All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)
REPORTING IN - 7/6/05
      #192168 - 07/06/05 08:09 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Everyone post their report for what you did on 7/6 here....

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: REPORTING IN - 7/6/05 new
      #192457 - 07/06/05 05:44 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

Yikes! I am at a loss for how to fill in the caloric blanks.
Seriously...I eat too "healthy." I kept it soft today--bad TMJ and yesterday's sweet corn had a bit of a kick in the arse.

Is it just me or does IBS-D make you really mentally anal retentive about your eating habits?

In usual hobbit habit...blah,blah,blah...:
--1/2 c. apple/apricot sauce (x2)
--1.5 c. beets
--red chard, dill (puree)
--zucchini
--spinach puree (with basil and parsley)
--1 c. organic new potatoes (with lavender, rosemary, thyme)
--organic no chicken broth

I think I'll hit the carrots, later. I need some orange. Maybe crackers or applesauce. I think I need a little safe corruption and to venture beyond my ridgid ways. It's a tad isolating. Everyday, I feel a little psychologically safer.

Re: How everything was assembled.

The beets were mixed with the red chard and zucchini. I mixed some zucchini with the potatoes and the spinach. It really hardly took much time at all. I zapped the zucchini with the potatoes/herbs and the beets with the zucchini as well. I thought I'd pull a "Retrograde" and used canned beets. Memories of being a crazy student!!! Greens hardly take any time at all and well assembly was kind of a less than ten minute no major fuss deal. For those leery of consuming greens, I highly recommend spinach/potatoe as a starter combo with maybe a little zucchini. I love watercress soup or watercress potatoes as well and it's basically steamed potatoes and herbs and chopped watercress in the blender with as much or as little stock as you like.
That lavender smells so good!!! I love just zipping outdoors or to my massive window box.

I was in the mood to leave the skins on, today.

Anyways, I think I may choose to check out some of those other aisles for some IBS friendly ideas. It's like I'm an alien, completely unfamiliar with all of these things others talk about, especially name brands!

#192461 - 07/06/05 05:52 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

B: MOM with banana and pecans 350 and 5g
snacks (never ate lunch) luna, junior mints, pretzels, banana, little mango 590 and 10g
D: Heather's grilled vietnamese chicken and rice noodles, with some overcooked garden fresh peas 275 and 4g
Dessert: capn crunch (haven't eaten yet) 200 and 2g
Total: 1415 and 21 g 14%
Exercise: had no time to bike usual 12 miles today, biked 42 minutes- about 10 miles 370 cals.
Other: Got a call today that I am being layed off next month. My boss lost his contract with the horrible electric company and I will need to find new work. Please hope for the best for me!

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

#192480 - 07/06/05 07:14 PM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

run 30 min @ 5.5 mph
run 10 min @ 6 mph
walk 20 @ 4 mph

I'm trying to eat MUCH healthier today because the last, oh, six days have been too indulgent. Between the Holiday weekend and stress eating from dealing with my fam.

So today:

Cheerios/Coffee
Meal Substitute Bar
Cantelope
Tomatoes with fresh basil
Asparagus
Corn
Quorn
Gatorade

I think that's probably too few calories for today, so I might eat some more later, on the other hand, it might average out for the past few days that have been way too caloric!!

#192484 - 07/06/05 07:30 PM
melitami

Reged: 02/23/04
Loc: Ewing, NJ, USA (IBS-D, Vegetarian)

Do you bake at all/eat baked goods, Kate? Maybe you can get some more calories by making muffins or bread with your fruits and veggies. I for one am a huge fan of spinach bread (bread machine recipe on the recipe index) and fruity muffins. Muffin favorites include blueberry cornbread (which are dark cherry cornbread at the moment since Trader Joe's was out of frozen blueberries last time) and peach gingerbread.

Just a suggestion. I know it helps me keep my calories up.

--------------------
Melissa
Friendship is thicker than blood. ~Rent

Re: REPORTING IN - 7/6/05-- OWWWWWWWW! new
      #192689 - 07/07/05 08:32 AM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

My uterus felt like it was going to fall out while I was grocery shopping today. I can't take ibuprofen, Tylenol doesn't even touch the pain, so I'm sticking with the heat patch. Eating rather lightly because of the cramps.

pre-breakfast: Luna Bar

breakfast: oatmeal, toast

snack/breakfast #2: Crispix, toast, pureed peaches

snack: 1 UFO

late lunch: 1/2 PB sandwich, chips, Tofutti Cutie

dinner: Thai ginger noodles, Luna Bar

snack: banana

Re: LIttle Minnie new
      #192728 - 07/07/05 09:27 AM
lalala

Aargh! I'm sorry to hear you got laid off. Even though it must be a shock, were you expecting it to happen? Will you be able to receive unemployment benefits while you search? I wish you the best of luck that you get a new job quickly. I also hope this doesn't trigger any attacks or tummy upsets for you!

#192731 - 07/07/05 09:31 AM
lalala

Quote:

Anyways, I think I may choose to check out some of those other aisles for some IBS friendly ideas. It's like I'm an alien, completely unfamiliar with all of these things others talk about, especially name brands!

What are you thinking of getting? Anything listed here that interested you? I wander the produce aisle at our HFS, but I have no idea how to prepare so many of those beautiful veggies. Your pureeing tips and blends suggestions are really helpful--I'm still a bit scared of certain foods, though.

#192745 - 07/07/05 09:43 AM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

I can't recall the last time I bought bread. I'm not a big baker/baked goods eater/fan. My teeth just don't want to chew it--does that make sense? I eat white rice/white rice based pasta and I'm starting to trust other "products" again, and organic potatoes, etc. When I say I was a radical raw vegan prior to IBS, I mean nothing processed--entirely fruits/veggies and uncooked. I've only recently adventured down other aisles at the store, i.e. cereal, crackers, etc. I don't own a bread machine, but I could easily acquire one. I'll think about it. Seriously, there is not much variety in my diet. And then I get at a loss for how to fill in the "blank." Last night, I ended up eating 3 carrots (steamed/pureed) and some rice crackers for a snack. Spinach bread sounds yummy, or a gingerbread/corn bread.

Re:Oh, hon!!!! new
      #192805 - 07/07/05 11:44 AM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

Good luck! Hopefully something good comes your way REALLY soon!!!! Hugs, Alicia.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 35 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3307

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review