All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Re: Wow! new
      #193816 - 07/10/05 10:15 AM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

Shell, you're doing great! It's good to hear that you're less focused on weight and more focused on overall well-being. Are you starting to feel different? Stronger? Do you notice a difference in the way you carry yourself?

I'm not exercising atm, but I recall that when I was working out I felt taller and--I dont know how to describe it--just good, I guess! I think I've gained enough weight back to start an exercise regimen of my own. I'm tired of being a weakling!

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who eats more than one Luna Bar a day! Lol. I'm a Chocolate Peppermint Stick addict. And proud of it!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: uwponine new
      #193868 - 07/10/05 02:08 PM
uwponine

Reged: 03/19/05
Loc: Wisconsin

Hadn't thought about that...good observation!
What do you use for rice/bread?

--------------------
IBS-C with major bloat!
Gluten Free Vegan

Re: Wow! new
      #195689 - 07/14/05 01:20 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Quote:

Shell, you're doing great! Thanks! It's good to hear that you're less focused on weight and more focused on overall well-being. Yes, my body IS changing even if the weight does not. Are you starting to feel different? Starting? Oh my goodness....it is day and night...day and night I tell ya! Stronger? Oh YES!! Do you notice a difference in the way you carry yourself? Very much so...I stand tall, with my chest out and head UP (not looking at the ground as I walk past people...instead I SMILE)

I'm not exercising atm, but I recall that when I was working out I felt taller and--I dont know how to describe it--just good, I guess! I think I've gained enough weight back to start an exercise regimen of my own. I'm tired of being a weakling! We are here to support ya!!

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who eats more than one Luna Bar a day! Lol. I'm a Chocolate Peppermint Stick addict. And proud of it! Oh yes.....however... my trainer might be reducing them to just 2 a day.... she said I could have 3 for NOW! LOL And I don't disobey her....if you saw her, you would know WHY!! LOL

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Rice Krispy treats without marshmallows? new
      #197755 - 07/20/05 12:39 PM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

How would I make them without marshmallows? And I the ones at Whole foods....what are they made of? Do you know if those are dairy free?

Thanks!

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Re: Rice Krispy treats without marshmallows? new
      #197788 - 07/20/05 01:11 PM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

Hey Augie,

Instead of marshmallows you use the fluff. The fluff is vegetarian. Hang on- I'm looking up a recipe for you. Looks like you'd need to use soy instead of margerine, but marshmallow fluff is Gluten free for those of you who avoid that... and I can't remember if they have dairy or not at Whole Foods. I do think they have some corn syrup, which I know is a no-go for people...

1/4 c. margarine or butter
1 7 1/2-oz jar Marshmallow Fluff
5 cups crispy rice cereal

Melt margarine in large saucepan over low heat. Add Marshmallow Fluff and cook over low heat about 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Add crispy rice cereal. Stir until well coated. Using buttered spatula or waxed paper, press mixture evenly into buttered 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan. Cut into squares when cool. Yield: 24 squares, 2 x 2 inches.

MICROWAVE MARSHMALLOW FLUFF TREATS
Place Fluff and margarine in 2 1/2 qt. microwave safe bowl. Microwave at HIGH for 3 minute, stirring each minute. (Based on 700-watt microwave oven.) Stir in cereal until coated. Using a buttered spatula or waxpaper, press mixture evenly into buttered 13 X 9 inch pan. Cut into 2 X 2 squares. Yield: 24 squares.

customized treats
Depending on your taste, try customizing your Marshmallow Fluff Treats recipe by adding small pieces of nuts, chocoate, dried fruit, unsweetened cocoa, candy bay, and/or other ceral. To the rice cereal add up to one cup of your customized selection and blend in thoroughly before adding to the cooked ingredients.

Thanks! new
      #204522 - 08/11/05 08:42 AM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

Do you think this is too much margarine? Heather's recipe calls for 2 T of oil, so this would be twice as much fat. Have you made this before?

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Re: uwponine new
      #204585 - 08/11/05 11:14 AM
uwponine

Reged: 03/19/05
Loc: Wisconsin

You could be right....do you do any rice? What do you do as a base then? Potatoes are too starchy for me constantly.

--------------------
IBS-C with major bloat!
Gluten Free Vegan

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 300 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 7477

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review