All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)
I just bought a jump rope! new
      #189095 - 06/25/05 11:08 AM
Sore_No_More

Reged: 06/24/05
Loc: Sherwoopd Park, Ab.Canada

Currently I can't use it till the asthma and allergies settle down, but I am planning on it. It's one of those childhood toy things!

Right now I can only jump for 2 mins without having a wheeze attack!

--------------------
Shannon, IBS A, happily stable! (well, mostly)

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Ok, weird. I was lost in cyberspace for HOURS... new
      #189108 - 06/25/05 01:25 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

Not-Sore-Anymore! Your honestly is admirable. I love your "journalling." Wow! You're really on a "roll," or a "good streak" this weekend! You seem to be learning in your assesments and writing yourself "encouraging notes for future reference," i.e. "It didn't even taste worth it." I'm glad you're pooping with ease. I suspect that your discipline and diligence and CALORIC ACCOUNTING/BANKING
will show results/rewards and your overall IBS will improve.

Re: Exercise new
      #189110 - 06/25/05 01:38 PM
Wind

Maria!Maria! you aren't being nosey. My doctor doesn't want me to exercise because my bloodwork is showing muscle wasting and sweating/exercise tends to throw off my electrolytes. I get cramps and tired and woozy and pass out easily and the heat/sun/light is really draining for me and conflicts with my anti-convulsants for epilepsy. You are right--I could use a few more calories, but I am at a loss re: how to get them. I fill up so very quickly. I'm trying hard, though. I also have really bad teeth and just no desire of late to chew. Maybe I'm just bummed. Typical nervous tummy/gut response with regard to calories. I'm really physically lazy and my body fat percentage is really really low. I'm eating carrots and beets again, just for the sf and calories--go figure. It's strange--I just feel kind of like I have the flu or a virus, lately. Lack of sleep is a real appetite depressant. Yes, I'm totatlly an emotional undereater or under-exerciser. Years ago, I used to hike for miles all over the world and dance. I don't really need more than 1200 or 1400 calories to maintain my weight anyways. I'm tiny boned and somewhere between 5'6" and 5'7" in height. I don't own a scale, but my jeans are getting loser. Somedays, I'd rather sleep than eat! Plus, I'm a little too "healthy." I just don't eat much processed foods and I don't bake and I'm single and the only one I feed. Sorry for babbling.

#189120 - 06/25/05 02:15 PM
Kristin940

Reged: 05/04/05
Loc: Massachusetts

Kate!
Take care of yourself, gosh! Im sorry to hear about your "fragile" body and it def sounds as if exercise would not be in order for you, at least for now!

What does the doctor suggest for "muscle wasting?"

Well, take care of yourself there!!! Yes, I am an over-worrier but, in reading what you wrote, I could not help it!!!

Take care,
Kristen

Wind: new
      #189121 - 06/25/05 02:21 PM
Sore_No_More

Reged: 06/24/05
Loc: Sherwoopd Park, Ab.Canada

Not-Sore-Anymore! Your honestly is admirable.

Thank you so much! I really appreciate that. I'm a bad bad liar. Thankfully, so is my DH.

I love your "journalling." Wow! You're really on a "roll," or a "good streak" this weekend! You seem to be learning in your assesments and writing yourself "encouraging notes for future reference," i.e. "It didn't even taste worth it."
Well, I know I can do better, and being the perfectionist and teacher that i am, I expect the best from myself, but I know it won't be overnight, and my nutritionists goal for me is 1 lb a week. Hey, it took 10 years to get TO this weight...it won't take a week to go back to where I need to be.

I'm glad you're pooping with ease. I suspect that your discipline and diligence and CALORIC ACCOUNTING/BANKING
will show results/rewards and your overall IBS will improve.
Actually, my IBS has improved dramatically form a few months ago. Right now, I'd have to say I'm stable, ebcause after yesterday, and a burger on Thurs, I'm still OK and regular. I need to ahve you guys and Fitday to keep me whipped though, or I will cheat and get back to miserable. Thanks a million, Wind, and all my fans! I'm your fan too!

--------------------
Shannon, IBS A, happily stable! (well, mostly)

#189145 - 06/25/05 05:08 PM
Wind

Basically, no exercise/heavy lifting is the main piece of advice. She routinely moniters my blood, i.e. monthly. It's so bizarre but she can literally see how stressed out I am by my blood counts--white/red blood cells. She thinks the muscle wasting is related to my perpetually low sodium levels. She gave me a royal lecture for not using salt for years and years. This medical condition is not due to protein deficiency in the least. My anti-convulsants just deplete my sodium levels and cause vitamin/mineral depletion/deficiencies really easily. I find, though, that by following an alkalizing diet focussed on veggies and fruits I am finally free and clear of those nutritional deficiencies! My body, with IBS, just cannot handle the raw as it formerly could. I know--the veggies and fruits part sounds scary, but the ones I consume the most of are sf. My body just rejects vitamin pills and I go for B-12 shots periodically.

I do get "bummed" out and in foul moods where I just don't talk for a few weeks. Sometimes, I forget how to behave like a civilized woman, Barbarian that I am inside of my house!

I'm a worry-wart, too! People who think too much, curse us and bless us. Thanks for inquiring. My body is just warped! I think my brain just melted one day and turned me into a physical marshmellow. I'd better start doing yoga again, Gumby-woman that I am!!! Mostly I've been doing meditation and hypno. lately.

#189147 - 06/25/05 05:36 PM
Kristin940

Reged: 05/04/05
Loc: Massachusetts

Hi Kate!
Well,everyone gets in foul moods from time and time. And it certainly sounds like you've dealt with a lot in your short lifetime thus far, so it is most certainly warranted. Sleep deprivation certainly doesn't help mood either!

Take care of you!
Kristen

thank you but new
      #189179 - 06/26/05 06:37 AM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

I have not been losing any weight! I am pretty bummed this morning. My goal was 125 by the end of the month and I got down to 128.5 and I somehow ended up back at 131.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

You're still doing great!! new
      #189315 - 06/26/05 07:04 PM
_Willow

Reged: 04/06/05
Loc: Canada.

I think we're the same height-I'm 5'2 and I'm praying to get to 135 lbs. So you hang in there. And by the way, I think you are just GORGEOUS!!

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

oh my thanks! -nt new
      #189546 - 06/27/05 11:59 AM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 46 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 8346

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review