All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
REPORTING IN - 6/24/05
      #188799 - 06/23/05 08:28 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Everyone post their report for what you did on 6/24 here.... mine will follow later....

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: REPORTING IN - 6/24/05 new
      #188983 - 06/24/05 05:25 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

Slept in. Remained indoors. Sedentary. (No exertion/outdoor activity or sports as ordered by M.D.)

--applesauce 1/2 c. (x2)***not at once
--verde sauce du jour (verde=green): green bean/spinach/dill/parsley
--2 carrots ***organic, roasted--regular carrots cause supreme problems for me***
--1.5 c. golden beets (roasted)***yum, must buy more at market***
--assorted mushrooms (I'm not confessing how many as I'll appear a glutton. I don't know why I'm craving them. Selenium? Penicillin? Pro-biotic effect? Earthy texture?)
--zucchini sticks--great for dunking in the green sauce!

Later on? I'm still not at 1000 calories, so something is in order. Probably more applesauce. Lately, due to nausea and resistance to swallowing medications, I just put them in applesauce or my green sauce and it really disguises the vileness of them.

It's really challenging to exert much energy in the heat.
I don't miss the raw lettuce a bit as it was draining me and causing D and attacks. Somehow the carrots and the applesauce are doing wonders in healing the tract. Horse food? I don't know, but with a few carrots and some applesauce in me, this almost 31 year-old bag feels so much better. I'm an ex-bunny ready to "Neigh!" Uh oh...I'm starting to compare myself to HORSES!!! Don't tell Little Minnie.

I just didn't feel like any grain, today. I don't know why.
I go through phases like this, but I get tons of sf. Somehow applesauce versus cereal was what bod asked for and mouth just didn't want to chew noodles or rice or anything like that. Maybe my ph was off? Maybe I've got a bug?

72g protein (35%)/191g carb (57%)/ 7g fat (8%), incidentally without the addition of a snack along the lines of applesauce or a mango factorerd in, later. Naturally over-nutritioned.

Edited by Wind (06/24/05 05:43 PM)

#189001 - 06/24/05 07:06 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

B: MOM and raisins 270 3g
snacks and lunch: 1 banana, 1 mango, PB&J on homemade bread, pretzels, luna, 1 lime bar 900 cals and 13.5 fat
dinner: (on a hungry tummy ) salmon, rice, asparagus 350 cals and 12g?
total so far: 1520 and 28.5 fat I think. 17% fat.
Exercise: worked 7 hours in high heat and was active affter work.
Liquid: it was hot out today. I lost count of water intake but at last count it was around 100oz.
Dang I forgot the Gatorade, add 125 cals.
Other: I have not felt as thin lately as I did a week ago or so. Also had 2 advil after getting stung by a horsefly.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Ok, weird. I was lost in cyberspace for HOURS... new
      #189022 - 06/24/05 09:23 PM
Sore_No_More

Reged: 06/24/05
Loc: Sherwoopd Park, Ab.Canada

but I found my way to you. i'm dedicated to making this better.

I ate like CRAP today.
Breakfast-2 sl. multigrain toast w/ marg. & 2 mugs chai tea.
Snack-2 rice cakes
Lunch-Booster Juice Smoothie
Snack-some Crispers and Butter Spindles pretzels-totally safe and Awesome good, Canadians....
Dinner-3 oz Chicken breast, 4 oz garlic toast,3 oz greek salad and 2 oz roasted veg.
2 glasses Coors light beer
Red alert!! Dessert- Chocolate molten lava cake and 3 tbsp ice cream. It didn't even taste worth it.

Wow-oddly enough, target was 1800 cals and I only had about 100 over including the beer etc. that's ok bec. some days I can't MAKE it to 1800.

Exercise: 20 mins walking randomly throughout day. Not a big workout day. But still...OK.

But guess what? Other than bloating? NO SYMPTOMS AT ALL!! I went 2 nice soft ones today! And every day this week in fact!

--------------------
Shannon, IBS A, happily stable! (well, mostly)

#189028 - 06/24/05 09:54 PM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

pre-breakfast: Luna Bar

breakfast: oatmeal, 1 slice of toast

snack: bowl of Crispix w/ soy milk, 1 slice of toast

lunch: 1/2 PB sandwich, banana, chips

snack: Luna Bar

dinner: Thai Kitchen Ginger Rice Noodles, apple/banana/strawberry puree (baby food!)

snack: flour tortilla, Crispix (dry)

Not into variety this week. And not too hungry--maybe stress? --the heat? --work? Also dealing with some family stuff, grandfather's ailing health.

