All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

View all threads Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
A.M. vs P.M. exercise
      #193649 - 07/09/05 01:02 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

Does anyone have any facts regarding exercising at certain times of the day? I sometimes feel faster when I exercise in late afternoon, if it is not hot. Is there any difference in calories or metabolism or that sort of thing?

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: A.M. vs P.M. exercise new
      #193677 - 07/09/05 03:34 PM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

According to my trainer there is no difference when you exercise, or when you eat. They always say not to eat at night, but a calorie is a calorie. Same for exercise- calorie burned is a calorie burned. I do think that people have different times of day where they feel the most alert- like morning and night people. It could be that that's your peak time.

Re: A.M. vs P.M. exercise new
      #193837 - 07/10/05 11:20 AM
retrograde

Reged: 04/15/04

Hey Tamara - here's a really good article on just that: http://www.muscleandfitnesshers.com/hers/120804/timetoburn.html It's specifically about cardio but the info would really apply to any kind of exercise.

I think the bottom line is that there are some benefits to training at different times of the day, but the best time to do it is the best time that works for you, which means that you'll want to do it and that you'll stick to it.

What about for helping with constipation? new
      #194385 - 07/11/05 07:55 PM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

Does anyone find that walking in am or pm is better for inducing a BM?

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Re: What about for helping with constipation? new
      #194465 - 07/12/05 06:10 AM
chinagrl

Exercising in the morning (especially vigorously) cleans me right out. And I mean that with emphasis. When I run in the morning the first mile needs to be near a bathroom.

Hmm, this is what I was afraid of new
      #194527 - 07/12/05 09:00 AM
Augie

I need to be to work so early, there is no time to exercise in the am.

any other vigorous activities besides running?

--------------------
~ Beth

Re: Hmm, this is what I was afraid of new
      #194528 - 07/12/05 09:09 AM
chinagrl

Could you get up a little earlier and go to sleep a little earlier too? I used to run at 5:30 in the morning... it's a good time to be out in Texas (before the sun's up and it gets too hot). I'm sure any kind of vigorous exercise would work. Probably a brisk walk (4 mph or so) would suffice.

#194585 - 07/12/05 10:51 AM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

In general I exercise in the morning. My routine is breakfast, bathroom, exercise. I don't have any problems with this. Once in a great while I will get a little gurgly and need to go some more but this hasn't happened in a long time.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

#194597 - 07/12/05 11:04 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Yeah it's amazing how early a wake-up you can get used to if you just get enough sleep. Especially in the summer or if you live somewhere hot. What time DO you get up, Beth?

#194670 - 07/12/05 01:20 PM
Augie

I have to get up at 6:45 am. I usually go to bed by 10 or 10:30. It seems like the later I can sleep in, the more likely it is for me to have a BM...like if I could sleep until 9:00, my bowels like it better!

My bowels don't like early mornings. I guess they are still asleep. So, the early morning workout might not work for me...although I'm not going by getting up as early as 6:45 anyhow!

--------------------
~ Beth

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 36 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2973

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review