All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
REPORTING IN - 7/5/05
      #191592 - 07/04/05 07:58 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Everyone post their report for what you did on 7/5 here....

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: REPORTING IN - 7/5/05 new
      #191763 - 07/05/05 09:30 AM
Jennifer Rose

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: Fremont, CA

Hi everyone,

I know I've tried reporting in the past and failed miserably, but I'm going to try again as my IBS is getting way out of control and I'm to the point where any help or comments about what I'm eating would be a tremendous help.

I did the Breaking the Cycle diet this weekend so I'm going to try adding insolubles back in because there's only so much bland food I can take. I'm also going to report my exercise as added encouragement to get some in.

Thanks in advange guys!

--------------------
- Jennifer

#192047 - 07/05/05 08:14 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

B: oatmeal with extra brown sugar 500 and 8g
snacks and lunch: 2 small bananas 150, luna 180 4.5, carrots 50, naner bread 250 and 3g, pretzels 125 and 1g
Dinner: leftover chicken and orzo, not much, 300 and 4g
second dinner: 2 Kashi waffles and some milk, 400 3g
Total: 1955! 23.5 11% fat
Exercise: worked 6 hours including 30 min straight walking. Did 1 hour weights/ball exercises.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

#192056 - 07/05/05 08:31 PM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

pre-breakfast: Luna Bar

breakfast: oatmeal, 2 slices toast

snack: 1 Pop Tart (Strawberry, no frosting, but the HFCS! I need to be tough and get them out of my apt.)

lunch: chicken dog, chips, spoonful of black bean salsa, Tofutti Cutie

snack: Crispix, pureed peaches

snack: Luna Bar

dinner: white rice and steamed asparagus, flour tortilla

snack: 1/2 Pop Tart (BAD IDEA! )

I definitely need to snack healthier (and smarter) and get in some more IF vegetables.

#192064 - 07/05/05 10:47 PM
retrograde

Reged: 04/15/04

I was totally planning on reporting in today because today was shaping up to be just so damn good food-wise... but then, by the evening, major D attack (=period coming tomorrow most likely ). Sigh. So, the evening was not so great food-wise, but here's my report anyway.

10am - 1/2 cup applesauce, 1/2 english muffin
10:30am - 1 hr workout (back/biceps/abs)
12pm - 3/4 cup soy milk, 1/2 scoop protein powder, 2/3 cup oatmeal, 1/2 cup applesauce, cinnamon, 5 chopped almonds
2pm - omlette: 1/2 cup egg whites, 1/2 cup fresh spinach (pureed), 1 med potato (no skin), chiles
4pm - vegan salami sandwich on french bread with mustard, 1 fruit to go
6pm - skipped planned meal because of craziness I had to take care of at work bad idea!
8pm - was so starving by this point, and what I had was probably a bit too high in fat for my empty tummy... 20ish rice crackers and 2 tbsp hummus
10pm - BIG baked potato (no skin), few spoonfuls applesauce
12:30am - a few slices white bread, few more spoonfuls applesauce, rice krispie square

Probably somewhere in the range of 1900-2000 calories, so not too bad. But then, that's not counting the handfuls of peppermint candies I've been chomping on to numb my stomach

Water - again, was doing soooo good all day until late afternoon - so only about 1.5 liters (goal: 2.5L).

Re: Retrograde: Fruit to Go? new
      #192101 - 07/06/05 06:15 AM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

Retrograde, may I inquire re: what is "Fruit-to-Go?" This sounds really bizarre and weird, I know...but I skip a lot of aisles in the grocery store and I'm a little, no, very ignorant re: brand name foods. It sounds appealing. I used to love Fruit Roll-ups. Have you ever tried a "REBAR?" Great carbs! A REBAR is basically a dehydrator treat--fruits/veggies.

Only this week, hunting down special request items for my exchange student guest have I really ventured beyond my sphere. I'm at a little bit of a loss re: creatively/safely adding calories and nutrition. They sound like neat snacks, anyways. I think, I'm just a wee bit too "unbalanced" in the healthy way...not anorexic, but "orthorexic." I need to loosen the reigns...do a little snap, crackle and popping or whatever! I felt like such an alien in the cereal aisle and the cookie aisle. Some of those cereals are surreal, indeed.

Also, I am curious re: your soup editing. May I inquire re: brands and what you filter/dump and add before blenderizing it? I'm just trying to learn to be more "flexible" and desire to bend some of my "rules," experiment and play.

