#196608 - 07/17/05 05:03 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

B: sorbet
L: Scottish and steel cut oats mixed together
2L: mango. Smoothie of banana, strawberry, milk, honey
D: BBQ chicken, cornbread, soleslaw
I think I did pretty good for being sick!
Exercise: none, still sick, DH went on our Sunday bike ride alone. He was exhausted and headachy. Good news is the heat is breaking for tomorrow!
Other: I can't seem to drink enough since Friday. Mon-Th I did great with hydration and Friday I just wasn't thristy anymore. I am trying to drink as much as I can. My cold went into my lungs and I have a cough and a goop eye which is gross. I am doing quite good though and had energy for some cleaning etc.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Reporting in 7/17 new
      #196642 - 07/17/05 08:01 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

Funeral Visitation was a breeze. Popped some Lorazepam and Immodium. Doused myself with Lavender essential oil. It totally tranquillized me and I was a model of serenity and peace and support. I am I put GAD aside for an hour to personally deliver hugs and my one of a kind energy. Just tired/drained today and still feeling "bleh" from yesterday.

In usual hobbit habit, random order, and doses:

--2 c. strawberries
--2 dwarf cavendish bananas (Ode to miniatures!)
--2 white flesh nectarines, 1.25 c.(Have you tried them? THEY ARE SO SWEET!!!)
--2 c. blueberries
--zucchini
--3 carrots ( with a wee bit of brown sugar!)
--green beens/dill ( Considering omitting them; they give me nightmares)
--Spinach/watercress/arugula/dill (cooked/pureed "salad"/greens)
--3 Jolly Ranchers (Thought I needed a little CORRUPTION!)

Those green beans are giving me nightmares and I don't know why. Maybe I need to eliminate them? I eat them and then feel nauseated afterwards. Corn gives me nightmares, too. I like it, but it gives me nightmares. Years ago, I had recurring nightmares about brussels sprouts and cabbage as well. I can't go near, either.

Kate, IBS-D.

#196659 - 07/18/05 05:09 AM
e_mcmaster

Reged: 01/16/05
Loc: Norman, Oklahoma

1/2 cup oat bran made with 1 1/4 cups lite soymilk, fresh blueberry puree and a bit of brown sugar

couple pieces ff bread, zucchini-carrot muffin

egg salad - some managed to stay on the bread, the rest I ate off the plate

30min eliptical, 40min rushed lower body lift, 15min stair climber

Chicken Chow Mein (with added UFO veggies), 2 pieces ff bread, ant. brownie (really blew the 250 cal meal there! )

1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce mixed with strawberry-nectarine puree and peach puree

1/3 cup oat bran made with 1 cup lite soymilk, cinnamon, brown sugar & pumpkin pie spice (bedtime snack!)

Total: 2000

Fruits: 4
Veggies: 2

Really fell off the wagon on the veggies today, but tomorrow is a new day. I'm struggling with the concept of maybe needing to eat more calories or eat less, like today. Hmm... will consult trainer.

--------------------
Elizabeth

all those years it wasn't IBS - it was celiac!
send me an email: liz@dopple.net

Hi again--more questions! new
      #196802 - 07/18/05 11:32 AM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

What is ff bread? Fat free white bread?

And do you have a recipe for a safe egg salad sandwhich?

Your fruits and veggie amounts always seem good to me. What is your goal? I do 2 fruits and 2 veggies a day.

Elizabeth, does all the bread make you more constipated? What is your current regiment to deal with your C? It sounds like you have made great strides with it!

Tons of rice/bread stops me up!

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Re: Hi again--more questions! new
      #196845 - 07/18/05 01:12 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

Hehe! Just a quick Q. re: your carrot puree with brown sugar. It sounds so yummy. How much carrot/brown sugar?

Thanks!
Kate.

