Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Need some exercise advice
      #193971 - 07/10/05 10:44 PM
Vicam

Reged: 02/24/04
Loc: Ontario, Canada

Hey Guys,

Hoping to get some opinions/advice here. I really need to get some sort of aerobic video program I can do at home to increase my exercise. Right now I'm going for long power-walks (which I love) but we're in the middle of a smog-advisory here and I dont tolerate the heat too well, so it'd be lovely to have something that I could do in air-conditionned comfort that would get my heart rate up as well. I have pilates which I love, but I do them every other day and want something more aerobic for the other days.

I can't afford to join a gym (plus am really self-conscious about working out in front of others) so I'm looking for an at-home solution. I've tried Tae-Bo and I really liked it, but found I kept hurting myself. I used to kick-box and do karate when I was younger, so maybe I was just over-extending, but it wasn't too good.

Some of the things I'm looking at is the Carmen Electra striptease workout (although doesn't seem like it would be enough of a "workout") and the BeachBody Power90 DVDs. They're both from informericals which makes me wary, but I don't know where to start. Here's the website for the Power 90 DVD www.beachbody.com

Anyone have something they really like to recommend? Any suggestions?

THanks!
Kelly

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Need some exercise advice new
      #194124 - 07/11/05 09:37 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

I don't have personal experience with either of them, but I've heard that the Carmen Electra one is fun, but indeed not much of a workout. Just wanted to share what I heard!

#194360 - 07/11/05 06:35 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

I watch those infomercials too sometimes. I tend to like Windsor Pilates or the exercise ball one I can't remember the name of.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

#194560 - 07/12/05 10:01 AM
retrograde

Reged: 04/15/04

Definitely check out amazon.com. They have lots of exercise DVDs for sale plus loads of customer reviews so you'll really know what you're getting (not that you have to buy from amazon or anything, but they also have lots of items used!)

From what I've read, the Crunch series is really good - they have lots of cardio, yoga and pilates stuff. I've heard Crunch Cardio Salsa is really fun and that the Boot Camp one is a killer workout - here's Amazon's page on that series: web page

Also a friend of mine used Trainer's Edge Cardio Interval Training with Petra Kolber and can't stop raving about it, so you might want to check that out!

HTH!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 215 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1936

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review