All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
REPORTING IN - 7/10/05
      #193762 - 07/10/05 07:20 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Everyone post their report for what you did on 7/10 here....

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

I made zuccini unfries...so yummy! new
      #193891 - 07/10/05 04:22 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

1 Granny Smith apple in juicer, plain
4 carrots and 3 celery sticks in juicer
1 medium banana
2 jars baby food
about 10 pumpkin seeds in babayfood
1 and 1/4 oz. pasta with homeade tom .sauce with chives
zuccini unfries and carrot unfries...still eating them!

Not sure what I'll eat the rest of the day...not counting cals...but I am LOVING all these fruits and veggies

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

My WEIGHT LOSS TOTAL new
      #193892 - 07/10/05 04:24 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

I weighed in at 136 yesterday and I started my journey at 153! Now I just need to add exercise to my routine and I won't even need the scale! I feel so healthy eating this way...

Thanks everyone *hugs*

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Re: REPORTING IN - 7/10/05 new
      #193895 - 07/10/05 04:40 PM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

After yesterday's record 2.5 hours at the gym, my legs and triceps were still sore and I was LAZY. We took the doggies swimming, and then I drug myself to the gym. Due to my laziness I only did 30 min on Elliptical and 30 on the bike. Hopefully tomorrow I'll get it together and be less of a sloth!

Re: My WEIGHT LOSS TOTAL new
      #193898 - 07/10/05 04:51 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

Way to go, Ruchie! Remember: it's a lifestyle, a habit, a way of life. Hope you're feeling dynamite. Continuing encouragement re: food/emotional issues.

Kate, IBS-D

#193902 - 07/10/05 05:05 PM
Wind

In usual hobbit style, random-order, blah, blah, blah:

--1/2 c. organic babyfood (apple/apricot)
--1/2 c. raspberry puree (=1 c. raspberries)
--creamy zucchini soup (just zucchini, broth, herbs--lavender, thyme, rosemary, parsley)
--oven roasted golden beet borscht (2 c. beets)
--Atalufo mango, 1 (nearly 1 c.)
--whipped asparagus (with watercress, a little spinach, parsely, dill) topped with green onions.

That's all so far and I know I need some more calories. I think I'll go for something fruity! Blueberries? White Flesh Peaches? A homemade banana pop? (I like frozen bananas) Homemade apricot custard? All Fruit popsicles?
I'll let my hands guide me to the "right" colour/fruit energy.

***Note: I was a fruitarian for awhile and well...summer makes me want to do it again, with greens to alkalize. I feel just peachy keen. Temptation. ***

#193938 - 07/10/05 08:06 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

B: 4 oatmeal banana cookies and milk
snacks: luna, banana, gatorade
L: HNC
2L: banana, plum 1 ginger snap
d: 1 calzone (had blue cheese in it so if I am C I will know why) 1 chicken brat (had HFCS in bun) rootbeer soy ice cream float (more HFCS)
3 potato chips
banana and cap'n crunch
Total around 1750 and 29 g around 15%
Exercise: biked 20 miles in wind and heat. Danced around house (salsa music is the key! ) and did a little swimming.
Other: had some cheese, also was very hungry in evening and might be dehydrated a little bit.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

#193941 - 07/10/05 08:07 PM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

pre-breakfast: Luna Bar

breakfast: oatmeal, 1 slice of toast, banana

snack: Lemon Supreme Cake for One, Strawberry Fields cereal (dry)

lunch: chicken dog, chips

snack: Luna Bar

dinner: black beans & Mexican rice w/ (very small amount) chopped tomatoes, onions & red bell pepper, 5 black olives, 1 flour tortilla

snack: pureed mango (baby food), Crispix

Re: My WEIGHT LOSS TOTAL new
      #193943 - 07/10/05 08:09 PM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

Excellent job, Ruchie! I'm glad you're feeling healthier too. You must feel very proud of yourself. Keep up the good work!

The prodigal returns new
      #194004 - 07/11/05 06:01 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

I stopped reporting because I was struggling with my EDs and I thought I was making matters worse by focusing so much on what I eat. But by not tracking, I just gave in to the compulsive over-eating, and I'm up to 140lbs now, which is a good 15lbs more than I think I should be at 5'2".

So I'm back to reporting, starting today (July 11). I'm going to be eating around 1200 calories a day. Before anybody snarks at me for that, I am still a pretty small person, I'm not very active, I'm "over 30", and I was barely maintaining (as in, not gaining) at 1400-1500 cals a day, so although my BMR would say otherwise, I do think 1200 is a good level for me, at least for now. On days that I do a lot of physical work, I'm still going to compensate with extra nutrition.

I'm also going to talk to my doctor (my REAL doctor, not those clowns at the women's clinic) about going off the pill and back onto the patch, even though my "insurance" doesn't cover it. Has anyone else noticed the birth control pill making them gain weight, or at least gain it in funny ways, or is it just me? I have no waistline anymore - it's literally the same as my hips - and I've always had an hourglass figure, even when I weighed 270, so this is really weird to me.

Anyway, so that's that. I'm back. Beat me if I don't report!

