All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
Temptations? Well, lets see... new
      #194540 - 07/12/05 09:34 AM
retrograde

Reged: 04/15/04

Cool thread Kate!

My parents have been lately having soy ice cream in the house all the time! We are not really an 'ice cream househould' but I guess since soy ice cream is a little 'healthier' than regular ice cream and since it's blistering hot here, it's been making a regular appearance in our freezer. This is sooo bad! I could literally just open the carton and eat the whole thing (which is the point when soy ice cream really stops being SAFE! )

Other safe foods that I could eat and eat and eat.... white bread! If I'm really stressed out or upset, white bread is a huge comfort food for me. I eat way too much of it at those times! Oh, and cheerios for me too! Why is it so easy to have a million bowls of cereal without even feeling full until right after you stop? (And the you feel reeeeallly full!)

Oh, and yes any safe candy is terrible for me. Licorice, scotch mints, fuzzy peaches... I can't let myself around these treats or it's all over! lol

And as far as non safe foods go - cheese! Oh how I miss it Cheese used to be a HUGE staple of my diet. Even though I've always been pretty lactose intolellerant, cheese with low lactose levels like hard cheddar were totally fine for me at one time. When I was a vegetarian for a bunch of years, cheese was like my major protein source. Mmmmmm, yes, I definitely miss my cheese. I haven't once cheated with it though since I cut it out of my diet!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: So, HNC and regular cheerios new
      #194583 - 07/12/05 10:48 AM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

They are both safe unless a person has issues with nuts or great sensitivity to IF. Both are HFCS free (as is my new favorite cap'n crunch). I do find though that HNC make me burpy and gassy to some extent. I believe after-cheerios-burps are quite common with everyone.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Yes! This was really confusing me! new
      #194602 - 07/12/05 11:06 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Anyway, unless you're on meds that make you put on weight whatever (ie. NOT ones that make you more hungry which is the usual side effect thang), then counting your calories should help. Check out www.fitday.com.

Re: Help... Gaining Weight and not stoping. new
      #194782 - 07/12/05 03:49 PM
JennWst

Reged: 06/01/05

How do I post a new question?

Re: Help... Gaining Weight and not stoping. new
      #194794 - 07/12/05 04:25 PM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

When you click on the board (that being the fitness one) hit the "post" button. That will allow you to start a new topic and question.

Re: Temptations; I see a trend emerging new
      #194797 - 07/12/05 04:45 PM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

Kate,

Have you tried a coffee substitute, like Teeccino? I know it doesn't contain caffeine, but I like the taste and the potassium in it offers a little pick-me-up.

You've mentioned you like lemons and limes, so maybe you'll understand the following: Sometimes I get a craving for lemons or lime, and I try to satisfy this craving with lemon cake or lemon sorbet. Doesn't help. Unfortunately, I don't like the sweetness of these products. What I have to have is a slice of real lemon or lime. I think I prefer sour to sweet.

Re: Retrograde, you reminded me... new
      #194798 - 07/12/05 04:49 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

HOW MUCH I MISS CANDY!!!

Now, I am cured! Oh no! Attack of the fuzzy peaches! Pass me the sours! Lollipops, Jolly Ranchers, and licorice. Saltwater taffy. I think I'm going to become an "OOMPA LOOMPA." I'll have to hit a "retro" (no pun intended) candy store. Yes, you have permission to break my jaw. Explosive bubblegum. Cotton Candy. The world of sugar. I'm doomed, now, should I venture out into the world. (Sorry, I need more vices around the house and the last time I tried Cheerios I puked and soy icecream does a number on me). Those fruit-to-go, incidentally are great port-a-snacks.

Re: Temptations? Well, lets see... new
      #194800 - 07/12/05 04:50 PM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

Quote:

Other safe foods that I could eat and eat and eat.... white bread! If I'm really stressed out or upset, white bread is a huge comfort food for me. I eat way too much of it at those times! Oh, and cheerios for me too! Why is it so easy to have a million bowls of cereal without even feeling full until right after you stop? (And the you feel reeeeallly full!)

This is how I feel about cereal and white bread too! I think Cheerios are a comfort food because, probably for many of us, it was our first finger food. I've had to cut back on both because I was really over-doing it.

Re: Temptations; I see a trend emerging new
      #194801 - 07/12/05 04:51 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

Great idea re: sliced lemon/lime. Somedays, I could suck a bag of lemons or limes!

Jawbreakers new
      #194804 - 07/12/05 05:00 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

pixi stix, lemon drops, sugar babies, chocolate mints, mmmmmmm! Don't get me started! I'm not supposed to even look at sugar anymore

OOMPA LOOMPA...on 1,000 cals a day? Not quite Miss Kate Should we get you a blueberry whatever that was called in the movie/ That'll plump you up in no time...though I must admit, I would be VERY UPSET if you tunred into a blue ball!!!

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 65 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 29294

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review