All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)
REPORTING IN - 7/25/05
      #199030 - 07/25/05 10:00 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Everyone post their report for what you did on 7/25 here....

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: REPORTING IN - 7/25/05 new
      #199081 - 07/25/05 11:13 AM
Shell Marr

OK... I'm going to try really hard to be back on the reporting in wagon as of today.... !!

--------------------

#199291 - 07/25/05 06:53 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

B: MOM as usual
snacks and lunch: 2 ripe bananas, 2 muffins, zucchini bread, carrots and pretzels
D: chicken chipotle fajitas and rice a couple pieces of mango
Liquid: my sore throat is helping me drink lots. (I have had a sore throat of sorts for 15 days now )
Exercise: worked 6 1/2 hours and that is all.
I don't feel like adding up my cals. I am sure it is about right. I think I never guess perfectly anyway and so it doesn't matter.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

#199304 - 07/25/05 07:28 PM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

So according to my personal trainer, the most recent research says that 200 minutes is the most effective amount of time to exercise each week (cardio) for fat burning. So that's my new target number. To that end:

today I totaled 72 minutes.

10 min run @ 5.5 mph
10 min run @ 6 mph (incline 1)
2 min cool down walk
30 min bike hills @ level 7
20 min elliptical @ level 10

Leaving me with 128 minutes to go this week.

Re: Little Minnie/sore throat new
      #199306 - 07/25/05 07:33 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

Fifteen days? That's insane--you poor woman. Keep drinking those fluids. I hope this bug leaves you soon!

Kate, IBS-D.

#199335 - 07/26/05 03:05 AM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

Still on hiatus from personal nutritional hyper-ANALysis--it's an OCD/GAD habit I've acquired over the years and I JUST CANNOT SHAKE IT. However, I do it just to do it/remain AWARE, not for any other purpose other than to chart trends! Also, taking a vacation/hiatus from a/v stimulation, i.e. 24 hour t.v./music--my "significant" other and relearning how to be comfortable in SILENCE. Had to extinguish the sound after the MSG attack last week.

So, nourishing myself intuitively/instinctive, without rules, honouring my body, and as desired for the sole purpose of feeling good and energized, here's what I consumed:

In typical hobbit habit, random order, etc. et cetera:

--2 c. blueberries
--spinach/watercress/parsley/dill puree with
--zucchini/chive/lavender/camomile puree (2 servings--often, I like veggies for snacks if craving something to put salt on)
--Juice of 4 lemons
--3 carrots with brown sugar with
--rainbow chard! puree
--60 cherries (they are so addictive: slept better, too from all that MELATONIN!)
--1/2 pot UFO
--2 cans unreconstituted organic veg. broth (If I've been washing myself out with too much H2O, it tastes perfect straight out of the can and cold/room temp. Plus had my standing sodium/potassium/chloride bloodwork, so I thought I'd better do a can prior to visiting the vampire's/lab)

Reflection? Felt great. Hyper as always. Hit Chapters, but couldn't think of what to buy. Hardly spent 10 minutes cooking, too.

Kate, IBS-D.

#199398 - 07/26/05 08:40 AM
Shell Marr

OK... here is my reporting in......
My BMR = 2083 + I burned 1011 calories (45 minutes on the Elliptical, 30 minutes Abs) - 730 less calories to get to my goal = 2364 calorie food budget.

Pre-Breakfast (starting at 6am instead of 8:30-9am) : 170 calories Toasted Nutz N Cranberry Luna Bar & Water

Breakfast: 170 calories Toasted Nutz N Cranberry Luna Bar & Water

Snack: 154 calories handfull of sesame sticks (not really a good thing as these are fried and high in sodium) & Water

Snack: 170 calories Toasted Nutz N Cranberry Luna Bar & Water

Lunch (around 2:30pm is a normal time for me): 305 calories 6oz Tuna w/Light Mayo, 1 oz Pretzels & Water

Before Gym: 210 calories Soytein Energy Drink (Chocolate w/Vanilla Silk Soy Milk) & Water

At the Gym: 7 calories 2 Altoids

Dinner (between 8-8:30pm, after the gym): 613 calories 10" Flour Tortilla w/3oz Chicken Breast, 1-1/2 cup Boil in bag rice (this was the high calorie item, I usually use basmati and only 3/4 cup, the bag did not look like it had THAT much in there... but it was late and this saved me 15 mins, but the payoff was more caloires ), 2 Tablespoons Salsa, 1 Tablespoon Avocado & Water

Fiber Pills: 2.25 calories total

Total Water intake (goal 128oz) = 96 oz

Total of 1801.25 .....still in my food budget

--------------------

#199435 - 07/26/05 10:06 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

B: MOM as usual
snacks and lunch: 2 ripe bananas, 2 muffins, zucchini bread, carrots and pretzels
D: chicken chipotle fajitas and rice a couple pieces of mango
Liquid: my sore throat is helping me drink lots. (I have had a sore throat of sorts for 15 days now ) sorry to hear that
Exercise: worked 6 1/2 hours and that is all.
I don't feel like adding up my cals. I am sure it is about right. I think I never guess perfectly anyway and so it doesn't matter. lol

--------------------

#199445 - 07/26/05 10:21 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

So according to my personal trainer, the most recent research says that 200 minutes is the most effective amount of time to exercise each week (cardio) for fat burning. So that's my new target number. To that end:

today I totaled 72 minutes.

10 min run @ 5.5 mph
10 min run @ 6 mph (incline 1)
2 min cool down walk
30 min bike hills @ level 7
20 min elliptical @ level 10

Leaving me with 128 minutes to go this week.

OUTSTANDING!! I'm gonna add up what my trainer has me doing and see if we are about the same... just a sec,... i'll be right back! Ok. I'm back..... 235 minutes per week is what she has me on... pretty darn close!! Maybe I should do more because of my higher weight?

--------------------

#199447 - 07/26/05 10:25 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Still on hiatus from personal nutritional hyper-ANALysis--it's an OCD/GAD habit I've acquired over the years and I JUST CANNOT SHAKE IT. However, I do it just to do it/remain AWARE, not for any other purpose other than to chart trends! Also, taking a vacation/hiatus from a/v stimulation, i.e. 24 hour t.v./music--my "significant" other and relearning how to be comfortable in SILENCE. Had to extinguish the sound after the MSG attack last week.

So, nourishing myself intuitively/instinctive, without rules, honouring my body, and as desired for the sole purpose of feeling good and energized, here's what I consumed: I love it! You should be a writter!

In typical hobbit habit, random order, etc. et cetera:

--2 c. blueberries
--spinach/watercress/parsley/dill puree with
--zucchini/chive/lavender/camomile puree (2 servings--often, I like veggies for snacks if craving something to put salt on) interesting combo
--Juice of 4 lemons
--3 carrots with brown sugar with
--rainbow chard! puree what is this? fish?
--60 cherries (they are so addictive: slept better, too from all that MELATONIN!) Oh, do you have major "D" from those today (7/26)??
--1/2 pot UFO
--2 cans unreconstituted organic veg. broth (If I've been washing myself out with too much H2O, it tastes perfect straight out of the can and cold/room temp. Plus had my standing sodium/potassium/chloride bloodwork, so I thought I'd better do a can prior to visiting the vampire's/lab) lol

Reflection? Felt great. Hyper as always. Hit Chapters, but couldn't think of what to buy. Hardly spent 10 minutes cooking, too.

Kate, IBS-D.

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 18 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5285

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review