All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
ladies,(and the odd gent!) I need you to kick my butt into reporting, I think....
      #185616 - 06/10/05 07:25 PM
_Willow

Reged: 04/06/05
Loc: Canada.

I'm feeling so much better and am doing well with the diet and my supplements, but I'm not watching my calories or anything like that. I do include about 1-2 no-no's every day, because it seems I can handle it. i need you to help me NOT CHEAT!!

Anyone?

i have 45 lbs to lose and I really want to, but lost 13 right off the bat and now NOTHING.

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Oh, me too. new
      #185661 - 06/11/05 07:41 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

I've been doing so badly...and feeling ill b/c of it. Now I'm trying to stick to the diet AND log my cals on fitday. But I KEEP on falling off this darn wagon.

LINZ, Thanks for being my ONLY reply!!! new
      #185721 - 06/11/05 12:20 PM
_Willow

I go to Fitday but...I found it to be such a severe pain in the butt to log on all the food, so I just journal, and try to remember to write down every time I get exercise.

i really need support for this. I feel like I'm getting into a bit of a funk and I need to get snapped out of it!! I really need the support, I'm not just talking, people...Please? Is anyone willing to get on my case for this?

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Re: ladies,(and the odd gent!) I need you to kick my butt into reporting, I think.... *DELETED* new
      #185736 - 06/11/05 03:58 PM
Jeano

Reged: 03/20/04
Loc: USA

Post deleted by Jeano

Re: LINZ, Thanks for being my ONLY reply!!! new
      #185737 - 06/11/05 04:01 PM
Linz

How about I'll hassle you if you hassle me?

I love Fitday...do you have a specific issue or do you just not like it?

deal, Linz! new
      #185743 - 06/11/05 04:43 PM
_Willow

So far so good today.
I just actually find it takes me a half hour to figure out portions, sizes, ingredients, etc...and get the darn thing done. it took too long. But reporting in I think will be better.

Then again, I used to eat a lot more frozen, pre packaged crap before. Now I actually attempt to cook. nothing fancy, but hey, I'm cooking!

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

I think I've been pretty good at exercise- new
      #185744 - 06/11/05 04:53 PM
_Willow

I've been getting some form of exercise every day, and going on walks several times a week. I am BASICALLY eating according to Heather's diet, but sometimes i get too much fat, or I get a tiny bit of dairy in there. I really consciously try to avoid dairy, but I find the fat is a little harder.

For example, I eat Becel Margarine. Not too much, but I do, and if I have more than 1 tsp, I have pain. I love peanut butter and have it maybe 1x every 2 weeks... but I do. And it HURTS to no end, both for the GERD and the IBS.

I cannot totally give up chocolate, but I have it so seldom that it's not an issue.

Caffeine, i just can't quit. I have come so far-my 3 coffee MUGS a day has been brought down to 1, maybe 2 Chai tea a day. 3 sips of coffee spins my head. It's a 75% reduction in actual consumed caffeine.

Alcohol, I have one or 2 drinks on a weekend. that's it. not a big pain for me as long as I keep it moderate.

I'm AWFUL AWFUL AWFUL for drinking water though. Unless I keep it beside me and full at all times, i don't drink but for maybe 1 cup a day. Literally. So lately I've been having my metamucil in glasses of water and smoothies too, and I do the best I can at carrying water bottles everywhere with me.

I'm still working on the small meals. It's much easier when I'm teaching, but it's getting to summertime, and I won't have the natural breaks in my day. I'm trying.

But I think I do have the odd issue with eating-where I eat a bit too much-seldom to the point of STUFFED...but maybe I'm not being careful enough with my sugar intake?
I should be losing, and this diet is doing wonders for the IBS, and i have very very little pain, and bloating and am REGULAR!!! but I'm not losing weight. that's still my biggest goal.

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Re: ladies,(and the odd gent!) I need you to kick my butt into reporting, I think.... new
      #185802 - 06/11/05 10:08 PM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

Wow! You've already lost quite a bit of wait! Excellent job!

By not cheating do you mean cheating on the IBS diet or just cheating that keeps you from losing the weight you want to? I'm not very good at butt-kicking, but I'll try to help out and be supportive. I could point out questionable food? I'm not comfortable about critiquing what others eat...but I'll try! I'm trying to gain weight, so feel free to tell me if I'm not eating enough or if it's unhealthy. Then we'll be even!

