All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
REPORTINGI IN - 7/26/05
      #199363 - 07/26/05 06:53 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Everyone post their report for what you did on 7/26 here....

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

1st time reporting in... new
      #199379 - 07/26/05 08:07 AM
heather robin

Reged: 04/22/04
Loc: S.E. Pennsylvania

to make a long story short my cholestorol is high, my weight is more than it should be, exercise is sporatic and my biggest hurdle, "how many times am I going to keep abusing my body by eating food (or too much of it) that causes an attack?" Shell's story from the newsletter has been on my mind since I read it months ago and last night I decided no more! So here I am. My plan of attack follow Heather's IBS diet, SFS, exercise, work on my food issues by reading and counseling if necessary and reporting in. I will not be counting calories, I become too obessive.

LDL=141 HDL=63 total 225
Weight 172lbs

Exercise
Richard Simmons Blast&Tone video 30 min.
2lb endurance section
5lb strenght section
Chiropractic exercises
Water amount
16 oz + 16oz + 16oz peppermint/fennel ice tea + 16oz = 64
SFS=1T plus 1 equalactin
What I ate
Breakfast
1/2 peach
toasted oatmeal squares
original rice milk
decaf tea w/sugar
Lunch
handful of grapes
turkey sandwich on bun w/ lettuce, mustard tuch of mayo and pickle
3 ginger snap cookies
Snack
1/2 peach
piece of Heather's blueberry cake
1 peppermint candy
Dinner
tuna fish with soy + earth balance spread
onion, zucchini, pineapple, corn on the cob
3 chocolate chips

Had a bit of a headache, probably lack of sugar + heat.
Made it thru the first day!

--------------------
IBS-D

Edited by heather robin (07/27/05 09:19 AM)

Welcome! new
      #199383 - 07/26/05 08:14 AM
retrograde

Reged: 04/15/04

Welcome Heather! Glad to have you with us!
Let us know if you have any questions or need any help.
Best of luck with your goals - they sound great!

Re: REPORTINGI IN - 7/26/05 new
      #199385 - 07/26/05 08:15 AM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

Hi guys...

so: 50 min doing various weight and functional training exercises
10 min run @ 5.5 mph.

I was going to run some more, but obviously I did my functional stuff correctly as I was too tired.

This leaves me with 118 minutes to go this week...

Re: 1st time reporting in... new
      #199391 - 07/26/05 08:26 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

to make a long story short my cholestorol is high, my weight is more than it should be, exercise is sporatic and my biggest hurdle, "how many times am I going to keep abusing my body by eating food (or too much of it) that causes an attack?" Been there!! Shell's story from the newsletter has been on my mind since I read it months ago and last night I decided no more! OUTSTANDING!!! You have made the 1st step....we will help you in any way we can. So here I am. My plan of attack follow Heather's IBS diet, SFS, exercise, work on my food issues by reading and counseling if necessary and reporting in. I will not be counting calories, I become too obessive. Sounds like a great plan!

LDL=141 HDL=63 total 225
Weight 172lbs

Exercise
Richard Simmons Blast&Tone video 30 min.
2lb endurance section
5lb strenght section
Chiropractic exercises

What I ate
Breakfast
1/2 peach
toasted oatmeal squares
original rice milk
decaf tea w/sugar

--------------------

Re: Good Luck, Heather! new
      #199637 - 07/26/05 05:46 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

Heather:

Welcome and good luck. I like your approach, re: getting into the motivation/drive/impulse mechanism influencing your food related behaviour. Much encouragement in tackling the problem.

Kate, IBS-D
"Then the time came, when the risk it took
To remain tight in a bud was more painful
Then the risk it took to blossom."
--Anais Nin

#199678 - 07/26/05 07:58 PM
uwponine

Reged: 03/19/05
Loc: Wisconsin

After a major IBS relapse following my colonoscopy, I'm working on cutting portions to minimal and sticking w/ very safe foods.
b-protein shake
s-1 c rice pudding
l-shake
s-1/2 c squash + 1/2 c rice
s-small banana
d-1/4 c baked potato +1/2 c veggies

approx 1300 cals
power walked ~1.5 miles outside
water-low

tomorrow will try smaller snacks. Hope this will help. Need to get more IF back so I can move anything. Will add into my shakes (IE: blueberries) so nice and blended.
Amazing how my guts are huge and even these small meals make me feel like I wanna puke from overeating.

