All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)
Thanks!!-nt new
      #188763 - 06/23/05 05:00 PM
epa_ginger

Reged: 02/23/05
Loc: Chicago, IL

--------------------

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

I think that is super sweet... new
      #188766 - 06/23/05 05:03 PM
epa_ginger

to wear your mom's dress. My mom actually made our christening gowns with the material from her (also homemade) dress, and with the leftovers she made my ring pillow!!! I loved having that peice of her wedding in mine.

--------------------

Re: I got married so long ago.... new
      #188782 - 06/23/05 05:43 PM
LittleLisa

Reged: 06/22/04
Loc: USA

Me too That was the day of VHS videoing, remember that! We've been married for 14 years now and my dress was so pretty. It was pink. I wish I could show ya'll. Unfortunately they are in a big, huge, photo album
So Not Fair!!!!!

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

Re: epa ginger new
      #188784 - 06/23/05 05:50 PM
LittleLisa

Was viewing your wedding pic....just lovely!!! Oh and that honeymoon, to die for!!! I'd never do something like that. I'm not a very good traveler

Anyway, couldn't help to notice your comment about your adorable hubby being 27 and almost bald. My hubby was almost bald at our wedding too and he started going bald around 18 or so. Is your hubby self conscious of it? Mine wears a hat 24/7 except in work. He HATES it. I'd never trade him for the world I tell him that I don't care how much hair he has, he's the best. He's almos completely bald now and being 39 it's tough for him. He loves the summer months when he can tan his head and just shave the "ring" around his head off completely.

Mind sharing how your hubby deals????

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

Edited by LittleLisa (06/23/05 05:52 PM)

Don't mind at all!! new
      #188785 - 06/23/05 05:55 PM
epa_ginger

He started losing his hair when he was...hmm...23 for real I guess. It hit a plateau for a while and just recently sped up quite a bit!! I don't think he's that self-concious, he NEVER wears hats unless he's out in the sun for long periods. I think it helps that I tell him all the time that I think he looks better now than back in college when he had hair---which it the total truth. He's much more manly now and has a good face that does not require hair! I think he was mentally prepared because his dad went bald (and gray!) early too.
Right now, he cuts it really really short (I have to help him) and it looks fine that way. I feel bad that your hubby has to wear hats....when are men going to get it---we don't CARE about the baldness!!! I'd prefer bald over long and shaggy any day. have you seen how some high school boys are wearing their hair now?? ICK!!!

Oh and yeah, my husband's pretty pale..and doesn't really tan at all, and I just don't care.

The funny thing is, as the hair on his head started departing, the hair everywhere else started growing like crazy!! I could follow him around with a dustbuster all day vacuuming up the hair that comes off his gorilla arms and legs!!!

--------------------

Re: Don't mind at all!! new
      #188787 - 06/23/05 06:07 PM
LittleLisa

LOL isn't that the truth. He says all the time why can my hair grow everywhere else but on my head!!!! He has sort of a manly face but not manly enough to him I guess. He thinks men that are "huge and built" look fine bald. He's only 5'6 with a "6 pack ab", however, no one hardly sees that! I enjoy it though he he!

Anyway,he does have a mustache which he threatens to shave off all the time. I tell him he needs to keep it since he's bald. Takes away from the balding I think! Wanna know how pathetic it is in our house? My boys who are 10 & 7 come home with pictures they draw at school of their family and daddy has a hat on in EVERY picture. It's so awful!!!

Yes, the boys as young as 10 are refusing to get haircuts these days! They look like they belong with the "Beatle's"
My 10 year old tried it with me. I said oh no! You are getting your hair cut!

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

The veil's turning into a family heirloom! new
      #188816 - 06/23/05 11:18 PM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

It was my mother-in-law's...she didn't care much about her dress but wanted a real lace veil! It's soooo gorgeous - but heavy! My hair was so clean, it kept on slipping about.

Yep, a sapphire... new
      #188817 - 06/23/05 11:21 PM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

...and two teeny diamonds to set it off. I love that ring...we couldn't find anything I liked in the shops so we got it specially made.

Re: Yep, a sapphire... new
      #188835 - 06/24/05 05:25 AM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

My ring is very similar! It's also a sapphire with three little diamonds on each side that form a triangle. We also had it made- we picked a diamond setting from one store and went and picked out a sapphire from the other. That was an interesting experience, I'd never picked out a gem before!

Re: I love sapphires! new
      #188847 - 06/24/05 06:47 AM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

I'm a September baby. I have a sapphire ring and earrings. Love them!

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 65 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 105664

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review