Re: Exercise new
      #189030 - 06/24/05 10:02 PM
lalala

Hello there, Kate. I hope I'm not being nosy when I ask why the dr's recommendation is for you NOT to exert yourself or exercise. Is this because you're getting such a low amount of calories? Medications? Last fall, I was barely getting 1000 calories myself; now it ranges from 1400-1800, which means I've been staying at 110 since March (I think?), and I have more energy so I probably should have some sort of exercise routine. Atm, I'm not exercising either, except for the standing and lifting I do at work and cleaning up around the house (which never seems to end). I've been trying to go for walks, just around my apartment complex and lifting free weights, but I haven't been very consistent. I have a little trampoline, but with the Buspar it makes me feel wooooooozy; perhaps I'll try jump roping, an old favorite.

Re: Ouch! new
      #189031 - 06/24/05 10:04 PM
lalala

I was stung by a horsefly once! I couldn't believe how much it hurt!

I also wanted to say that I admire all the exercise, outdoor activity, and bike riding you do. It's awesome that you're doing so well!

Re: Ok, weird. I was lost in cyberspace for HOURS... new
      #189032 - 06/24/05 10:07 PM
lalala

It sounds like overall this week you've done an excellent job on your diet! I hope that yummy-sounding dessert doesn't cause any problems for you this weekend (dinner sounded really good, too).

WHAT?! NO SYMPTOMS AT ALL?! ROCK ON!!! I think it's fantastic how well you're doing--two soft ones! Whoo-hoo! I love it when having a BM is effortless.

Aww! You make me feel so....NOT WEIRD! new
      #189092 - 06/25/05 11:04 AM
Sore_No_More

Any other non IBSer has no clue the significance of 2 softies!

Yeah, no pain today after the choc. And finally, my weight is moving back DOWN! I'm still 1 lb above my 13 pound loss, but it climbed when I stopped exercising for a while.

Today will be a concerted effort to be a good girl. Thank you for the support, and i think the more I eat right, the less I'll feel tempted to cave in.

That being said, i will NEVER give up the odd drink, nor can i say adios to chocolate. Everything else is so over for me. I just had a burger bec. I've been told I'm allowed red meat once a week, carefully.

Ciao!

--------------------

LOL! Up north here...towards Alaska new
      #189093 - 06/25/05 11:06 AM
Sore_No_More

our horseflies are HUGE and EVERYWHERE and you come home from an arctic vacation with red marks all over your body. They are NOT fun!!

--------------------

I just bought a jump rope! new
      #189095 - 06/25/05 11:08 AM
Sore_No_More

Currently I can't use it till the asthma and allergies settle down, but I am planning on it. It's one of those childhood toy things!

Right now I can only jump for 2 mins without having a wheeze attack!

--------------------

Re: Ok, weird. I was lost in cyberspace for HOURS... new
      #189108 - 06/25/05 01:25 PM
Wind

Not-Sore-Anymore! Your honestly is admirable. I love your "journalling." Wow! You're really on a "roll," or a "good streak" this weekend! You seem to be learning in your assesments and writing yourself "encouraging notes for future reference," i.e. "It didn't even taste worth it." I'm glad you're pooping with ease. I suspect that your discipline and diligence and CALORIC ACCOUNTING/BANKING
will show results/rewards and your overall IBS will improve.

#189110 - 06/25/05 01:38 PM
Wind

Maria!Maria! you aren't being nosey. My doctor doesn't want me to exercise because my bloodwork is showing muscle wasting and sweating/exercise tends to throw off my electrolytes. I get cramps and tired and woozy and pass out easily and the heat/sun/light is really draining for me and conflicts with my anti-convulsants for epilepsy. You are right--I could use a few more calories, but I am at a loss re: how to get them. I fill up so very quickly. I'm trying hard, though. I also have really bad teeth and just no desire of late to chew. Maybe I'm just bummed. Typical nervous tummy/gut response with regard to calories. I'm really physically lazy and my body fat percentage is really really low. I'm eating carrots and beets again, just for the sf and calories--go figure. It's strange--I just feel kind of like I have the flu or a virus, lately. Lack of sleep is a real appetite depressant. Yes, I'm totatlly an emotional undereater or under-exerciser. Years ago, I used to hike for miles all over the world and dance. I don't really need more than 1200 or 1400 calories to maintain my weight anyways. I'm tiny boned and somewhere between 5'6" and 5'7" in height. I don't own a scale, but my jeans are getting loser. Somedays, I'd rather sleep than eat! Plus, I'm a little too "healthy." I just don't eat much processed foods and I don't bake and I'm single and the only one I feed. Sorry for babbling.