--------------------
IBS-C with major bloat!
Gluten Free Vegan

Re: REPORTING IN - 7/26/05 new
      #199691 - 07/26/05 08:53 PM
Wind

Hehe...bowl after bowl after bowl of CHERRIES!!! (NOT!) (Maybe tomorrow?)

Indeed, I'm enjoying just eating and not giving a ---- re: calories, etc. I actually completely trust my body's wisdom.

So, this is what I consumed today without counting a calorie:

In typical hobbit habit, random order, etc. et cetera:

--2 c. applesauce
--1.5 c. white flesh peaches (puree)
--1 c. raspberries (puree)
--small bunch of carrots (2 c.) with brown sugar (puree)
--asparagus/basil (puree)
--1.5 c. beets (puree)
--rainbow chard/spinach (basil, parsley, dill) puree
--1.5 L organic veg. broth (a tetra and a half!!!) for sodium.
--2 squirts of ketchup (I had this bizarre urge to squirt something! I think it was my escaped inner child who used to eat ketchup. Or maybe my inner anorexic who used to eat ketchup soup?
--a tablespoon of poppyseeds (ooh lala--opiates!--for a quick dressing)
--4 mugs of UFO
--juice of 3.5 lemons

That's all folks. Really missing CITRUS FRUITS!!! (i.e. red grapefruit, blood oranges, valencia oranges) Also, craving turnips--so yummy with a roasted peach puree sauce/topping or with carrots/brown sugar.
Highlight of the day: saying down with GAD and treating myself an eyebrow wax at the Salon. Look less like a "Gorilla in the Mist!"

Kate, IBS-D.

Edited by Wind (07/26/05 08:59 PM)

Re: Good Luck, Heather! new
      #199703 - 07/26/05 10:21 PM
retrograde

Well you know that I already really like you Kate, but now you're REALLY on my good list since you just quoted Anais Nin - absolutely one of my FAVOURITE authors

Question about puree and my report new
      #199762 - 07/27/05 06:35 AM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

Kate: When you puree something, does it come out the texture of baby food or of juice? And how do you get it that texture? I think I add too much liquid and end up with a juice instead of a puree

Yay no more garilla bushies...though I'm sure you're exaggerating

Had about 90 oz. of water or more (treated myself to bottled WATER instead of buying the cookies or dairy I craved!) ahhhhh water, YUM!

.5 rice cake

1 banana

.5 can sardines (no salt added)

3 oz. rice pasta...one oz. with tom. puree and some flax oil the rest with Imagine Soups butternut squash. I added some curry powder to the soup...SO GOOD! I've not used Curry Powder before...if you've never tried I say go for it. Oh...about 1.5 cups of the soup if that.

Egg white omlette with onions, tom sauce, and garlic powder.

Incidentally...I got SALT DEPLETED last night! I don't get any salt in my food hardly...and I drank TONS of water AND had that banana without ANY salt! I got dizzy, naseous, headache and I couldn't PEE ...had some salt in the soup with dinner and I began to feel okay again. I think it's because I don't eat processed food and even the rice cakes I eat don't have added salt...and I red fibromites need more salt.

I'm done ramling

P.S. I FORGOT! I also had a glass of YUMMY carrot juice! BUT it was too much sugar and it made my heart race!! I have a yeast infection from the cipro, an antibiotic, so I will try to make it to the store (having MAJOR ANXIETY TODAY, Wed.) and get probiotics. Lower than normal sugar diet for this gal till it clears up

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Kate and Laurel.. new
      #199764 - 07/27/05 06:41 AM
Snow for Sarala

Give me all the reasons you've got why I should read Anais Nin!!!

I know very little of the author so you are convincing from scratch...

Convince away

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

#199872 - 07/27/05 09:13 AM
Shell Marr

OK... here is my reporting in......
My BMR = 2083 + I burned 1081 calories (60 minutes Power Scuplt Class - Taught by MY Personal Trainer Heather....hehehe followed by 30 minutes on the Elliptical) - 730 less calories to get to my goal = 2434 calorie food budget.

POWER SCULPT Class designed to utilize Group X equipment for resistance training. Band, weights and tubing will be used to sculpt and define.

