All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
My weight update
      #184610 - 06/08/05 09:19 AM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

So I went from being anorexic to overeating back to anorexia and now I am struggling to only eat when I am hungry...no more no less.

I was overweight at 153 lbs and 5"5 and a half.

I now weigh 140...and it took me a month and a half to two months to lose it!

THIRTEEN POUNDS!!!!!

My goal is to exercise, eat when I'm hungry like I said, and to feel good about my body. No weight in mind. I hope I can do it! I hope I can make it without my ED taking charge. But I'm in OA and I'm posting here. So I'm working it!!!!!

just wanted to share...

Love,
Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: My weight update new
      #184624 - 06/08/05 09:38 AM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

Congratulations, Ruchie! That's so great! I definitely think you can achieve your goals--it sounds like you're already halfway there! My doctor once told me that it's great when you start being your own friend, when you start taking care of yourself the way you take care of others. I see how helpful and loving you are to your friends on this board--I hope you treat yourself with the same care and understanding. You deserve it!

*hugs*

#184888 - 06/08/05 06:54 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

It sounds like body and soul are becoming friends again, Ruchie. It sounds like you are feeding your body foods for the body and your soul foods for the soul (religion, i.e. Judaism) and listening/honouring body,mind, soul, psyche. It sure is challenging getting all aspects of self united and not just about food issues. One of the reasons I'm vegan is because of body and soul issues, i.e. soul and body agree that eating meat is a bad thing. Both body and soul agree that eating for IBS is a good thing for me in this lifetime. Body and soul love the language of MUSIC incidentally. It's nice to hear that you are coming to a deeper understanding everyday and expressing yourself so courageously and creatively. There are weights that the soul bears and weights that the body bears and somehow both manage to move mountains! Continue being well and strong and vibrant creature of life and light.

Your green monster friend who eats like a "Gorilla in the Mist,"
Wind (Kate) IBS-D.

#184940 - 06/08/05 10:20 PM
retrograde

Reged: 04/15/04

Hey Ruch! Congrats on this! I think your attitude towards your body is so healthy right now and I really admire it - feeling good about one's body, numbers (et al) aside.

Swinging between extremes like that must be terribly tough on your mind/body/soul etc. and finding a balance can't be easy - but I definitely think you're on the right track.

I have no doubt in my mind that you can do it!

#185369 - 06/10/05 07:03 AM
little bear

Reged: 12/22/04
Loc: chicago

hey ruchie!!
how are you doing/feeling? i never heard back from you... i hope all is well [?] take care *HUGS*

--------------------
VEGAN ASHLEY~IBS/C

www.myspace.com/dutchflowers

#185491 - 06/10/05 11:40 AM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

I've been posting tons in the Living Room.

I don't think I got an e-mil from you recently...I'll e-mail you right now *hugs*

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 131 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1991

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review