All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

View all threads Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Anybody else have this problem?
      #188069 - 06/22/05 04:31 AM
MomOfBoyz

Reged: 04/21/05

Every time I try to start an exercise program, my guts get WORSE for several days. I work out in the early evening due to my schedule, and then wake up the next day with tons of gas and heartburn, and nausea. Is this something that will go away if I just work through it? It's the reason I haven't been able to stick with a fitness routine. I know it will be good for me in the end, but I'm kind of scared to keep at it because I don't want to feel bad. This whole IBS deal has made me an anxious basket case.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Anybody else have this problem? new
      #188072 - 06/22/05 04:46 AM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

A lot of times when I run I feel nauseous at first, and when I was doing distances I would have some serious d too. I did just work through it. What kinds of things are you doing? Some exercises are probably harder on your stomach than others. It might help to do something like swim laps, which seems easier on your stomach. at first, just to get you going.

#188074 - 06/22/05 04:52 AM
MomOfBoyz

I have a recumbent stationary bike that is easy on my poor old joints and parked under the ceiling fan. I have a thyroid problem and don't do heat well. I've also noticed that the humidity down here in Georgia makes me feel worse, so I stay indoors a lot. I wish I had access to a pool, but my bike is about it. I also had the same problems with walking. I guess my gut muscles are just getting a wake-up call after years of disuse. All my problems started after the birth of my six-year-old, got better when he was about two and a half, and came back when the two-year-old was born. I just want to be back to normal!

If you're haviing reflux regularly... new
      #188109 - 06/22/05 06:22 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

...you could well have GERDs and this needs to be treated with meds (and can be done so very successfully).

How about something gentler like yoga? If I do anything strenuous in hot weather, I ALWAYS get D and cramps. Luckily the humidity here isn't an issue so I can walk too. But yoga under the ceiling fan would be nice.

Re: If you're haviing reflux regularly... new
      #188133 - 06/22/05 07:08 AM
MomOfBoyz

I almost never get reflux, so this is a bit strange for me. It seems, though, that it may be viral this time. The baby has diarrhea and a slight fever, and he feels crappy, too. I'll be glad when he's a little older and doesn't catch everything that comes along!

#188137 - 06/22/05 07:19 AM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

Is your bike inside or outside? If it's outside, I would move it in- heat is terrible for IBS and the combo of it and the exercising could be what's doing you in.

On the other hand, if you have the flu I hope you feel better soon!!

#188168 - 06/22/05 07:58 AM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

I'm wondering if it's related to what you eat at supper. I would be SUPER careful what you eat at supper - or eat after you work out. See if that makes a diff. Also, try getting up first thing in the morning (if possible, I know it SUCKS), and see if that is any different for you. Try eating a very light supper and see if that changes anything. You can have a light snack at bedtime to make up for the supper.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 37 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3169

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review