Pre-Breakfast (starting at 6am instead of 8:30-9am) : 170 calories Toasted Nutz N Cranberry Luna Bar & Water

Breakfast: 170 calories Toasted Nutz N Cranberry Luna Bar & Water

Snack: 50 calories ˝ c Unsweetened Applesauce & Water

Snack: 170 calories Toasted Nutz N Cranberry Luna Bar & Water

Lunch (around 2:30pm is a normal time for me): 355 calories 6oz Tuna w/Light Mayo, 1 oz Pretzels, ˝ c Unsweetened Applesauce & Water

Before Gym: 210 calories Soytein Energy Drink (Chocolate w/Vanilla Silk Soy Milk) & Water

At The Gym: 11 calories 3 Altoids

Dinner (between 8-8:30pm, after the gym): 450 calories 10" Flour Tortilla w/3oz Chicken Breast, 1 cup Basmati Rice, 4 Tablespoons Fresh Pico de Gallo Salsa & Water

Fiber Pills: 2.25 calories total

Total Water intake (goal 128oz) = 96 oz

Total of 1588.25 .....LOW…still in my food budget

--------------------

Re: Answer re: puree texture/consistency new
      #199877 - 07/27/05 09:18 AM
Wind

Indeed, my arches are back--now I can do my feline Vulcan catty posing (hehe).

Here's the answer: My purees are THICK. I don't even add water half the time and if I do, it's only a tablespoon or two. You can eat this stuff with a fork and a spoon literally stands up in it. You can spread it like cream cheese or frosting--no joke. (Ha--spinach frosting!!!) Most of the time it even retains it's shape when I take it out of the fridge and tip it on the plate. I must add, though, that the degree of water or level of pectin in the veggie/fruit also is a factor in it's thickness/viscosity (without being gross, it comes out the other end that way, too). If I puree some papaya or strawberries and put them in a tupperware in the back of the fridge the strawberries turn jam-like and the papaya looks like a creamy waxen hockey puck. Also, the degree of starch in the veggie is a factor in its density. To compare it to something like yogurt (gelatin free) my purees are generally firmer and thicker. Hmmm...it's like GOO or even kind of like raw cookie dough.

Re: your report
Congratulations for treating yourself royally at the HFS.
I have to get my sodium/potassium/chloride levels checked weekly, so I know intimately re: how sick over hydration can make you feel. SO TAKE EVERYTHING WITH A GRAIN OF SALT. It's vital to your well being.

I too use virtually nothing processed. It's funny, my M.D.'s secretary called and told me to "TAKE SALT," so I've been drinking organic msg-free veg. stock/no-chicken broth with meals vs. water. I hope this makes a difference. Plus I've been salting my food to taste. (She told me to eat some potatoe chips and I told her to go to****! There's more sodium in the stock/broth. There's more sodium in a mug of broth than Gatorade-crap.) Besides, potatoe chips/pretzels aren't salty enough for my taste buds. I go to a Thai restaurant and add salt to the already salty broth. (Soy sauce is a huge allergen/trigger) Heck, rice crackers aren't even salty enough for me.

If you're not thirsty, I guess you shouldn't drink? Just be careful you don't wash yourself out.

Katie, IBS-D.

Thanks for words of encouragement -nt- new
      #199879 - 07/27/05 09:21 AM
heather robin

Reged: 04/22/04
Loc: S.E. Pennsylvania

--------------------
IBS-D

Salt help...thanks Kate! new
      #199880 - 07/27/05 09:24 AM
Snow for Sarala

Thanks Kate *hugs*

I am haing GF pizza for b/f right now...and I added some garlic salt to it. I agree...NO CHIPS! But I'm afraid sipping veggie broth isn't my thing. Hmmm...I have to think of SOMETHING! i gotta make sure I get enough salt AND drink my water throughout the day instead of gulping it down in 3 hours

I can add salt to my Imagine Soups. And to my egg whites. I guess I could add it to my juices?

Thanks again!!!

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

#199897 - 07/27/05 09:39 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Hi guys...

so: 50 min doing various weight and functional training exercises
10 min run @ 5.5 mph.

I was going to run some more, but obviously I did my functional stuff correctly as I was too tired.

This leaves me with 118 minutes to go this week...

WWOOOHHOOO.... you go girl!!

--------------------

#199901 - 07/27/05 09:41 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

After a major IBS relapse following my colonoscopy, I'm working on cutting portions to minimal and sticking w/ very safe foods. great!
b-protein shake
s-1 c rice pudding
l-shake
s-1/2 c squash + 1/2 c rice
s-small banana
d-1/4 c baked potato +1/2 c veggies

approx 1300 cals
power walked ~1.5 miles outside
water-low

tomorrow will try smaller snacks. Hope this will help. Need to get more IF back so I can move anything. Will add into my shakes (IE: blueberries) so nice and blended. good iead
Amazing how my guts are huge and even these small meals make me feel like I wanna puke from overeating. hope you recover soon sweetie!

