All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
Survey re: TEMPTATIONS!
      #193991 - 07/11/05 05:10 AM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

I just thought I'd start a survey in the Lifestyle/Fitness arena re: food temptations

So, what's your greatest food/beverage temptation? Something you find irrestible.

Mine's easy--FRUIT!!! Especially berries (raspberries are my favourite!) and peaches and cherries. I find it hard to stop eating them and seriously have to measure them and monitor serving sizes otherwise...I've been known to polish off a quart or so in the past, or eat a half-dozen peaches.
Also, this is so embarassing, but my grandmother makes amazing pies and well...once, I just started eating the innards and couldn't stop and left all the skin/crust when she wasn't looking--one of those midnight snack attacks--it was blackberry/rhubarb. I'm a little vulture.

I feel like a living jar of jam or pie-guts all summer long.
I'm trying so hard to be "cautious" this year. I literally walk around pie-in-the-sky-eyed.

My other weakness is COFFEE and Coca-cola/diet coke--Caffeine!

Care to share your food/beverage temptations?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Survey re: TEMPTATIONS! new
      #193998 - 07/11/05 05:54 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Anything sweet, especially cake. I'm SUCH a cake junkie. It's why I stick with things that I have to make a serving at a time, like the Chocolate Cake for One that I posted on the recipe board, rather than having a full cake laying around. When I still lived at my mom's, any time she made cake, I would literally eat it for breakfast, lunch, and snacks in between. (And I wonder how I got so heavy back then! Sheesh!)

But even Heather's quick breads are something I can't eat just one serving of. I have to just not make them anymore, safe as they are, because I'll polish off an entire loaf in 2 days.

Beverages-wise, there's not a whole lot that tempts me. Soda is the closest, but it only becomes tempting if I cave in ONCE... and then I just can't seem to stop drinking it. So I solve the problem by not allowing my one favorite soda - Coke - in the house. Adam prefers diet anyway, so I'm safe there, for now.

#193999 - 07/11/05 05:56 AM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

Oh. How do I narrow this down? I have so many. I guess I'll do a top five.

1. Coffee
2. Alcohol
3. Cheese
4. Ice cream
5. Honey Nut Cheerios

#194051 - 07/11/05 07:39 AM
e_mcmaster

Reged: 01/16/05
Loc: Norman, Oklahoma

I've always been a big bread fan, so now I bake a loaf of bread and immediately cut it into equal sized pieces. If I were to leave it in loaf form, I'd cut off huge monster-size pieces.

Right now, cereal is a big temptation for me. I bought a box of Fruity Pebbles and ate almost nothing but cereal for 2 whole days. The box was gone before I even noticed it! So, that cereal is definitely a treat, not a staple.

--------------------
Elizabeth

all those years it wasn't IBS - it was celiac!
send me an email: liz@dopple.net

#194063 - 07/11/05 07:55 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Caffeine, especially with the Fibro. I now think of it more as a medicine with nasty side effects. So if I REALLY need the caffeine, I'll have some and put up with the side effects, but I don't have it for fun anymore. That make sense?

Anyway, not counting the caffeine, coffee is a big one for me as I adore it.

Salad used to be, but it was so painful I don't push it anymore. I can eat loads more fruit and veg now than I used to be able to, so that's not an issue anymore.

Fatty stuff is a big issue for me as I'm ALOT more fat tolerant than most people...well, it makes me C but as my attacks are D, sometimes that's good. So chip shop fries etc...yum!

#194079 - 07/11/05 08:27 AM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

1. french fries
2. nuts
3. watermelon
4. Sierra Mist/Sprite/7-Up
5. Cheerios, Cheerios, CHEERIOS!!!!!

#194087 - 07/11/05 08:32 AM
chinagrl

Darn them Cheerios!!! I'm going to stop having them in the house... too much temptation!!!!

Re: Cheerios! new
      #194111 - 07/11/05 09:08 AM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

Ah--someone who understands my Cheerios obsession.

Sometimes that's all I'll eat, and even though they're not bad for you, they're not good meal replacements. I tried moderation, but I just see that yellow box and I have to have a bowl. So, I've just stopped buying them.

Re: Cheerios! new
      #194129 - 07/11/05 09:40 AM
chinagrl

Yeah. I'm bad with Cheerios, but I'm unstoppable with Honey Nut Cheerios. I have a box left of the plain variety (I bought them in bulk) but after this I'm cutting myself off. I just can't be trusted with cereal.

#194141 - 07/11/05 09:52 AM
RachelT

Reged: 07/01/04
Loc: Minnesota

Hmm... For food my worst enemy during my pregnancy is, well there's a couple... ice cream and pie!

As for my beverage... Again there's 2... I have no clue why I've been craving these, considering my current condition, but coffee and wine... neither of which I can or should have! Of course, I'm sensible enough not to give in to these cravings. It's especially hard to walk down the coffee isle in the grocery store lately... that wonderful aroma... SIGH!!!!!!!!!!!

--------------------
~ Rachel (IBS-C)
If life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 109 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 28961

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review