All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
REPORTING IN - 7/12/05
      #194412 - 07/11/05 09:25 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Everyone post their report for what you did on 7/12 here....

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: REPORTING IN - 7/12/05 new
      #194836 - 07/12/05 05:36 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

I find I get a fruit attack later in the evenings. It helps catch up on calories. I think I might have to treat myself to some retro. candy just for the fun of it. Thanks to all for reminding me to revist temptation. I'm not a butcher and hardly a baker--I do make candles, though, during the holidays. Baked goods just aren't my "bag" of treats re: filling in the calories--the same with boxed goods, i.e. cereal. But hey--some days you've got to pass the sugar or suck on something sour. I think I'm going to donate all those lugubrious baking supplies that I'll never use to charity. They are so "not me," and just driving me bonkers sitting there taking up space.

In usual hobbit habit, random order, etc.

--White flesh peaches, 2 (about 1 c. each)
--creamy zucchini and watercress soup (2 bowls)***with fresh lemon***
--homemade spinach/green bean/dill baby food
--portabellini mushrooms with red chard and herb sauce
--blueberries, 1 c.

That's all for now. I'll hit the fruit, shortly. I AM SO ATTRACTED TO THOSE BIG FAT JUICY BLUEBERRIES!!! They're calling my name for when I have an opening! 'll probably stick at least half a frozen banana in there, though! Or some mango popsicles? White flesh peaches are SO SWEET. Try them if you have a chance. They're like pudding in your mouth/tummy.

It's getting better, though, each day. The drugs I take make me feel sick. I guess taking "healing poison" does that to you! I just eat my fill and eat more or something else later. I basically seem to be eating about 8 times a day.

MAYBE, I'll find an ancient Jolly Rancher in my purse. That would make my night! Note to self: HIT THE CANDY STORE before MARS ATTACKS!!! Thank you again, to all, for ressurecting my passion for candy. I'm aching for some fuzzy peaches or swedish berries or nerds.

#194853 - 07/12/05 06:11 PM
e_mcmaster

Reged: 01/16/05
Loc: Norman, Oklahoma

2 bowls of fruity pebbles with lite soymilk (I need to get these out of the house!)

turkey breast on honey white with 1/2 cup of unsw. applesauce with about 2T of pureed fresh peaches

1/2 cup plain soy yogurt with 2T fresh cooked/pureed blueberries (soooo good!), homemade carrot-zucchini muffin

another carrot-zucchini muffin, 1 cup spaghetti with tomato sauce, another bowl of fruity pebbles with lite soymilk

4 egg white omelette with 1/4 cup steamed/pureed mixed baby greens, zucchini "unfries" (1/2 large zucchini), 1/2 cup unsw. applesauce with 2T fresh (pureed) strawberries and nectarines

about half a serving of frozen homemade chocolate pudding

That puts me at about 1900 right now, so maybe an apple later. Still not feeling well from the colonoscopy & endoscopy yesterday

--------------------
Elizabeth

all those years it wasn't IBS - it was celiac!
send me an email: liz@dopple.net

#194854 - 07/12/05 06:13 PM
e_mcmaster

Reged: 01/16/05
Loc: Norman, Oklahoma

Good for you, Kate. Hit up that candy store! I'm glad to see you are eating more fruit - it is quite yummy and GOOD FOR YOU!

Oh, and thanks for the recipe for the "unfries" - I should have baked mine longer, but they were still a fun treat!

--------------------
Elizabeth

all those years it wasn't IBS - it was celiac!
send me an email: liz@dopple.net

#194888 - 07/12/05 08:06 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

B: MOM 250 and 5g
snacks/lunch: 2 banana, luna, cookies, pretzels, handful peanuts (obviously needed salt). 680 and 21g
D: leftover rice and veggies, had a teeny bit of feta and lamb in it but hardly any, a pita with walnut sauce 400 and 10g
choc sorbet and another luna bar 280 and 10g
Total 1610 and 46 26% fat! kind of high today. (of course it is all estimation)
Exercise: worked 4 1/2hours in very high humidity. Did 1 hour weights/ball exercises. I am very spent/crabby/headachy from this heat. It is a whole different ball of wax when you WORK outside. I am also major stressed about my job and getting hired by the new company. I am getting fed up with it all. If only I could find a PT job that paid over $30 an hour and didn't require any skills; then I could quit meter reading.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

#194896 - 07/12/05 08:51 PM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

pre-breakfast: Luna Bar

breakfast: oatmeal, 1 slice of toast, banana

lunch: 1/2 PB sandwich, chips, Whole Soy Co. strawberry yogurt

snack: Corn Pops

dinner: brown rice w/ zucchini and mushrooms, Luna Bar

snack: Strawberry Fields cereal (dry), 1 slice of bread

Re: Elizabeth/zucchini "unfries" new
      #194934 - 07/13/05 03:56 AM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

Try broiling them--I generally do, lately. Makes them nice and crispy.

So, FRUITY PEBBLES are your latest vice! I think I will hit that candy store!

Have a great day.
Kate.

I'm back reporting in new
      #194940 - 07/13/05 04:27 AM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

....79 days til wedding, 3 weeks til first dress fitting...its time to get back on track.

Goal: to lose 4 lbs before dress fitting and to maintain this weight til after wedding on Sept 30th.

