All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)
REPORTING IN - 6/26/05
      #189176 - 06/26/05 06:19 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Everyone post their report for what you did on 6/26 here.... mine will follow later....

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: REPORTING IN - 6/26/05 new
      #189284 - 06/26/05 05:18 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

I ate like a horse!!! And I'm still not at a thousand calories, but I will be!!! I just needed some serious colour,
today.

--applesauce, 1/2 c.
--homemade babyfood strawberries, 1/2 c. (1 c. strawberries)
--1/2 c white rice fusilli with yellow and green zucchini (baby finely sliced in food processor and broiled for 15 minutes)
--homemade tomatoe dressing (1 peeled organic tomatoe in the food processor with fresh cilantro, sea salt, lime, balsalmic vinegar)***interestingly enough a peeled ORGANIC tomato caused me zero problems, after being blended. Naturally creamy, too***
--puree of red chard, arugula, fresh parsley
--3 carrots (what can I say? Carrot withdrawal or sexual frustration?)***no problems with ORGANIC whole cooked carrots; unorganic ones cause serious problems***
--puree of spinach,asparagus, sweet basil
--manic mushroom salad (assorted, broiled and crunchy, kind of like croutons)

Snacks later?
--More homemade babyfood strawberries, applesauce. Incidentally, Retrograde/Laurel inspired me to try stewing fruit and then blending it. I'm hooked. It smells fabulous and is more digestible for me--no tummy hassles.

Well, I acquired some more "colour" for the week. My stewed berries turned out heavenly and they hardly take 5 minutes!
I opted to keep them plain and simple.

Spent the afternoon house hunting/checking out open houses.
I guess that's exercise? I used to mall walk most days. Might have to get into the habit when I lose my shopping mall phobia.

#189286 - 06/26/05 05:20 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

First of all the scale said 131 this morning and I was pretty bummed. Nevertheless I looked ok in tight bike shorts and stretchy bike top. Altough my thighs are still huge. I am not sure what is going on.
Ok
B: MOM with some strawberry jam/sauce 250 and 4g
before biking 1 piece turkey 25 .5g
lunch after biking: luna, fruit (mango, ban, strawberries) a few cashews for protein 340 and 9.5g
some soy ice cream after a nap (wasn't feeling well at all) 130 and 3.5g
dinner: chicken enchiladas and baby carrots. 375 and 8g
Total so far: (might have sorbet) 1120 and 25.5 20% fat.
Dessert: sorbet and 2 ginger snaps 140 and 2g
New total 1260 and 27.5 grams.
Exercise: biked 20 miles in high wind (just like last Sunday). Also did situps and Roman chair but no weights. Burned 800 cals.
Ok if only this day will make up for yesterday and several others!
Other: I felt very lousy after biking and lunch. I had to stay home and nap and then I felt bad for another 2 hours. I was just crummy and sort of dizzy/icky/headachy/achy. I am not sure if it was all my bug bites!!! or the drink last night or what. I do get this way from time to time. Sometimes I just need to poop frankly. Also it is so hot and humid here and that makes me feel bad.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Edited by Little Minnie (06/26/05 06:12 PM)

Shannon's HERE new
      #189311 - 06/26/05 07:00 PM
_Willow

Reged: 04/06/05
Loc: Canada.

Ok
So far today:

1 tsp margarine
2 Top Dogs hot dogs w. marg, ketchup and must.& white bread
1 cup Chicken noodle Soup
Life Cereal with soy milk
2 chai tea lattes
1 tiamo tea/berry smoothies(so yummy) and SAFE!

Dinner will be 1/2 chicken breast in teriyaki, with butternut squash and probably rice. I'm atoning for sins now!!

Will go for a 1/2 hour walk. it's so hard to get motivated when I'm expecting an ark to show up with Noah and co soon....

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Re: strawberries new
      #189327 - 06/26/05 08:10 PM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

I would love to have some strawberries! What did you do about the seeds? How did you cook the strawberries in order to make strawberry-sauce? I'm not a terribly good cook, so how exactly do you stew strawberries?

Thanks for your help!

#189339 - 06/26/05 08:58 PM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

pre-breakfast: Luna Bar

breakfast: oatmeal, 2 slices of toast

snack: Corn Pops w/ soy milk

napped through lunch

snack: Luna Bar

dinner: Thai Kitchen Ginger Rice Noodles, 1/2 PB sandwich, pureed peaches w/ cinnamon (baby food)

snack: Honey Nut Cheerios

snack: flour tortilla

yes we should talk about strawberries new
      #189541 - 06/27/05 11:52 AM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

Right now I am redoing my strawberry jam. This year's berries were less flavorful and more watery than other year's. We had a lot of rain this spring and I think that was it. Well that is all I have to say. Anyone else?

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

LOL Wind, I just LOVE your mushroom-mania..... new
      #189544 - 06/27/05 11:58 AM
_Willow

Reged: 04/06/05
Loc: Canada.

I used to have a big crush on the little blue ones that make Alice go to wonderland!
LOL! But that was a LONG time ago, and I'm a VERY good girl now.I only did them 5 times, if that. But it was funn.....

The tomato asked why the mushroom was always at parties, and he answered "Because I'm a fungi!!"

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Re: strawberry experiment no. 1 new
      #189583 - 06/27/05 01:40 PM
Wind

It was my first experiment playing Prometheus with fruit, beyond a little grilling and baking, I confess. I've only mostly worked with raw fruit, in the past, and only in the food processor or juicer. However, now, I think I'll be playing with fire! I confess, I'm an "applesauce virgin."

I just followed the basic baby food tip for experiment number one with berries and just simmered them in a small amount of water, maybe a quarter to a third of a cup after letting them reach the boiling point. Then I stuck them in the food processor. The heat really softens the fruit, the way it does a vegetable and releases the sugars/flavours. I ate the seeds. I suppose you could strain them if they bother you. Do tomatoe seeds bug you? Banana seeds? Zucchini seeds?

I must be going through a weird 31st birthday thing, sort of making jam...like Monica in that FRIENDS episode: "No Man, make jam." I added a twist of lime and they tasted wicked.
You can play with the simmering liquid, reduce them with alcohol -- the booze evaporates/cooks off-- make a great dressing with some balsalmic vinegar and maybe some honey/lime juice--kind of like the beet vinaigrette you posted on the recipe board. I confess, I was one of those kids that ate jam with a spoon or ate all the jam fruit. You could reduce them with juice even. Hmmm...strawberry tequila? Strawberry and champagne vinegar? Strawberry salsa? I must investigate this.

I guess you stew fruit as you would stew anything else. Have you ever had compote?

Edited by Wind (06/27/05 01:50 PM)

Not-Sore-Anymore, you're too punny--n.t. new
      #189586 - 06/27/05 01:43 PM
Wind

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 92 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3328

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review