All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
REPORTING IN - 7/15/05
      #195848 - 07/14/05 10:31 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Everyone post their report for what you did on 7/15 here....

We are on the road at 6pm for the reunion...be back Sun night.... ya all have fun now ya here!! LOL

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: REPORTING IN - 7/15/05 new
      #196239 - 07/15/05 05:55 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

B: MOM with soy creamer 250 and 3g
snacks and lunch: luna, 4 cookies, pretzels I can't remember anything else about 600 cals and 8g or so
Sorbet 130
D: frozen/thawed homemade soup and a little bread 275? 2g
that equals 1255 but I don't know if this is accurate. I can't remember eating anything else.
Exercise: worked 4 1/2 hours in high heat/humidity.
Liquid: had a hard time drinking as much as yesterday. I don't know why I wasn't thirstier. Pee-ed less than normal.
Other: had nausea and upper tummy pain but no cramps at all. Had a very bad day! and am sick with a mild cold and bad headaches.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

#196318 - 07/15/05 10:49 PM
e_mcmaster

Reged: 01/16/05
Loc: Norman, Oklahoma

B* piece of french bread, 2 bowls of corn flakes with lite soymilk
w/o* 30min stair climber, 40min upper body, 20min run
L* 1/2 turkey & soy provolone on honey white, 1/2 cup steamed/pureed carrots with brown sugar
S* 2 pieces hot ff bread
S* other 1/2 sandwich, a bit of pureed zucchini with vegetable broth (must have done something wrong - was terrible), antidepressant brownie
S* fresh ant. brownie (made them ff this time by using only applesauce instead of the 1/2 applesauce-1/2 oil the recipe calls for... but they still taste just as good!)
D* 5 egg white omelette with mixed baby greens on a piece of honey white, 1/2 cup applesauce mixed with 1/2 cup fresh pureed peaches, zucchini-carrot muffin
S* glass of lite chocolate soymilk to mix meds with

About 2000 today, which is much more calming to my post-ED mindset of low-cal. I enjoy the days where I eat 2300, but I like having to work to get there, not having it seem like a restricting day. I think my ability to ravenously inhale 2500 calories lately has to do with 2 things: the fact that I've been eating a lot of cereal, which is like eating yummy air in terms of filling me up, and that until today, I'd been eating less bread than usual. Just a thought (or two )

Servings:

Fruit: 3
Veggies: 7
Water: about 100oz

--------------------
Elizabeth

all those years it wasn't IBS - it was celiac!
send me an email: liz@dopple.net

:( new
      #196320 - 07/15/05 10:51 PM
e_mcmaster

I'm sorry that you had a bad day, dear. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better one.

And just because I'm being nosy - what do you do for a living? You mention working outside... and I'm curious.

--------------------
Elizabeth

#196331 - 07/16/05 03:07 AM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

Slept late. Conquered clothing shopping phobia via "immersion," i.e. by "just doing it." Required suitable garment for funeral, a.s.a.p.! No time to hire someone as usual, therefore BRAVED the world. Found something totally Julia Roberts at a vintage clothing shop in less than 7 minutes! Very tired. Heat upset my equilibrium!!! Also, I appologize for "cursing" blueberries, yesterday. They are wonderful and well, I ended up getting more, today. Quite the hypocrite!

In usual hobbit, random order and THROUGHOUT THE DAY:

--2 baby bananas ( I like miniature foods)

--2 c. fresh apricots ***like custard/pudding in the food processor, and decadent warmed, especially with the addition of ginger/honey/lemon; cranberry or orange would have been nice, too***

--1 c. raspberries

--velevety zucchini (2 bowls)
--2 c. beets/dill
--spinach/dill puree
--2 c. spaghetti squash
--3 tsp. honey

***all of the above was pureed***

Elizabeth new
      #196394 - 07/16/05 10:27 AM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

your daily foods look so yummy!

Are you finding that your bloat is better with pureeing your foods?

Were you greens on your omelette cooked and pureed too?