#189120 - 06/25/05 02:15 PM
Kristin940

Reged: 05/04/05
Loc: Massachusetts

Kate!
Take care of yourself, gosh! Im sorry to hear about your "fragile" body and it def sounds as if exercise would not be in order for you, at least for now!

What does the doctor suggest for "muscle wasting?"

Well, take care of yourself there!!! Yes, I am an over-worrier but, in reading what you wrote, I could not help it!!!

Take care,
Kristen

Wind: new
      #189121 - 06/25/05 02:21 PM
Sore_No_More

Not-Sore-Anymore! Your honestly is admirable.

Thank you so much! I really appreciate that. I'm a bad bad liar. Thankfully, so is my DH.

I love your "journalling." Wow! You're really on a "roll," or a "good streak" this weekend! You seem to be learning in your assesments and writing yourself "encouraging notes for future reference," i.e. "It didn't even taste worth it."
Well, I know I can do better, and being the perfectionist and teacher that i am, I expect the best from myself, but I know it won't be overnight, and my nutritionists goal for me is 1 lb a week. Hey, it took 10 years to get TO this weight...it won't take a week to go back to where I need to be.

I'm glad you're pooping with ease. I suspect that your discipline and diligence and CALORIC ACCOUNTING/BANKING
will show results/rewards and your overall IBS will improve.
Actually, my IBS has improved dramatically form a few months ago. Right now, I'd have to say I'm stable, ebcause after yesterday, and a burger on Thurs, I'm still OK and regular. I need to ahve you guys and Fitday to keep me whipped though, or I will cheat and get back to miserable. Thanks a million, Wind, and all my fans! I'm your fan too!

--------------------

#189145 - 06/25/05 05:08 PM
Wind

Basically, no exercise/heavy lifting is the main piece of advice. She routinely moniters my blood, i.e. monthly. It's so bizarre but she can literally see how stressed out I am by my blood counts--white/red blood cells. She thinks the muscle wasting is related to my perpetually low sodium levels. She gave me a royal lecture for not using salt for years and years. This medical condition is not due to protein deficiency in the least. My anti-convulsants just deplete my sodium levels and cause vitamin/mineral depletion/deficiencies really easily. I find, though, that by following an alkalizing diet focussed on veggies and fruits I am finally free and clear of those nutritional deficiencies! My body, with IBS, just cannot handle the raw as it formerly could. I know--the veggies and fruits part sounds scary, but the ones I consume the most of are sf. My body just rejects vitamin pills and I go for B-12 shots periodically.

I do get "bummed" out and in foul moods where I just don't talk for a few weeks. Sometimes, I forget how to behave like a civilized woman, Barbarian that I am inside of my house!

I'm a worry-wart, too! People who think too much, curse us and bless us. Thanks for inquiring. My body is just warped! I think my brain just melted one day and turned me into a physical marshmellow. I'd better start doing yoga again, Gumby-woman that I am!!! Mostly I've been doing meditation and hypno. lately.

#189147 - 06/25/05 05:36 PM
Kristin940

Reged: 05/04/05
Loc: Massachusetts

Hi Kate!
Well,everyone gets in foul moods from time and time. And it certainly sounds like you've dealt with a lot in your short lifetime thus far, so it is most certainly warranted. Sleep deprivation certainly doesn't help mood either!

Take care of you!
Kristen

thank you but new
      #189179 - 06/26/05 06:37 AM
Little Minnie

I have not been losing any weight! I am pretty bummed this morning. My goal was 125 by the end of the month and I got down to 128.5 and I somehow ended up back at 131.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

You're still doing great!! new
      #189315 - 06/26/05 07:04 PM
_Willow

Reged: 04/06/05
Loc: Canada.

I think we're the same height-I'm 5'2 and I'm praying to get to 135 lbs. So you hang in there. And by the way, I think you are just GORGEOUS!!

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

oh my thanks! -nt new
      #189546 - 06/27/05 11:59 AM
Little Minnie

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 113 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 8345

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review