All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)
Finally losing ...
      #194629 - 07/12/05 12:40 PM
AmandaPanda, J.D.

Reged: 04/26/04
Loc: New York, New York

I know it's probably due more to stress than to healthy lifestyle choices, but I am finally losing some weight, and I'm thrilled. I was stuck at 128 forever, which was high for my 5'3.5" petite frame. Doing the French woman diet, I went down to 126 on my gym's scale. That was big news since I had been working with a trainer 2x a week for months and didn't lose an ounce. Losing 2 whole pounds felt great. Then a week or so later I weighed myself on my brother's scale (I don't own one), and it said 124. I dismissed that because my brother's scale is often a little light. Now, about a month later, I weighed myself on my mom's scale when I went home for a visit, and I was definitely under 125. The lines are too thin and my eyes are too bad to see exactly where I was, but I was definitely somewhere between 120 and 125. I am so happy that my body has finally woken up and realized it doesn't have to hold on to this weight. I want to be 120 again -- I'd be thrilled!

--------------------
Amanda

I live in the Big Apple, but I don't eat the skin

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Ooh!!! new
      #194657 - 07/12/05 01:10 PM
epa_ginger

Reged: 02/23/05
Loc: Chicago, IL

Good for you!! Now that I know your stress reasons, I hope you are still eating healthy and all that! If so, then that's great news. (At least SOMETHING good, right?)

Hmm..I haven't weighed myself lately, I JUST want to lose like 4 lbs, seriously. I know, such a small number to worry about, but you understand right?? I think I need to go back and skim through that book again, my last month or so has been so busy, PLUS my digestive problems have reduced so significantly (due to change in fiber, and more water, I think), that I kind of forgot I was trying to lose weight and was more just happy about eating and feeling ok.

That's one good thing so far i got from that book---how to drink more water. I start every morning by going to the kitchen and drinking a full glass of water. And during the day I am so much more conscious of it. I don't even mind that it has no flavor. Luckily the bathroom is close since I go every 20 min.

--------------------

Re: Ooh!!! new
      #194691 - 07/12/05 01:33 PM
AmandaPanda, J.D.

I am trying to still eat healthy but I'm definitely eating a lot less than I used to. In addition to the bf drama I am having right now, I am working full time, running a moot court competition at school (so I work until 5:45 then head over to school until 10), plus my housekeeping responsibilities at home (I think I've explained that I live rent free, as caretaker of a landmark building). So, I don't eat breakfast, lunch, or dinner at home anymore. I usually grab a yogurt on the way to work (I know, not good for the IBS) or have a bagel or a piece of toast. I used to have a bagel every single day. Now I have one about every 2 weeks. It was one of the things I phased out after examining what I was eating too much of. For lunch I usually get some sort of sandwich from one of the ten million delis and cafes around here, and I only eat the whole thing if I'm truly hungry. Then when I get to school, I can't eat ANY of the food that we put out for the competition, except for crackers and pasta salad. So I usually have a tiny bit of pasta and a few crackers, then just drink a ton of water. I'm so busy that I don't even have time to sit around and be hungry. When I go home I just go right to bed, since I have to get up at 6:30 or 7 to be at work around 8:45. So yeah, I've been pretty stressed and really busy. Plus, in preparing for the competition, I pulled a few near-all-nighters at school, where I was there until after 4, went home to sleep for 3 hours, went back to work all day, then back to school to do it again. I finally got some time to relax this weekend, got a massage, pedicure, went out for lunch and then again at night, did some shopping (bought a dress from Bloomies in a 2!), and then Sunday went to my parents' to chill. Luckily SIL made key lime pie, full of yolks, so I wasn't even tempted by dessert. I had some yummy chicken sausage for dinner with lots of cooked veggies, and a square of Godiva dark chocolate with raspberry goo. Yum.
I just keep trying to hear the French lady's advice in my head about drinking more water when I feel hungry instead of eating more, and about avoiding mindless eating. I really think it's helping.
Anyway, I'm rambling and I actually have a bunch of research to do for one of the lawyers here. They actually expect me to work! Go figure!