You'll probably get a lot more replies during the week!

Shannon... new
      #185837 - 06/12/05 09:27 AM
Linz

...you'll get ALOT faster as you go along. Okay, let the arse kicking commence!

Re: Shannon/butt kicker! new
      #185848 - 06/12/05 12:09 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

Congratulations on losing the first thirteen. Discipline and
habits take awhile to solidify and materialize. It truly is a long term thing. I highly suggest using fitday. It's a little like caloric accounting and a totally rational approach to tangible feedback re: energetic intake and expenditure. I know, it takes a few minutes to bother, but it is truly a valuable tool. I use it to make sure I'm eating enough. I've been dropping without intent and need to squeeze in a few more calories and this program gives me feedback re: nutrient consumption. It's also neat to measure your vitamin/mineral intake, etc. If exercise is something you can do, than go for it. Have fun sweating off those pounds. Have you tried green tea in lieu of coffee? I switched and if I have a cup of coffee now my gut rebels.
You lose the bad breath, too. Jasmine green tea is a nice brew. So, my recommendation is basically to get tangible feedback, i.e. numbers, follow the diet and "bank" your calories/energy and sweat a little for the joy of it in a way you designate as pleasurable.

Wind (Kate, IBS-D)

Re: Shannon/butt kicker! new
      #185869 - 06/12/05 01:46 PM
_Willow

Quote:

Congratulations on losing the first thirteen. Discipline and
habits take awhile to solidify and materialize.

Thank you, and I am working at it.

Quote:

It truly is a long term thing. I highly suggest using fitday. It's a little like caloric accounting and a totally rational approach to tangible feedback re: energetic intake and expenditure.

I consistently use the diary and the exercise tools on Fitday, I just don't log in my food right now. However, I was doing it for quite a few months.

Quote:

Have you tried green tea in lieu of coffee? I switched and if I have a cup of coffee now my gut rebels.

I have, but I find it's not flavorful enough for me. I drink chai tea lattes, and it's much lower in caffeine than coffee, and has more mixed in with it than regular tea(it's 1/2 milk) and it works great for me. I get a bad case of the spins from coffee or even normal tea as is -I had 2 cups of reg. tea today and am dizzy and nauseated.

Quote:

So, my recommendation is basically to get tangible feedback, i.e. numbers, follow the diet and "bank" your calories/energy and sweat a little for the joy of it in a way you designate as pleasurable.

Thanks for all your feedback, Wind...it's great. I am working out severeal times a week-I have stubborn fat, that's all. Such is the life of a person on steroids for life, and with asthma pretty seriously. But it will come off more, I know it will. I've gained back 2 from PMS, and that might be why I'm stymied right now. I have faith it'll all turn out, but I just need some reinforcements-kinda like an AA sponsor.
I don't think I was very clear about what I actually Do do, so hopefully this clarifies things. Thanks a million though, I really appreciate the support. maybe I'll get back to logging food on FitDay.

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Ge the steel toes on, girl!! nt new
      #185870 - 06/12/05 01:46 PM
_Willow

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Thanks Maria,.. new
      #185872 - 06/12/05 01:48 PM
_Willow

I think I was just having a whiny few days and wanted a million responses. I know it's slow here on the weekends.

I'd appreciate critiquers of my eating. it hink that's what I need, a check and balance system.

I occasionally have "no-no" foods on Heather's diet, and sometimes, I eat too much or too often of safe foods, as well. That's where I need the help.

And I'll be happy to help you gain, too. Actually, just follow what I do, LOL!!

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Re: Ge the steel toes on, girl!! nt new
      #185900 - 06/12/05 05:17 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

I think you've got a great self-teaching/coaching attitude, Shannon and this will BE the difference. Are you a coach/teacher, perchance? Think of fitday re: numbers as doing your homework. Budget in treats so you avoid that feeling of deprivation. I know, asthma definitely interferes with the exercise factor! Data really makes a difference, as I've said before. Best wishes.

Hmm, how can you tell??? new
      #185918 - 06/12/05 07:46 PM
_Willow

Yep, a substitute teacher. DYING to be a real teacher. I know how Pinocchio felt when he wanted to be a real boy. So much of my IBS stress is from waiting for a classroom of my own.

I like that, the numbers = doing my homework. Great analogy for me. I always liked homework. just not math!

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 109 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 15563

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review