Re: The prodigal returns new
      #194007 - 07/11/05 06:22 AM
chinagrl

Good for you Casey! As long as you're safe and healthy. And birth control has never affected my weight- I've been on the pill since I was 15 (bad cramps and irregular cycles) and my weight has fluctuated, but not changed as a result of the pill.

Sure, eat 1200... new
      #194009 - 07/11/05 06:25 AM
e_mcmaster

Reged: 01/16/05
Loc: Norman, Oklahoma

... and you may lose at first. But if you ever start eating any more than 1200, you're going to gain. Is losing a few pounds worth slowing down your metabolism? I don't think so.

Just because you are 5'2", doesn't mean you should only be eating 1200. 1200 calories is LESS than your BMR and according to the online calculators I used, you need at least 1800 to maintain. If you're gaining on 1800, it's because you've slowed your metabolism down by eating less than that.

So what's the solution? Eat MORE and get more active! If your body thinks it is starving, as it likely does, you need to give it more food and burn more calories by exercising more. You might even gain some weight in the process, but I promise it will all come off just as soon as your metabolism catches up.

Don't starve yourself, dear. It's not worth it.

--------------------
Elizabeth

all those years it wasn't IBS - it was celiac!
send me an email: liz@dopple.net

#194037 - 07/11/05 07:02 AM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

when i switched pills to a lower estrogen pill I actually lost TEN POUNDS! It seriously just slid off my body in a matter of days.

I've since gained it all back. (damn quitting smoking).. but maybe you could check into lower estrogen first.

--------------------

#194040 - 07/11/05 07:06 AM
chinagrl

Hmm... possibly one pill made you retain water?

When I was on the patch... new
      #194099 - 07/11/05 08:53 AM
atomic rose

...I had no problems whatsoever. I'm having other problems than just the weight gain, like insane mood swings and serious depression that starts when I PMS and doesn't end till a few days after my period does. I'm definitely going to check into something lower-estrogen, I know the patch was lower than the pill I'm on now.

Ya know... new
      #194106 - 07/11/05 09:01 AM
atomic rose

I've been eating around 1800, and I've been quite active this spring, working like hell in the yard, and I've GAINED 15-20 POUNDS. And no, it's not muscle. So I'm sorry, but that BMR thing DOES NOT work for everyone, and I'm one of the people it DOESN'T work for. My metabolism simply doesn't "catch up". It never has.

And if you think I haven't given it enough time... well, f*** it, I am NOT going to keep eating so many calories for another 6-8 months and gain ANOTHER 15-20 pounds. I'm already that much overweight, and I cry every day because the only clothes I have that fit me are sweatpants and my boyfriend's t-shirts. If it means doing "damage" to my metabolism to lose pounds, then yes, it's totally worth it.

I'm not discussing this any more. Everyone has to do what works for them - just like WW works for some people and not others. I know my body, nobody else does, and that's that.

Casey... new
      #194191 - 07/11/05 11:28 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

...I understand...don't stress! Elizabeth just worries bout people.

If you think about it, if some people have high metabolsims and they do, then SOMEONE must have the slow metabolisms on the other end of the scale. Just a shame that it's you.

Plus, it's REALLY hard to kickstart your metabolism...without running or going to the gym alot, I don't think you could do it IMHO.

And hon...you're hot whatever!

Re: Ya know... new
      #194315 - 07/11/05 04:32 PM
Wind

Casey:

Good luck with this new "plan" re: dealing with unwanted pounds. Your plan is not unreasonable. I'm relatively sedentary as well and sedentary people just don't require as much caloric intake. Also, I know with your tiny frame and petite height, you'll feel better! My doctor told me, that I don't need more than 1500 calories/day (average) and I'm 5'6"--ish (well a few millimeters more than that on a good posture day!) and 31 and lazy!!!

Anyways, best wishes and just "bank" the calories. You know what works!

Kate.

Edited by Wind (07/11/05 04:35 PM)

#194324 - 07/11/05 05:10 PM
e_mcmaster

I'm sorry if I upset you. Gaining weight is hard enough without someone telling you to "keep waiting."

I just worry because my metabolism had slowed to such a crawl that I stated gaining on 400 calories a day. 400! And now I maintain on 2200. So I know it can be done. But you are right - this is your body.

I'm very sorry to have upset you. I certainly don't want to see you suffer anymore.

--------------------
Elizabeth

#194327 - 07/11/05 05:13 PM
chinagrl

Hey Elizabeth,

I'm sure Casey knows you only want what's best for her. It's just frustrating, that's all. And if I remember, you're really young and work out for two hours a day, right? (You're the hot young republican I voted for, right?). That's very different than being older and not as dedicated as you to the gym.

#194334 - 07/11/05 05:29 PM
e_mcmaster

That's true - I am very dedicated to the gym now. I do have off-weeks, though, such as this one where I only went to the gym 3x and for less than 1.5 hours each. But yes, in general, I work out for 45-90min a day, which could account for how much food my body needs.

My 51 year old mom is following a diet plan I made up for her and is doing well on 1800. She *needs* to be more active, for her health, but she's losing fine on 1800. I guess that is my point of reference.

Once again, though, I'm just concerned for Casey because 1200 seems drastic, to me. But if it makes her happy and works for her, power to her. I just want her to be happy with herself.

BTW, thanks for voting for me again!

--------------------
Elizabeth

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 50 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 7732

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review