All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
REPORTING IN - 7/9/05
      #193523 - 07/08/05 10:49 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Everyone post their report for what you did on 7/9 here....

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: REPORTING IN - 7/9/05 new
      #193679 - 07/09/05 03:37 PM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

I was a good bunny today- but I exhausted myself hard core:

1:30 with trainer. He kicked my a** today!!! I was sweating and huffing and whining!!

20 min exercise bike
20 min run @ 5.5 mph
10 min walk @ 4 mph

Believe it or not, I was at the gym for 2.5 hours!! Now why don't I have abs of steel? (not like I don't actually know the answer to this... why is food so yummy?)

#193694 - 07/09/05 05:20 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

B: MOM as usual 250 and 4g
snacks: 4 cookies, 3/4 banana, pecan luna, ice cream 825 19g
lunch: 1/2 bowl cap'n crunch- burned my carrots 150 and 2g
dinner: chicken and wild rice brat, bun with HFCS, ketchup without, "fried" potatoes with ketchup and peas 400 cals 6g
1625 and 17% fat
Exercise: 1 hour weights/ball and 10 min run

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

#193750 - 07/10/05 04:04 AM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

Walked casually for 2 hours or so at the market, trick-or-treating for the week. Acquired more seasonal colour!

I'm going to try and consume more fruit to fill in the caloric blanks. I've got to be true to me, right?

In usual hobbit style and random order, etc.:

--1 c. applesauce
--1 c. raspberry sauce (2 c. raspberries pureed reduce to 1 c.)
--3 Frozen All fruit bars (Del Monte) ***REALLY YUMMY***
--4 carrots (with lavendar, thyme, rosemary...whipped with
organic new red potatoe. This sounds gross, but I love adding pickle jar water to this.)
--1/2 c. new organic red potatoes
--zucchini sticks or "unfries" with parsley, chevril, chives.
--puree of asparagus with dill***used some of the raspberry sauce as a quick dressing/dip with dijon/herbs de provence/balsalmic***
***I've got a lot of leftovers!!!***
--1 c. roasted beets (with apricots for dressing/sauce. I roasted the fresh apricot with the beet and then blended it.)
--2 apricots (dressing for the beets), fresh
--1 small organic banana (1/2 c.)

I guess, I just have to eat all day long in order to fit enough in. Every two or so hours, take a refueling pause and inject some COLOUR into me.

Wind: adding more fruit (suggestion!) new
      #193797 - 07/10/05 09:23 AM
Kristin940

Reged: 05/04/05
Loc: Massachusetts

Hi Kate,
How are you doing? I noticed that you were looking to add more fruit snacks into your diet. I don't know if you have a Trader Joe's nearby, but they have "fruit leathers" that are 100% organic fruit and they offer a variety of flavors. I have tried the blackberry, green apple, mango, and strawberry. They are delicious, and similar to fruit roll-ups!

Hope this is helpful!

Take care,
Kristen

#193818 - 07/10/05 10:19 AM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

Welcome to my food rut journal.

I don't even know why I bother posting! Just check out yesterday's entry.

pre-breakfast: Chocolate Peppermint Stick Luna Bar

breakfast: oatmeal, cup of Crispix (dry)

work lunch: PB sandwich, chips, banana

snack: Luna Bar

dinner: chicken dog (I haven't had hot dogs in years, and now that I've found these safe chicken ones--I can't stop eating them!), chips, peach puree (Gerber baby food "Peach Cobbler"--good source of potassium, easy on the stomach, but they do contain wheat so be careful GFers!)

dessert: Tofutti Cutie

snack: Strawberry Fields cereal

#193824 - 07/10/05 10:43 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

OK, I'm kind of reporting in....lol

I got up and worked out with trainer and then we drove 2-1/2 hours to a Family Reunion... I have NO idea how many calories I ate... not TOO MUCH food...just none of it made by ME, so I just don't know. I have not had any attacks either...wwwooohhhhooo!!!

Some new and exciting news for me..... I'm going to start working out with personal trainer 2 days a week (instead of 1) PLUS the group body sculpting class with her too. And I'm not sure if I've told anyone here on the boards this, but I have been having a really hard time with my right knee, that has really effected my workouts the last 3 weeks....but it is feeling much better then last Wednesday when I re-injured it in kickboxing class (which by the way, I'm not allowed to do for a while now, per my trainer).

Here is my new workout schedule effective 7/18/05.

MONDAY: 45 minutes Knee Sensitive Cardio, 30 minutes Abs
TUESDAY: 60 minute Body Sculpting Class (taught by personal trainer), 30 minutes Cardio on Recumbent Bycle.
WEDNESDAY: Circuit Train (3 sets of 20 on each machine), 45 minutes Knee Sensitive Cardio
THURSDAY: 60 minute session with Personal Trainer, 30 minutes Cardio
FRIDAY: 45 minutes Cardio, 30 minutes Abs
SATURDAY: 60 minute session with Personal Trainer, 30 minutes Cardio
SUNDAY: Off

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Re: Wind: adding more fruit (suggestion!) new
      #193864 - 07/10/05 01:49 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

Kristin: We don't have "Trader Joe's" around here. I'm Canadian, and from Waterloo, Ontario. That's a great suggestion. I'm such a natural type, that it's really really hard to change that and I wouldn't want to, in a strange way!
I checked out the ingredients of "Fruit Roll-ups" and rejected them as potential purchased/name-brand snacks--corn syrup this and that and carregeenan in some of the other Betty Crocker fruit snacks. I did acquire some really delicious FROZEN ALL FRUIT BARS, made by Del Monte--the mango/peach and the blackberry/raspberry are divine, especially in the heat. I grabbed a few FRUIT-TO-GO snacks for a mini-purse stash.

I bought lots of fresh fruit to indulge in, passionately, at satisfy my sweet tooth and some baking supplies should I be inspired to spoil myself or just play with "dough." I have some arrowroot flour so maybe I'll try MELITAMI's arrowroot cookies. I also have rice flour and xanthan gum, so maybe I'll attempt a batch of KANDEE'S MIGHTY NICE RICE MUFFINS or
who knows what! Cookies/biscuits/muffins--they are foreign to me, after not consuming them for too many years to count/remember.

Also, I think just adding more mangoes and peaches and the like and hitting the smoothies should do the trick! A WOMAN FOR ALL SEASONS!!! (Shhh...I've got 6 litres of strawberries in my fridge!!! Maybe I'll EAT JAM!!!)

Re: Wind: adding more fruit (suggestion!) new
      #194340 - 07/11/05 05:42 PM
Kristin940

Reged: 05/04/05
Loc: Massachusetts

Hey kate,
sorry to hear that you are not a Trader Joe's..it is such a neat store! It sounds like you have some pretty exciting options-love the 6 liters of strawberries in the fridge!!

Good luck!!!!!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 47 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2586

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review