--------------------

Re: REPORTING IN - 7/26/05 new
      #199907 - 07/27/05 09:44 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Hehe...bowl after bowl after bowl of CHERRIES!!! (NOT!) (Maybe tomorrow?) LOL

Indeed, I'm enjoying just eating and not giving a ---- re: calories, etc. I actually completely trust my body's wisdom.

So, this is what I consumed today without counting a calorie:

In typical hobbit habit, random order, etc. et cetera:

--2 c. applesauce
--1.5 c. white flesh peaches (puree)
--1 c. raspberries (puree)
--small bunch of carrots (2 c.) with brown sugar (puree)
--asparagus/basil (puree)
--1.5 c. beets (puree)
--rainbow chard/spinach (basil, parsley, dill) puree thanks for listing the items for me...hehehehe
--1.5 L organic veg. broth (a tetra and a half!!!) for sodium.
--2 squirts of ketchup (I had this bizarre urge to squirt something! I think it was my escaped inner child who used to eat ketchup. Or maybe my inner anorexic who used to eat ketchup soup? OMG... you have me laughing so hard here!!!
--a tablespoon of poppyseeds (ooh lala--opiates!--for a quick dressing) lol
--4 mugs of UFO
--juice of 3.5 lemons

That's all folks. Really missing CITRUS FRUITS!!! (i.e. red grapefruit, blood oranges, valencia oranges) Also, craving turnips--so yummy with a roasted peach puree sauce/topping or with carrots/brown sugar.
Highlight of the day: saying down with GAD and treating myself an eyebrow wax at the Salon. Look less like a "Gorilla in the Mist!" LOL Too funny...reminds me I need to make an appointment for Sat!

Kate, IBS-D.

--------------------

Re: Question about puree and my report new
      #199910 - 07/27/05 09:47 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Kate: When you puree something, does it come out the texture of baby food or of juice? And how do you get it that texture? I think I add too much liquid and end up with a juice instead of a puree

Yay no more garilla bushies...though I'm sure you're exaggerating

Had about 90 oz. of water or more (treated myself to bottled WATER instead of buying the cookies or dairy I craved!) ahhhhh water, YUM! good girl

.5 rice cake

1 banana

.5 can sardines (no salt added)

3 oz. rice pasta...one oz. with tom. puree and some flax oil the rest with Imagine Soups butternut squash. I added some curry powder to the soup...SO GOOD! I've not used Curry Powder before...if you've never tried I say go for it. Oh...about 1.5 cups of the soup if that. I love curry!! yum!!

Egg white omlette with onions, tom sauce, and garlic powder.

Incidentally...I got SALT DEPLETED last night! I don't get any salt in my food hardly...and I drank TONS of water AND had that banana without ANY salt! I got dizzy, naseous, headache and I couldn't PEE ...had some salt in the soup with dinner and I began to feel okay again. I think it's because I don't eat processed food and even the rice cakes I eat don't have added salt...and I red fibromites need more salt.

I'm done ramling

--------------------

#199913 - 07/27/05 09:48 AM
e_mcmaster

Reged: 01/16/05
Loc: Norman, Oklahoma

applesauce with stawberry-plum puree

oat bran with soymilk

30min stairclimber, 35min lower body lift, 30min stairclimber

protein shake (1/4 cup egg white protein, 1 1/2 cups lite choc soymilk)

turkey & soy mozz in a corn tortilla with a bit of FF miracle whip, small banana

vegan morningstar farms griller on a bun, serving of carmel corn rice cakes

cliff bar at the movies

2 slices homemade ff bread

1/2 baked potato cut in wedges with ketchup, 4 egg white omelette with mixed baby greens, asparagus & celery puree swirled in, cup of steamed/pureed carrots

antidepressant brownie

Total: 1812, 22g fat (11%), 121g protein (26%)

Fruits: 4
Veggies: 5
Water: ~90oz

--------------------
Elizabeth

all those years it wasn't IBS - it was celiac!
send me an email: liz@dopple.net

Shell, I'm SO honored! new
      #199916 - 07/27/05 09:51 AM
Snow for Sarala

Thnks for responding to my post! You know, you're a REAL CELEBRITY to me...you've totaly turned your life around! And I love ya for it! You're such a SUPER gal *hugs*

I have lost about 20 lbs!!! Thanks for keeping us all going when the going gets ROUGH!