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Re: Elizabeth new
      #196417 - 07/16/05 01:36 PM
e_mcmaster

Thank you, Beth! Yesterday wasn't the most nutrionally dense day, but it was good!

Yes, I find that my tummy is SO much happier with cooked/pureed veggies and fruit. For the omelette, I take a big bag of "spring mix" salad and steam it to death. Then I puree it with another vegetable. Last time it was steamed green beans, this week was a mixture of steamed green beans and peas. I thought the peas would taste weird, but it seems that the egg white taste and cajun spices I add cancel out any taste of the greens themselves.

Good luck to you, dear!

--------------------
Elizabeth

#196466 - 07/16/05 08:19 PM
Wind

You're amazing!
I just thought I'd let you know, that the zucchini tastes better, in my opinion, steamed in minimal water and sea salt (then drained) versus broth. I know you like SPICE/heat, etc. (I'm avoiding it currently) so give it some thunder and lightening.

When I ate egg whites, I used to love a spring mix salad (raw) with a dijon dressing or quick berry-dijon vinaigrette. Often, when I cook/puree my greens/veggies, I still dress them up as if they were raw salad. Usually the dressing is a really funky mustard with some herbs (usually provence) and a few spoons of berries and maybe a little lemon or vinegar--kind of one of those improv. splash of this, spoon of that things!). Salsa dressings are popular, too. Sometimes just seasoned rice vinegar, or a tsp. of honey/mustard, or chutney/vinegar.
How's the juicer?

Kate, IBS-D.

#196481 - 07/16/05 10:46 PM
e_mcmaster

Hi Kate,

You are my vegetable hero! I have learned so much from you!

I haven't bought the juicer yet. I know, I'm being cheap, but I just don't have any expendable money right now and all of it seems to be going towards food - I spent a good $75 yesterday. The farmer's market here in Oklahoma sucks and the food is twice as expensive than at Wal-mart. Sure, it's probably fresher and better quality, but waking up early to go on Saturdays isn't exactly a priority anyway. So, when we move to Dallas, I am prepped to enjoy the fresh fruits and veggies at the GOOD markets they have there.

Thanks for the tips, by the way. They are going into my new Kate file.

--------------------
Elizabeth

#196502 - 07/17/05 04:42 AM
Wind

Put it (the juicer) on your Christmas List, perhaps?

I went to a Farmer's market in Waterloo, ON, yesterday. I love spring veggies more than mid-summer ones. Often I'll get stuff to freeze--especially berries when they're cheaper fresh than frozen and LOCAL!!! I MISS ONTARIO ASPARAGUS fiercely!!! Now, all the broccoli and cauliflower is bursting (definitely not on my menu), but there are green/yellow beans which are okay and zucchini. I think I'm buying more fruit now than veggies. I bought another flat of strawberries (to freeze) and raspberries, blueberries, cherries, fresh apricots...I just lay the berries on cookie sheets in my freezer and after a few hours bag them. They don't stick together, this way.

Looking forward to Ontario Swiss Chard!!!

I haven't been to Wal-Mart in years (due to GAD); I think prices are different in Canada versus US as well.

I know you're a high energy person who WORKS OUT alot. Do you find that the fruit/veggies safely consumed ENHANCE YOUR ENERGY?

Kate, IBS-D.

#196523 - 07/17/05 07:56 AM
e_mcmaster

Yep, the juicer is going on my wishlist. I'm hoping someone will decide to do something nice and give me a big fat check... but that's unlikely to happen.

How lucky for you that you live near a great farmer's market. I've been freezing things a lot lately, too, because I like making huge batches and then not having to do so for a while. Great tip about the cookie sheet and freezing!

Yes, I think that all the fruits and veggies have really helped my allover wellbeing. I feel healthier and generally more energetic. Working out seems to give me a lot of energy, too.

P.S. I'm sorry that you were sick yesterday. Throwing up is such an awful hardship on the body. Hope you feel better today.

--------------------
Elizabeth

thanks new
      #196604 - 07/17/05 04:53 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

I am a meter reader and summers are very tough for me.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 235 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3767

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review