All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
I had lost over 10 lbs due to this problem
      #192456 - 07/06/05 05:41 PM
Jessica Anne

Reged: 07/06/05
Loc: Bucks County, PA

I used to weigh 95 lbs when I was eating normally and b4 I was havin horrible pains. I've reached as low as 82 lbs. I am 5 foot 2 inches and 82 lbs is way too low. I had come to the point when I was afraid to eat anything because it just seemed like whatever I ate would cause me pain. Everyone else seemed to notice I was getting too thin and began gettin worried. They probably thought I was anorexic or bulimic. Yet I was neither. I was always hungry but just too afraid to eat. I was livin on plain bread and cereals for a long time. I was just so confused, and still get confused. I am now 88 lbs and am trying my best to reach at least 95. Coming across this web site has been a blessing and Heather is an angel. I am just so determined to get my life back together and become healthy once again!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: I had lost over 10 lbs due to this problem new
      #192459 - 07/06/05 05:47 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

good luck to you! I hope everything works out.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

#192462 - 07/06/05 05:56 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

Best wishes, Jessica Anne. Heather's diet is a life saviour.
The boards offer tremendous support and tons of ideas.

Kate, IBS-D, pain-prominent.

#192485 - 07/06/05 07:32 PM
melitami

Reged: 02/23/04
Loc: Ewing, NJ, USA (IBS-D, Vegetarian)

*HUGS* I'm 5'4" and I've been in your exact weight shoes! One, getting stable(r) helps a ton! Second, this site has so many delicious recipes and suggestions, it helps tremendously!

Good luck!

--------------------
Melissa
Friendship is thicker than blood. ~Rent

#192499 - 07/06/05 09:25 PM
jrs

Reged: 03/31/03
Loc: Aberystwyth, Wales

I have done the same thing that you did twice already, so you should know that it's possible to get better and get the wait back.

The first time is when my IBS started to get really bad for the first time. I was working out quite a lot, and weighed around 170-175lbs at the time. Since I felt that there was very little I could eat without feeling bad, I lost about 25 lbs in the next month or two. After changing my diet things gradually got back to normal, although it did take a while.

The second time happened when I made the decision to quit my job and go back to school. The stress of the situation caused my IBS to flare up again in a major way, and once again I lost about 25lbs in a few months, this time going down to about 125lbs at my lowest (on a 5'10" frame). Once again though, I began to manage my stress and refocus on the diet, and I'm now successfully back up to my previous weight of around 150lbs.

The key is to just ensure that you're getting enough calories. Even though you might feel bad, just eat what you can, and do it frequently if possible. There is no question that you'll have to drop out any high-fat, high-spice foods, and I have personally found that including at least one serving of rice in my diet every day has improved things as well. You'll need to experiement to find out what is good for you though.

Hope this helps!

- Vincent

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 31 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2031

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review