Love you,

Ruch

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Yay! Shell's back! new
      #199991 - 07/27/05 11:22 AM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

So nice to read your posts and replies!

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

#200010 - 07/27/05 11:42 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

applesauce with stawberry-plum puree yum!

oat bran with soymilk

30min stairclimber, 35min lower body lift, 30min stairclimber great!

protein shake (1/4 cup egg white protein, 1 1/2 cups lite choc soymilk)

turkey & soy mozz in a corn tortilla with a bit of FF miracle whip, small banana

vegan morningstar farms griller on a bun, serving of carmel corn rice cakes

cliff bar at the movies Oh, you have will power... I would have eaten popcorn and licorice!! LOL BIGGEST reason we just rent!!

2 slices homemade ff bread

1/2 baked potato cut in wedges with ketchup, 4 egg white omelette with mixed baby greens, asparagus & celery puree swirled in, cup of steamed/pureed carrots

antidepressant brownie

Total: 1812, 22g fat (11%), 121g protein (26%)

Fruits: 4
Veggies: 5
Water: ~90oz GOOD!!

--------------------

Re: Shell, I'm SO honored! new
      #200012 - 07/27/05 11:43 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Thnks for responding to my post! You know, you're a REAL CELEBRITY to me...you've totaly turned your life around! And I love ya for it! You're such a SUPER gal *hugs* aawww...shucks.. I'm blushin

I have lost about 20 lbs!!! RIGHT ON!! That is great... Thanks for keeping us all going when the going gets ROUGH! Hey, you guys help me too ya know!!

Love you,

Ruch

--------------------

Re: Yay! Shell's back! new
      #200013 - 07/27/05 11:44 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

So nice to read your posts and replies!

Yeppers....III''MMMM BBBBBAACCCKKK!! hehehe Thanks BETH!

--------------------

Edited by Shell Marr (07/27/05 12:41 PM)

Re: Shell/eyebrows new
      #200022 - 07/27/05 11:58 AM
Wind

It's so nice not to look like a Jim Henson creature--I was always fascinated by the eyebrows of the Sesame Street muppets. When you look like Bert or Ernie, something's definitely begging for help. It took the individual half an hour!!! Do you get ONE EYEBROW syndrome?

Kate, IBS-D.

Re: Shell/eyebrows new
      #200024 - 07/27/05 12:01 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

It's so nice not to look like a Jim Henson creature--I was always fascinated by the eyebrows of the Sesame Street muppets. When you look like Bert or Ernie, something's definitely begging for help. LOL It took the individual half an hour!!! Do you get ONE EYEBROW syndrome? Oh yes.... I call it the "Unibrow"

Kate, IBS-D.

--------------------

BL? new
      #200042 - 07/27/05 12:24 PM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

No, it's Beth! Remember me?

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Edited by Augie (07/27/05 12:25 PM)

Re: BL? Sorry... I meant BETH!! new
      #200055 - 07/27/05 12:46 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

No, it's Beth! Remember me?

For heavens sakes...yes, I remember you silly.... I was just having a brain fart... so many names and it makes it harder when the username is not the same as the name... it also makes it easier when I can SEE the face with the name...hehehe I have so much going on right now...I tried to comment really fast...and see, it gets me in trouble!! LOL Sorry again...

--------------------

#200060 - 07/27/05 12:51 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

Ok trying to remember what I ate...
B: MOM of course
snacks and lunch: luna, pretzels, mango, zucchini bread, carrots and a small PB&J
sorbet I am sure
D: small bit of rice and a small fajita
later: 1 1/2 pastry twists
Exercise: worked 8 1/2 hours in beautiful weather!
Other: ok with liquid. It is harder to drink when it is so cool and nice out. My cold is getting worse and I had lots of Ricola cough drops.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

#200084 - 07/27/05 01:38 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Ok trying to remember what I ate...
B: MOM of course
snacks and lunch: luna, pretzels, mango, zucchini bread, carrots and a small PB&J
sorbet I am sure
D: small bit of rice and a small fajita
later: 1 1/2 pastry twists
Exercise: worked 8 1/2 hours in beautiful weather!
Other: ok with liquid. It is harder to drink when it is so cool and nice out. My cold is getting worse and I had lots of Ricola cough drops. how you feel better soon...

--------------------

its harder to mix people up when you have their faces in your mind! I've had the same problem -nt- new
      #200208 - 07/27/05 08:26 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Loc: Maryland

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 59 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 15380

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review