Breakfast: Banana Bread
Lunch: Mixed Salad box (coleslaw, cabbage, potato salad) and small roll
Snack- too many tofffees
Dinner: Tuna and tomato sandwich on granary bread (not hungry after all the toffees)
Total: 1950
Activites: walking, burned 118

BMR 2305 less 118 activities plus 1950 food –500 weight loss = 27 over budget not so bad for my first day

--------------------
S.

welcome back Sinead! new
      #194959 - 07/13/05 05:33 AM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

and good luck!

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Re: welcome back Sinead! new
      #195575 - 07/14/05 08:56 AM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

Thanks LM. Falling behind on reporting already co much to do....

--------------------
S.

#195648 - 07/14/05 12:25 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

I find I get a fruit attack later in the evenings. It helps catch up on calories. I think I might have to treat myself to some retro. candy just for the fun of it. Thanks to all for reminding me to revist temptation. I'm not a butcher and hardly a baker--I do make candles, though, during the holidays. Baked goods just aren't my "bag" of treats re: filling in the calories--the same with boxed goods, i.e. cereal. But hey--some days you've got to pass the sugar or suck on something sour. I think I'm going to donate all those lugubrious baking supplies that I'll never use to charity. They are so "not me," and just driving me bonkers sitting there taking up space.

In usual hobbit habit, random order, etc.

--White flesh peaches, 2 (about 1 c. each)
--creamy zucchini and watercress soup (2 bowls)***with fresh lemon*** YUM!!
--homemade spinach/green bean/dill baby food
--portabellini mushrooms with red chard and herb sauce
--blueberries, 1 c.

That's all for now. I'll hit the fruit, shortly. I AM SO ATTRACTED TO THOSE BIG FAT JUICY BLUEBERRIES!!! I hear ya... I gave into the big fat red cherries too!! They're calling my name for when I have an opening! 'll probably stick at least half a frozen banana in there, though! Or some mango popsicles? White flesh peaches are SO SWEET. Try them if you have a chance. They're like pudding in your mouth/tummy.

It's getting better, though, each day. The drugs I take make me feel sick. I guess taking "healing poison" does that to you! I just eat my fill and eat more or something else later. I basically seem to be eating about 8 times a day.

MAYBE, I'll find an ancient Jolly Rancher in my purse. That would make my night! Note to self: HIT THE CANDY STORE before MARS ATTACKS!!! LOL your funny! Thank you again, to all, for ressurecting my passion for candy. I'm aching for some fuzzy peaches or swedish berries or nerds.

--------------------

#195649 - 07/14/05 12:28 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

2 bowls of fruity pebbles with lite soymilk (I need to get these out of the house!) Bam Bam...LOL Those sound soooo good...my trainer would kill me if I ate that sugar maybe I'll get some in the bulk bin for a "Free Day" wwooohhooo!!

turkey breast on honey white with 1/2 cup of unsw. applesauce with about 2T of pureed fresh peaches

1/2 cup plain soy yogurt with 2T fresh cooked/pureed blueberries (soooo good!), homemade carrot-zucchini muffin

another carrot-zucchini muffin, 1 cup spaghetti with tomato sauce, another bowl of fruity pebbles with lite soymilk your killin me here!!

4 egg white omelette with 1/4 cup steamed/pureed mixed baby greens, zucchini "unfries" (1/2 large zucchini), 1/2 cup unsw. applesauce with 2T fresh (pureed) strawberries and nectarines

about half a serving of frozen homemade chocolate pudding

That puts me at about 1900 right now, so maybe an apple later. Still not feeling well from the colonoscopy & endoscopy yesterday hope your feeling better now.....

--------------------

#195650 - 07/14/05 12:30 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

B: MOM 250 and 5g
snacks/lunch: 2 banana, luna, cookies, pretzels, handful peanuts (obviously needed salt). 680 and 21g
D: leftover rice and veggies, had a teeny bit of feta and lamb in it but hardly any, a pita with walnut sauce 400 and 10g
choc sorbet and another luna bar 280 and 10g
Total 1610 and 46 26% fat! kind of high today. (of course it is all estimation) darn salty peanuts!! LOL
Exercise: worked 4 1/2hours in very high humidity. Did 1 hour weights/ball exercises. I am very spent/crabby/headachy from this heat. It is a whole different ball of wax when you WORK outside. I am also major stressed about my job and getting hired by the new company. I am getting fed up with it all. If only I could find a PT job that paid over $30 an hour and didn't require any skills; then I could quit meter reading. best of luck with all that!!

--------------------

#195651 - 07/14/05 12:30 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

pre-breakfast: Luna Bar

breakfast: oatmeal, 1 slice of toast, banana

lunch: 1/2 PB sandwich, chips, Whole Soy Co. strawberry yogurt

snack: Corn Pops

dinner: brown rice w/ zucchini and mushrooms, Luna Bar

snack: Strawberry Fields cereal (dry), 1 slice of bread

GREAT DAY!

--------------------

Re: I'm back reporting in new
      #195653 - 07/14/05 12:32 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

....79 days til wedding, 3 weeks til first dress fitting...its time to get back on track. DOH!! Been there...done that!! I'll be gone Fri-Sun... but I'll try to help keep you on track after that!

Goal: to lose 4 lbs before dress fitting and to maintain this weight til after wedding on Sept 30th.

Breakfast: Banana Bread
Lunch: Mixed Salad box (coleslaw, cabbage, potato salad) and small roll
Snack- too many tofffees
Dinner: Tuna and tomato sandwich on granary bread (not hungry after all the toffees)
Total: 1950
Activites: walking, burned 118

BMR 2305 less 118 activities plus 1950 food –500 weight loss = 27 over budget not so bad for my first day

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 79 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5657

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review