#192115 - 07/06/05 06:32 AM
Wind

In usual hobbit style, random order, and throughout the day:

--apple/apricot sauce, 1/2 c. (x2)
--1.5 c. beets
--cremini mushroom salad
--2 ears corn
--zucchini sticks--unfries
--2/3 c. organic new potatoes (with french lavender, lemon thyme, rosemary, dijon and lime and red wine vinegar)
--puree of spinach with dill

Activity? Walking/strolling for two hours or so and then hitting the bookstore and getting lost in the "covers" for not long enough! Some herb gardening.

Note: I seem to be okay with organic potatoes, but regular potatoes just completely wreck havoc on me. The same with organic carrots vs. other carrots. I don't get it, but I'm going to "go with it." Weird, but well...I thought I'd retest using Belinda's experience/advice. So far, so good.
I need to retest a few more times though.

Re: Retrograde: Fruit to Go? new
      #192157 - 07/06/05 07:40 AM
retrograde

Fruit to gos are very much like fruit rollups or like what you describe REBAR's to be (never seen those though!) - basically dried fruit mixtures in kind of a thin bar form. Very yummy! The banana is my favourite; most of the other flavours I can tolerate but cause me a little bit of tummy distress - I have no problems with the banana even on an empty stomach though. I love them because they're really convenient to just keep in my purse in case I'm late for a meal or something.

The soup I usually buy is Primo Minestrone (I've found a lot of minestrone brands have milk products in them! what's with that!). I have not been able to find one that doesn't have a tomato base though so I basically just dump the whole can into a seive and rinse it off (gets off some of the excess sodium too, I find canned soups so salty - but I guess that wouldn't really be a concern of yours, right?). Then I put it in the blender with some (non-tomato) vegetable broth and whizz it up. It's soooo good and creamy and easy - very close to the consistency of pea soup or (if you've had it) Heather's sweeet potato carrot soup, or really most carrot soups I guess. I usually put acacia in too. If I have time, to make it creamier I'll add a (peeled) baked potato.

It sounds like you're having so much fun with your exchange student! That's great! (And yes, some of those cereals ARE downright bizarre! lol!)

#192217 - 07/06/05 09:55 AM
Jennifer Rose

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: Fremont, CA

Breakfast - plain cream of rice
Snack - peach soy yogurt
Lunch - mushroom rice pilaf
Snack - raspberry preserves sandwich
Dinner - tuna sandwich and baked lays chips

No drinks other than water today. Yay me.

No exercise today because of school.

First day of no IBS attacks, but had a nasty allergy attack all during my evening class and woke up in the middle of the night with another allergy attack.

--------------------
- Jennifer

Re: Retrograde/ soup-a-whirl new
      #192300 - 07/06/05 12:45 PM
Wind

Why anyone would destroy minestrone with moo products is beyond me, too. I'd better put on my spec's reading fine print/labels. One more question: Do you blend the pasta or rice in any of these soups, too, should they appear in there?
Some days, my TMJ is evil and I just spoonfeed myself!!! Also, I'm trying to loosen my ridgid reigns to some degree. The canned/bought stuff is good for me especially due to the sodium. It's terrible, but if I go out for Thai food, I sit there with a salt shaker. Go figure. I like your idea of quick add-ins as well.

I'm going to check out those Fruit-2-Go snacks as well. I miss the roll-ups. Thanks for the info. I like their nice, tampon like size, too. I discovered these really good babyfood fruit treats, too. President Choice organic's blends, i.e. apple/apricot, apple-mango, apple/strawberry, etc. Some days, I'm downright lazy!

I made a great sub-nuclear balsalmic borscht for lunch--using canned beets (you inspired me). I just quick steamed some red chard and spinach on the stove and zapped a zucchini in the microwave, added herbs and a small amount of broth and balsalmic vinegar and blenderized it. You can use as much broth as you like to get it the consistency you like. Carrot, potatoe, or sweet potatoe would have been funky in there too. Ten whole minutes of work.

#192321 - 07/06/05 01:03 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Welcome back Jennifer.... I hope to return to reporting in later this week too!!

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Re: Retrograde/ soup-a-whirl new
      #192655 - 07/07/05 07:45 AM
retrograde

Heh, I like that - soup-a-whirl! lol

Good question about the rice/pasta... the one I buy has neither (has potatoes instead I guess.) It works better without, but I have tried it with pasta and rice and it does work fine. You just get little white flecks of pasta or rice in there, but it still tastes great. I've done it with vegetable soup too but it's a little less creamy without the beans to 'weight it down' a little.

That borscht sounds AMAZING! And in only 10 mins!?! That's definitely going on my list of things to make ASAP! (Maybe today, if I can get to the grocery store) I like Elizabeth's idea of keeping track of all your gorgeous recipes here - you're like a vault of great ideas girl! I'm certain I'm not the only one who's estatic to have you around telling all about your delectible creations. We love ya!

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 146 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3775

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review