All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
Re: CANDY! new
      #194806 - 07/12/05 05:03 PM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

Lol! My sister is a candy freak, and I love surprising her with a box of full of candy (Necco Wafers, Smarties, Nerds, Techno (Gummy) Bears, Chupa Chups, etc.) every once in a while (since I can't eat them). I'm more of a chocolate lover, although I do miss Atomic Fireballs and Tootsie Pops.

I don't know how much you love candy, but have you seen or read that book Candy and Me: A Love Story by Hilary Liftin. It's a non-fiction account of the author's obsession with candy, especially "retro" candy.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Interesting connection, Maria!Maria! new
      #194811 - 07/12/05 05:08 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

Interesting connection re: temptations/first finger foods and treats.

MINE WAS CANDY!!! Mum would keep a bag of the hard stuff in the car for me/her/my friends. There was a stash in the glove box.

My grandfather got tons of free candy, cookies, biscuits,etc., from his factory--A CANDY FACTORY.

It's true, though, re: cereal. There's a lot of people who's parents gave them Cheerios as there first nibbles/kibbles and bits, snacks.

My parents just gave me candy. Dad would come home most days with gummi something or other or something explosive or taffy or GUM (my favourite food as a kid--I got too much of it in my hair)or licorice--it was the only thing I was likely not to be allergic to.

That and slurpees and Mr. Freezies and popsicles and Jello.

I too, had to remove the tempatation from my house as I preferred the temptation to real food. However, I think I need to "invite" just a little tiny bit of it back in for the fun of it.

Re: CANDY! new
      #194816 - 07/12/05 05:11 PM
Wind

I think I'll have to check out that book! I used to stock up on Chups and Nerds. Swedish berries were a favourite. I'm doomed now. I haven't had an atomic fireball in ages. Yes, Maria!Maria! I'm a big suck!

Re: Jawbreakers new
      #194817 - 07/12/05 05:13 PM
Wind

I was eating blueberries, this afternoon, Ms. Ruchie! Chocolate covered expresso beans--now there's temptation.

Re: Survey re: TEMPTATIONS! new
      #194847 - 07/12/05 05:52 PM
uwponine

Reged: 03/19/05
Loc: Wisconsin

Hmmm....fun idea....this has been really hard for me but haven't been cheating on it, here goes....

Authentic mexican food with real cheese, chocolate,
high sugar foods like soy dream or home made desserts, french fries.
Drinks? Soda, hands down.

--------------------
IBS-C with major bloat!
Gluten Free Vegan

Re: cheese new
      #194899 - 07/12/05 09:10 PM
Beth

Reged: 02/17/03
Loc: San Diego, CA

*giggle* I hear ya. I gained most of my weight eating cheese. A lot of cheese, admitedly. Now I just eat a lot of soy cheese *sigh*

--------------------
Food for thought: the only kind I can digest.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 34 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 29294

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review