All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Running a 5K today......
      #195510 - 07/14/05 07:30 AM
epa_ginger

Reged: 02/23/05
Loc: Chicago, IL

and I'm kind of nervous. I ALWAYS get nervous, and I don't know why since I'm definitely not a threat to the competition! I've run this one 2x before---once 4 years ago, and once last year. My most recent 5K time is 27:32 (terribly slow), but lately I've been doing 22:30 in practice runs, so my goal is less than 24. My husband, who is the most supportive person in the world....is running with me! I asked him to come with just so I wouldn't be alone, and he said "well, if I'm coming, I might as well run!" No practice needed for him! He's faster than me, so I'm hoping that will give me motivation.

So...I'm trying to drink lots of water and not think about it!!

--------------------

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Running a 5K today...... new
      #195514 - 07/14/05 07:38 AM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

Good luck Ginger! I wish you lived closer- I would love a running buddy. I've never braved an official race before...

#195532 - 07/14/05 07:59 AM
epa_ginger

Having a running buddy helps! I run on my own mostly now, but I started with a friend, and she motivated me a lot. And my husband goes with me on practice runs.
I HIGHLY suggest signing up for a 5k. It's fun, not much pressure, is over quickly, and really gets you excited to do more. Plus you get a free T-shirt!!!

--------------------

#195542 - 07/14/05 08:08 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

WWWWWWOOOOOOHHHHHHOOOOOOOO!!! YOU GO GIRL!! I love doing these.... (but I walk)...hehehe Have fun!!

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

#195667 - 07/14/05 12:48 PM
chinagrl

Well the next one I know of ends with a big margarita/mexican food fest- so I'll probably skip that one. But I will look for an upcoming one to try! I know there's one on Thansgiving day, maybe I'll do that one... and then there's the marathon in February I'm trying to get ready for...

Well, it's over..... new
      #195898 - 07/15/05 06:27 AM
epa_ginger

didn't go as well as I had hoped. I guess I forgot how awful the hills were. And they are all in the last mile!!! I felt like I was going to puke at the end, so did my husband, although he managed to kick my butt. But at least I still did better than last time by about 30 seconds, ha ha. I was so pooped afterwards. We got dinner to go, and then camped out at home. I think a) I ate too big of a lunch, and probably not a good pre-run lunch, b) the humidity killed me.
But it's done! I'm going to look for another race to run today, and my husband enjoyed it so he's going to stick with me and we'll do it together, which is nice.

--------------------

Congrats on finishing!! new
      #195902 - 07/15/05 06:31 AM
chinagrl

Sorry it didn't go as well as you wanted, but you finished and that's what matters!

Re: Well, it's over..... new
      #195999 - 07/15/05 09:16 AM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

YOU DID IT!!! Congratulations, ESPECIALLY IN THIS INSANE HEAT!

I love that you're "looking forward to another one..." It shows dedication. Keep on running and doing what you love!!!

Hey, thanks!!--nt new
      #196003 - 07/15/05 09:36 AM
epa_ginger

--------------------

Ginger and Jenny new
      #196032 - 07/15/05 11:00 AM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

Don't you gals find that running is hard on the GI system...bouncing up and down like that? My tummy is so unsettled and already flip flops on it's own!

To think I used to run 10 miles a day in high school! I can barely walk an hour now. Shame!

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Wow! new
      #196036 - 07/15/05 11:07 AM
epa_ginger

The day I run 10 miles is the day I buy myself diamond earrings because I will have earned them!

Actually, I think running can help my symptoms---gas and bloating. This is TMI but if there is built up gas in there, running kind of helps...get it out! And I don't have to worry cause I'm outside, as opposed to being in a small fitness room with 20 other people.

I actually just signed us up for something called the Ride n Tie---one person starts biking, the other starts running, and then you switch off, for a total of 10 miles. Luckily it's not until October so I have time to practice!

--------------------

Re: Well, it's over..... new
      #196150 - 07/15/05 02:31 PM
Shell Marr

Sorry you did not feel well after..... but you DID IT!! So cool hubby will do it with you.... don't feel bad...Shane kicks my butt too!!

--------------------

Re: Wow! new
      #196151 - 07/15/05 02:33 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

The day I run 10 miles is the day I buy myself diamond earrings because I will have earned them!

Actually, I think running can help my symptoms---gas and bloating. This is TMI but if there is built up gas in there, running kind of helps...get it out! And I don't have to worry cause I'm outside, as opposed to being in a small fitness room with 20 other people. TOTALLY!!

I actually just signed us up for something called the Ride n Tie---one person starts biking, the other starts running, and then you switch off, for a total of 10 miles. Luckily it's not until October so I have time to practice! That sounds fun!!

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 28 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4586

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review