All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
REPORTING IN - 7/18/05
      #196646 - 07/17/05 08:42 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Everyone post their report for what you did on 7/18 here....

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

REPORTING IN - 7/18/05 new
      #196913 - 07/18/05 03:25 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Ok, nobody beat me because I haven't been reporting in... I have a semi-decent excuse, which I'll get into in a minute.

B: oatmeal w/ blueberries & soy milk, cup of Cafix with nondairy creamer

S: blueberry muffin

L: cup of homemade vegetable-rice soup, small turkey sandwich on sourdough

S: 4 tea biscuits, 2 glasses sweetened iced tea

D will be: angel hair pasta w/ a tiny bit of tomato sauce, soy parmesan & 2 turkey meatballs (I made them pretty big), and probably a slice of Italian bread w/ lite margarine

S will be: pineapple jello w/ lite cool whip

A week ago tonight, a friend of mine died in a bike accident. He was 41. I could go on all about him, but in short, he was an amazing guy who really lived his life out loud. I have a lot of regrets about the friendship - basically, I felt stupid about something and kind of let him drift away, and when he got around to trying to get back in touch, I didn't know what to say to him. That was only a week before he died. If I'd known then... *sigh*

But anyway, the point is that my diet went straight out the window. It's not that I can't do it, it's that I didn't want to. If I were to die tomorrow, I would much rather have savored that strawberry shortcake I had for dessert, instead of fussing over what it's doing to my hips or waistline.

But I HAVE been eating kind of unhealthily, so I'm just going to watch that. Heck with counting calories - I get obsessed, and I can't even go there. I may report in, I may not. Anyway, that's why I've been scarce.

Hope everyone's doing well and meeting their personal goals!

Re: Casey new
      #196920 - 07/18/05 03:50 PM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your friend. He was so young! I lost my grandfather only a few weeks ago and, even though it wasn't a surprise and we had a good relationship, I still feel as though I could have done more or been a better granddaughter. So, I think feeling any sort of regret when someone you know passes away is normal.

This is sort of silly, but when I was a kid I always tried to have dessert first. My argument was that I could die before dinner. Sometimes, with the anxiety and IBS, it can be difficult to enjoy the "now." But what I love about these boards and people like you is that I'm reminded about the good things in life (like dessert!) and learning how to manage these "functional disorders."

I hope you have an excellent week. It's good to see an update from you.

Re: REPORTING IN - 7/18/05 new
      #197003 - 07/18/05 07:35 PM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

Ok:

I've been having problems running lately. I take off, doing fine, singing (silently) along with my iPod, and then one mile in I start to feel REALLY horrible. So I had to quit running and get on the bike. It seems easier on my stomach.

10 min run @ 6 mph- 1% incline
30 min bike- hill @ level 7
20 min elliptical @ level 10

#197005 - 07/18/05 07:37 PM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

pre-breakfast: Luna Bar

breakfast: oatmeal, toast, 1/2 UFO

lunch: chicken dog (no bun), macaroni salad, lemon sorbet on a sugar cone

snack: Luna Bar

dinner: 1/2 PB sandwich, chips, peach puree

Okay, would love the recipe new
      #197010 - 07/18/05 07:42 PM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

for your veggie soup...and also the potato salad you eat! Yummy in my tummy...and the soup is IF source, which I need.

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Maria, your so sweet!-nt new
      #197012 - 07/18/05 07:44 PM
Augie

--------------------
~ Beth

#197031 - 07/18/05 08:38 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

I feel a lot better post-funeral rituals. I'm reminding myself to graze/snack. My food is fun and colourful. I omitted the beans and FEEL SO MUCH BETTER! NO PAIN/spasms/discomfort! NO HEADACHES, either or nausea. I have a huge hunch that those green beans aren't good for me but I'll test it. I just cannot handle the legume family.
I'll see if my nightmares disappear.

In usual hobbit habit, random order, throughout the day:

--1 c. fresh apricots
--1 dwarf cavendish banana
--40 bing cherries
--spinach/zucchini/sweet basil and dill puree (cooked salad)
--spinach puree with 1.5 c. beets and herbs/poppyseeds/grainy dijon mustard (oooh! OPIATES!!! Give me a Urine test now!)***note to self: must purchase caraway seeds***
--2 carrots (steeped/steamed with lavendar and rosemary) pureed and topped with 2 tsp. honey
--1 c. raspberries
--1 c. peaches
--1 Jolly Rancher (hehe! guess which flavour!)

I think that's about all for now. If I have anything else it will be a few Jolly Ranchers.

Kate.

Vegetable soup for Beth new
      #197054 - 07/18/05 10:59 PM
atomic rose

It's pretty simple, really. I just grab what I have and throw it in the crockpot. Today's soup was 1/2 can corn, a bunch of diced carrots, a little celery, a tomato, 1/2 cup or so of frozen peas, 1/2 of an onion diced, and a couple handfuls of jasmine rice. I cooked that all up in 4 or 5 cups of chicken broth, and seasoned it up... I don't even remember what I threw in for herbs and spices, but I know there was some cayenne in there, because I'm a masochist.

The potato salad is a real recipe, so I'll go ahead and post that on the recipe board!

Maria, thank you! new
      #197055 - 07/18/05 11:02 PM
atomic rose

You're so sweet. I'm sorry for the loss of your grandfather... and I think you're right, no matter how the relationship went, those feelings of regret and loss are going to be there regardless, it's human nature.

I don't think eating dessert first is silly at all. It's important to savor the good things in life, even (and especially!) the small things. It's easy to lose track of that sometimes.

Big hugs to you, and I hope you have a wonderful week too!

sour apple, Kate? new
      #197290 - 07/19/05 11:08 AM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

6 jars babyfood with pumpkin seeds throughout day

2 or 3 oz. rice pasta with tom. sauce

1 rice cake with some almond butter

carrot,beet,celery,apple juice made in juicer (with one green apple on y empty tummy) for b/f

Yummers! And I had a wonderful BM this am (Tues) as a result of yesterday's nutritional gorges!

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Re: Vegetable soup for Beth new
      #197439 - 07/19/05 04:32 PM
Augie

The rice is raw, right?

Hm, corn is safe? Doesn't it come out whole at the other end? And the carrots are diced little(as well as the celery and tomato), not sliced ...and raw?

How long do you cook this for? On low or high?

Do you puree all this when it is cooked?

sorry for being such a dork, but I need cooking for idiot instructions! Maybe I'll just skip the soup as I am afraid of all the veggies except the carrots.

--------------------
~ Beth

Re: sour apple, Kate? new
      #197465 - 07/19/05 06:05 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

Isn't babyfood, especially homemade, THE BEST!!! So tummy friendly!

I'd hardly call what you're eating gorging, Ruchie. The point is do you feel satisfied? Energized?

You're turning into a regular health nut!

I'm glad you had a good bm.

Kate.

#197502 - 07/19/05 07:33 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

I don't know what happened. I thought I posted for this day but cannot see it here. That is so weird! I remember writing it.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 109 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4164

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review