: Luna Bar = 180 calories

Snack: Orange bar = 79 calories

Lunch: Went for Greek food with a friend. Ordered the half chicken souvlaki lunch special. Ate half of it. So.. like 1/4 cup of rice, half of a small roasted potato, and half a skewer of chicken. = Approx. 350 calories

Snack: 1 apple, peeled and cored with 2 tablespoons of peanut butter = 263 calories. I reacted majorly to this, I have a hard time eating raw fruits and veggies, my throat gets really scratchy and it's hard to swallow. I will not be having this snack again.

Dinner: Other half of chicken skewer, tiny bit of rice and some pita bread = 300 calories

Snack: Handful of marshmallows (bad!) and then later Adrian brought my a little slurpee = 210 calories.

For a total of... 1382. Not really what I was aiming for, but I did feel like I ate a lot. I know I still need to have more calories, especially if I am doing exercise.
Workin' on it! Although it will be even harder now 'cause of some major dental drama today! (Will post about in LR later on).

CHeers!
--Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

#200156 - 07/27/05 05:32 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

3 oz. rice pasta with 2 tbls. oil (major gas...no more oil for me...bad, bad, bad!) w/ marinara home made and spice mix...mmm!

half glass celery/watermelon juice

about 75 oz. water so far

big piece gluten free HEALTHY (2 very small slices) pizza, no cheese...just flour with homemade marinara

2 white flesh peaches...thank you Kate!!!

Dinner still to come. Prob squash soup with CURRY again and a bit of rice pasta...maybe some more homemade juice and reminder:drink some herbal tea (keep forgetting to make myself some...I could use a bit of pampering right now!)

Tried out the new soaps I bought at the HFS yesterday this morning. Smelled so wonderful I didn't want to stop smelling the stuff The shaving cream that is. The new deoderant and glycerin soap I bought were scent-free. I get rashes and I was beginning to wonder if it might be the soap I was using...so I switched!

Bought probiotics today for the infection due to the antibiotic used to kill a different infection *sigh* Will I ever have physical peace? If not...hopefully I will soon have MENTAL peace as I began the Lamictal today after much deliberation...

Love to all *hugs*

Ruch

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

mporres new
      #200160 - 07/27/05 05:45 PM
retrograde

Reged: 04/15/04

Hi mporres - please feel free to post your reports! All you do is look for the post by ShellMarr (our fabulous moderator ) for the day you want to report on and reply to it with your report - i.e. if you wanted to report on today, you'd reply to this post and just type your report. Shell make a separate post for each day, as you can see on the main list of posts for the Fitness & Lifestyle board.

You can report whatever you like, whatever's related to your health/fitness goals. As you can see, for most people that includes reporting what they ate and/or what exercise they did. (It also helps to make some notes in your first report about what your specific goals are.)

Simple as that!

#200209 - 07/27/05 08:27 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

Was a "cavewoman" today. Adapting to no t.v./music to resonate with.
Without considering calories too deeply, here's what I consumed:

In usual hobbit habit, random order, etc. et cetera:

--2 c. applesauce
--8 lavendar infused carrots with brown sugar, orange rind (agent orange alert in the toilet, tommorrow)(attack of the Killer Bunnies at my place)
--asparagus, basil
--spinach, arugula, dill
--zucchini puree
--2 c. black raspberries (these are AMAZING; they have a strong hint of black currents. one of my favourite "raw jams.")(a lot of the time, my fruit purees end up as condiments/sauces)
--a litre of organic no-chicken stock, for sodium.
--juice of 6 lemons

All of the above was pureed. Still craving citrus. I need some Rose Water. I'm also craving pumpkin.

Kate, IBS-D.

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 52 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 7818

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review