--------------------
Amanda

#194702 - 07/12/05 01:43 PM
epa_ginger

Well, now that I'm hungry for all kinds of things like Godiva dark chocolate.......you DO have a stressful life---BF or not!! Holy smokes! I can't even begin to understand. Really the only stress I have is that which I inflict on myself in the form of obsessing over non-important things or trying to do too much at once. My job is near-stress free. I'm lucky.
Of course, that doesn't mean I don't feel I still deserve massages and pedicures. WONDERFUL things, they are. I'm holding back from scheduling for myself to save money. I just love them!
We must be nearly the same size. I have before bought skirts I didn't really love simply because they were a 2. Ha ha! And am looking for a nice dress for a wedding now, hard because a lot of the nicer dresses don't go lower than a 4, and their 4s are too big on me---especially in the boobs for some reason. Are size 4 women supposed to have size D boobs? If so---I'm abnormal. And I've even given myself free reign on price since it's a super important wedding, and I'm having a hard time finding a dress.

Well, now I'M rambling, and it's almost time for me to leave so let me go look all important and busy.

--------------------

#194706 - 07/12/05 01:49 PM
AmandaPanda, J.D.

"Are size 4 women supposed to have size D boobs?"

Haha maybe. I go between a 32D and a 34C, which is basically the same size and just depends on the manufacturer. In high school I weighed 105 and was a 32D. Haha it was kind of awkward but I sure got a lot of attention! Those were the days. Now I look a lot more normal, but I still get compliments (from women) on how I fill out a low-cut shirt. I don't really ever get tired of that. My boobs are the one part of my body I've almost always been happy with!

As for dresses, check out Betsy Johnson. She is fabulous for petite figures that aren't stick-straight. All of my favorite dresses are from her. The 3 I own are all about knee-length, but I did borrow one from a friend that was long, so if you require long for the wedding I'd check her out. Also, don't forget about alterations. If it's just the chest that is too big, you can always have it taken in.
aaaack I said I was getting back to work ...

--------------------
Amanda

#194738 - 07/12/05 02:20 PM
epa_ginger

Ok, I missed the train I was going to take so I'll reply to this instead of sitting here bored.
I will definitely check out that line of dresses. And no fair having the big boobs! I'm like a 32B!! I was a C at one time (that heavy period in grad school I mentioned), but I'm in better shape, which for me = smaller gut/smaller boobs. You're lucky! probably if I do lose that extra 4 lbs, 2 will come from my chest, I'm sure of it!

Definitely, if I find a dress I adore that only needs to be taken in, I'm going to buy it. I'm looking for something kind of form fitting---I'm trying to "grow up" in terms of dresses I buy, and get something a little more womanly. I've just been too self conscious before about it hugging my belly in a disgusting way, but I've been doing ok with that lately, so I'm looking for something slinky. I do love dresses.......

--------------------

hey COOL! new
      #194802 - 07/12/05 04:51 PM
little bear

Reged: 12/22/04
Loc: chicago

congrats panda! hehe im 5-foot 3.5-inches too!! ive been that height forever---whats the french woman diet ??

--------------------
VEGAN ASHLEY~IBS/C

www.myspace.com/dutchflowers

little bear.... new
      #194808 - 07/12/05 05:07 PM
epa_ginger

it's from the book French Women Don't Get Fat by Mirielle Guillano...Amanda read it and mentioned it, and I read it too. It's a great book, sort of common sense from a French woman who has lived in America for most of her life and understands why American women tend to gain weight. It's a really easy read, with a lot of good insight, without being preachy or unrealistic. I recommend it!

--------------------

Re: Finally losing ... new
      #194812 - 07/12/05 05:08 PM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

Hey! Congrats! Do you think French Women... would be a good read for someone who isn't trying to lose weight? It just sounds like a terrific book about enjoying life and food...

one more thing.. new
      #194813 - 07/12/05 05:09 PM
little bear

Reged: 12/22/04
Loc: chicago

hey (again!)--
a little note about the extra water...i totally agree!! ive been working from 10am-3ish..and then going to my other job from 4-945-10ish and to ensure my required amount of H20, i fill myself up one 1.5 liter bottle of water and sip it all day its very nice and i noticed i had lost weight too! places i still dont like but my number was 4 pounds less then its previous. it also does wonders for the psyllium im taking b/c it flushes it out and makes it work! glad to hear youve found a system but dont forget to breath! im in the throws right now of a semi-stressful fall-apart as ive been putting in too many all-day-work-days, as well as planning for my vacay which is now a week away. today and yesterday were the worst b/c ive been on/off emotional/crying..it sucks. anyways, a very long-detailed..good luck

--------------------
VEGAN ASHLEY~IBS/C

www.myspace.com/dutchflowers

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 80 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 6826

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review