All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
Re: mostly vegan evilsugar advice new
      #197272 - 07/19/05 10:42 AM
funDiva Christy

Reged: 07/09/05
Loc: Fabulous Las Vegas Nevada

oh yes Ruchie I found and bookmarked the post on Wind/Kates recipes KateWind Recipes

I think I am either D or A, before calming myself I would have horrible D then maybe go a couple days with nothing then D again, so I had pain inbetween but don't know what C really felt like. GI appt not til August.

I eat no dairy, eggs, oil, and gave up on beans & soy just to have tummy relief. Had stopped fish, but recently tried albacore tuna again and can't imagine not EVER having salmon even though its been a few months

used to do nuts, but stopped after I saw they were trigger, but have no prob with organic peanut butter

I have a vitamix (and surprised more people here don't) so purees would be good. I love soup but somehow the vitamix cookbook gives me odd results and theres too many omissions/substitutions for me

golly how I miss pizza! I saw the gluten free dough mix, & had tomato soup last week so sauce is prob OK. Do ya skip cheese or use a substitute? Mostly I had avoided those cuz they're soy and so processed but would love to try pizza again. We used to get Little Caesars weekly & in fact my hubby is getting it tonite and asked if I could have it again boohoo would they do cheeseless?! I think crust, sauce and tons of mushrooms would make me happy for now!

can ya tell I'm drooling some more!
fd

--------------------
There's a word for people who think everyone is conspiring against them. I know, perceptive.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: mostly vegan evilsugar advice new
      #197278 - 07/19/05 10:49 AM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

Imagine Soups are organic, vegan, and DELICIOUS! So if you want to give em' a try I say go for it! Or make your own with some boiled veggies. Boil them, puree, and add some sea salt and whatever herbs/spices you fancy!

I use, believe it or not...SPAGHETTI SQUASH as my cheese sub for the pizza. Can't go NEAR real cheese or I get sick and high (don't laugh...too hard! I really do get high on dairy!) I boil the squash for about 20 mins then submerge immediately in cold water. Then you just add it as a topping for the pizza on top of the tom. sauce. Caution: The GF pizza dough is too much for one pizza.....I had a MAJOR deep dish one the 1st time I made it cause I didn't realize (at least this is hoe the GF pantry one was. On the Arrowhead mills box it says it makes two pizzas...haven't tried it yet though).

Which vitamix do you have? Is it GF? Most of them have barley...

Mmmmm...now I'm aching for some pizza....

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

ramen noodles new
      #197286 - 07/19/05 10:59 AM
retrograde

Reged: 04/15/04

are deep-fried before they are dehydrated (or whatever it is they do to them that makes them crunchy ), so they are pretty high in fat, and I wouldn't consider them an IBS-safe food personally, for me anyway. That's without the sauce, too.

I don't know about where you live but I can buy big packages of rice noodles for just as cheap as ramen! Way healthier and just as easy!

As for your original question, others have given you great advice here. Heather doesn't really advise on eating white sugar, it's just that it's safe to do it if you want to. It's not like you need sugar to get stabilized. I find that if I don't watch myself I can eat lots of candy and such though because so many other 'treats' are out on this diet. But mostly I'm sugar-free. And you don't need to eat white flour - there are lots of other SF foods that are not refined. Glad to hear you're ok with brown rice - lucky you! Try some other whole grains, like quinoa, polenta, millet, buckwheat... plus there's potatoes and sweet potatoes, etc.

Re: ramen noodles new
      #197288 - 07/19/05 11:02 AM
Snow for Sarala

Laurel, you just reminded me: If you want a sweetner, you can use Stevia! It's IBS safe and healthy too....

Where do you buy Rice noodles so cheap Laurel? I'm all ears.... :-)

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Re: ramen noodles new
      #197365 - 07/19/05 01:30 PM
funDiva Christy

I'm in Las Vegas so I'll have to check out the asian markets for cheap rice noodles, bummer. All I've seen at HFS in brown rice noodles are $1.50 per package compared to 10 cents for the bad ramen

thanks for the heads up

--------------------
There's a word for people who think everyone is conspiring against them. I know, perceptive.

my vitamix is GF - but high in polycarbonate! new
      #197371 - 07/19/05 01:36 PM
funDiva Christy

Ruchie this is toooo funny

here's my vitamix

and I'm getting spaghetti squash & pizza crust mix for tonite!

Is there any reason to eat GF or avoid wheat if you don't have problems with it? I had avoided wheat & gluten for past 2 months til the ramen incident

--------------------

funDiva Christy you've got mail! -nt- new
      #197382 - 07/19/05 01:50 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

ROTFL..I thought it was a VITAMIN! n-t new
      #197407 - 07/19/05 02:26 PM
Snow for Sarala

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

gluten new
      #197408 - 07/19/05 02:29 PM
Snow for Sarala

I get REALLY sick when I eat gluten. I do NOT have celiac as far as the docs can tell...but I am intolerant to it. It gives me a tummy ache, makes me depressed, sinus probs, migraines, etc. It's AWFUL for me....

If you feel better on Heather's diet WITH gluten containing foods...I wouldn't worry about it. BUT if you stick to her diet and don't get better...you might want to look into the gluten issue...

HTH!

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Re: potatoe flakes/starch new
      #197467 - 07/19/05 06:11 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

I use these sometimes to make a dish more soluable, or even as an adhesive/binder or thickener. I prefer arrowroot flour to cornstarch. It's more tummy friendly.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 41 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 16053

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review