All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)
Re: Maria!Maria! Bumper stickers and t-shirts and buttons new
      #186736 - 06/16/05 01:47 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

Yes, it would make a great BUMper stick-her or t-shirt and it would literally crack me up. I'm sorry but I've got the most graphically twisted mind sometimes--and sometimes I don't know what I've said until it my mouth or my fingers emit the words or the phrase. Email me anytime. katenowak@msn.com.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Wind, you crack me up! new
      #186738 - 06/16/05 01:53 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

Maria - just wanted to say it's nice to see your pretty face!

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

Re: REPORTING IN - 6/15/05 new
      #186783 - 06/16/05 07:25 PM
little bear

Reged: 12/22/04
Loc: chicago

hi minnie--
i have a ball too--what type of ball exercises do you do? do you have any killer-good ones for the obliques?? i hate mine

--------------------
VEGAN ASHLEY~IBS/C

www.myspace.com/dutchflowers

Q about your green purees... new
      #186784 - 06/16/05 07:29 PM
little bear

Reged: 12/22/04
Loc: chicago

..how do you eat your green purees?? i saw once you used green chard?? i cook that and mix it into mashed 'tatoes but would love to add more greens. i know theyre important and the amount of veggies has been bumped up to 7 now. do you puree them and drink them in a shake? or in a bowl as a soup?? thanks in advance!

--------------------
VEGAN ASHLEY~IBS/C

www.myspace.com/dutchflowers

Re: Q about your green purees... new
      #186786 - 06/16/05 07:57 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

Re: My green monsters--or gorilla food. I eat them as soups or smoothies just as a green sauce, i.e. for the 'taters you mentioned--potatoe/green sundaes anyone?
That's one option. Do you like noodles? I love them with rice noodles/pastas, or most grains, i.e. fragrant rices, millet, quinoa--whatever, including veggies high in sf. Chard is great. I love using rainbow chard!!! Or mixing chard/spinach. You can combine just about any veg. with the greens if it suits your mood. Green bean/spinach, asparagus/spinach (or chard), zucchini works too. I personally detest kale--even the smell of it makes me gag. If you ever cook it, you'll totally understand why (it smells like pork) and collards affect me as broccoli does. If you feel soupy, i.e. the need to use a spoon, just use less water or broth/stock. They're great for chapati or tortillas or with rice crackers, dumplings, even zucchini sticks and mushrooms--use you're imagination. Totally easy on the body, very gentle--i.e. smooth and creamy and blended like a smoothie. I add fresh herbs, etc. Greens cook really fast. It's so funny--I was eating it the other day and I thought, this stuff looks like paint! You can do it with most any colour. I've even eaten it with cream of white rice!
They're the kind of sauce that you can just eat and eat and eat more later. They're very versatile. Some non-vegans have used them as fish sauces/chicken sauces or swirled into egg white omelettles, souffles, etc. They go down really nice and easy and smooth with some sf. Sometimes you just need to spoon feed yourself. Often, though, I eat them with a fork--they're creamy and totally blended and velvety smooth--and sf of my choice. Usually I leave the sf separate, i.e. do not blend it with the green monsters but eat it with the green monsters. I've even eaten them with boiled plaintain or banana. Seriously! For potatoe, I would keep the green separate from the potatoe but eat them in the same nutrition break.

swiss ball + obliques... new
      #186800 - 06/16/05 10:27 PM
retrograde

Reged: 04/15/04

Rudely butting in

A killer one for the obliques that I do on the ball is -- (now lets see if I can explain this well enough...) lie on the ball on your side with your feet on the floor, so you're kind of standing on the sides of your feet and your body is about at a 45 degree angle with your hip resting on the ball. Then you do crunches to the side - so you 'crunch' movement is like tilting to the side, targeting the obliques.

Oh I'm doing a horrible job of painting a picture here... so here's one I found on the web: http://www.netfit.co.uk/assets/abs_small_ok/121.jpg

I also do this at the gym on the hyperextension bench, usually with a weight or plate in my hand. Really feel that one in the obliques the next morning!

HTH!

Thank you, HanSolo! -nt- new
      #186802 - 06/16/05 10:48 PM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

Re: Maria!Maria! Bumper stickers and t-shirts and buttons new
      #186803 - 06/16/05 10:50 PM
lalala

Thanks for giving me your email address! I'll probably email you in a few days--once my work week is over!

Can't wait to have you back with us full-time! new
      #186804 - 06/16/05 10:55 PM
lalala

I hope everything's going well with you. Take care!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 38 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 11782

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review