P.S. Something I do often, as a greens puree condiment is make a dressing with fruit puree and a little vinegar--usually rice vinegar or seasoned rice vinegar (sherry, balsalmic, champagne, herbed vinegars and fruit vinegars are wicked too!) If it's plain rice vinegar, I'll add a tad of honey or stevia or brown sugar. It's great with berries or peaches/nectarines, mango, banana, etc. It's also a great coniment for other veggies. The bitter combined with the sweet is fantastic.

Elizabeth how can veggies be UFO?-nt new
      #196898 - 07/18/05 02:50 PM
Little Minnie

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

#196922 - 07/18/05 03:57 PM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

I've been on vacation and to a workshop since last week and was away from home for a few days. I pretty much kept to my usual diet since I was traveling, but I did enjoy some safe and tasty Chinese food on Saturday. Lots of rice with delicious chicken and vegetables.

I was really, REALLY tired today, slept most of the day, so I didn't eat too much. It's been in the 90s and my apartment has no air conditioning. I think the heat and stuffiness probably contributed to my sluggish day.

breakfast: oatmeal, 1 slice of toast, 1 UFO

snack: Luna Bar

snack: pureed mangos (baby food), 1 slice of toast

dinner: 1/2 PB sandwich, Luna Bar

snack: 1 flour tortilla

Re: Tamara and Kate new
      #196924 - 07/18/05 03:59 PM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

I was sorry to read that you two haven't been feeling well. Ugh. Being sick in the middle of summer SUCKS! I hope you're both taking it easy and feeling better this week.

Take care!

Re: Elizabeth how can veggies be UFO?-nt new
      #196960 - 07/18/05 05:02 PM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

I'm guessing they were raw?

I eat raw veggies- nt new
      #196987 - 07/18/05 06:46 PM
Little Minnie

--------------------

Re: I eat raw veggies- nt new
      #197004 - 07/18/05 07:36 PM
chinagrl

Me too... but they aren't on the diet.

My guess is new
      #197015 - 07/18/05 07:48 PM
Augie

Brocolli, cauliflower, brussel sprouts...something real gassy! Or raw salad??

But you guys are probably right, it's probably raw carrots.
I envy your bravery to try raw veggies...now that's living on the edge, girls! I'm too scared. I'm such a chicken...but then you two are stable and me, not so much!

--------------------
~ Beth

Re: My guess is new
      #197018 - 07/18/05 07:52 PM
chinagrl

Oh, I don't think I'm stable. I just think I'm stupid.

Ha Ha! new
      #197023 - 07/18/05 08:01 PM
Augie

I never hear you complain about symptoms so I thought you must be pretty good! Guess your just not as a much a whiner as me!

Jenny, did you ever find a SFS yet? If I remember, you weren't able to tolerate them, right?

--------------------
~ Beth

Re: Ha Ha! new
      #197028 - 07/18/05 08:12 PM
chinagrl

Well, I make it a point never to whine about anything I inflict upon myself. And also, I've been diagnosed with IBS since I was 14- so 12 years. I'm pretty used to it all by now.

And it wasn't me that can't tolerate SFS. But thanks for asking.

raw veggies new
      #197501 - 07/19/05 07:30 PM
Little Minnie

that is not exactly true. Many of Heather's recipes have raw veggies in them and on her web pages she says to eat your salad after your meal. If you are stable raw veggies are not forbidden like dairy and red meat.

--------------------

Oops! Sorry Min! -nt- new
      #197518 - 07/19/05 08:08 PM
chinagrl

Re: Elizabeth how can veggies be UFO?-nt new
      #198971 - 07/24/05 01:05 PM
e_mcmaster

Reged: 01/16/05
Loc: Norman, Oklahoma

Sorry, should have addressed this. They were baby corn, waterchessnuts and bean sprouts... and they weren't really cooked, just warmed up. They didn't do good things for my tummy, so I will not be eating them again, which is why I said they were UFO.

--------------------
Elizabeth

all those years it wasn't IBS - it was celiac!
send me an email: liz@dopple.net

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 94 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 7155

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review