All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)
Re: Luna bars in Canada... new
      #184596 - 06/08/05 08:53 AM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

All the stores that carried Luna bars here (in Vancouver), or at least the ones I used to buy them at, seemed to sell out of all the OLD Luna bars and then never got the new ones in.
I haven't been able to find any for over a month now, I am just planning to really stock up when I go to Seattle.

Oh, and when I used to buy them they were around $2!! Grrrrr.
--Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Purees and protein new
      #184598 - 06/08/05 08:55 AM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

Thanks Kate!

I mostly eat carbs and I've been losing weight this way *gasp*

I forgot you were vegan! Sorry for forgetting!

I'm thrilled that veggies and fruit give us so much protein! Now I won't feel guilty when I don't eat fish/chicken cause it usually makes me feel kinda sick. But I've gotta say...fruit might be on it's way out the window for me as it seems to be making me spacey these days. I guess it's the fructose...too much sugar! Same with tomato sauce...even homemade! I suppose I will just have to puree veggies all day long with my new blender! And eat lots of quinoa (yum....isn't it wonderful!) and brown rice. I hope I can handle these. Something weird is going on with my body right now. I hope I can have rice pasta without tom. sauce without any negative effects. I'll keep you posted!

I suppose I will try to look at this as a challenge. No meat, no dairy, no sugar, limited fruit (for now...until I figure this out),no gluten, no tomatoes! And cucumbers are out cause they bring on IBS attacks right away!

Keep sending me recipes!!!!

P.S. I knew about Millet and Quinoa...but Amaranth I didn't! It's gluten free right? I love trying new things

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

#184600 - 06/08/05 09:00 AM
retrograde

Reged: 04/15/04

I really like the quote in your sig, Ruchie
That's a great song and a great line.

#184602 - 06/08/05 09:02 AM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

Thanks Laurel *hugs*

I tried to e-mail yo a while back btw..but I couldn't find it. I didn't save it from that time you e-mailed me your paper. I hope you got my response...and that you didn't think I was being rude?!

You're very special Laurel...I'm glad you're on the boards!

Love, Ruch

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

#184611 - 06/08/05 09:19 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Quote:

All the stores that carried Luna bars here (in Vancouver), or at least the ones I used to buy them at, seemed to sell out of all the OLD Luna bars and then never got the new ones in.
I haven't been able to find any for over a month now, I am just planning to really stock up when I go to Seattle.

--Steph

Field trip to Whole Foods in Seattle/Bellevue? hehehe Whole Foods said they would get in the 3 NEW flavors the week of the 20th!!

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Re: REPORTING IN - 6/6/05 new
      #184659 - 06/08/05 10:48 AM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

Okay, I'm going to try this again! My goals are to gain weight (ideal weight: 120-125 lbs), maintain the IBS diet so I can continue to be stable, and, eventually, start an exercise program. I was 104 pounds (not good at 5'6") in October and have been holding steady at 110 for the past couple of months. Next weigh in will be June 29, when I see my GP.

pre-breakfast: Chocolate Peppermint Stick Luna bar

breakfast: Quaker Instant Oatmeal Maple & Brown Sugar flavor, one slice toast

snack: bowl of Crispix w/ Vitasoy plain, one slice toast

snack: banana, WholeSoyCo Strawberry Soy Yogurt

dinner: 1/2 grilled chicken sandwich (no toppings), UFO

snack: Chocolate Peppermint Stick Luna Bar

snack: Crispix

Not too hungry today, but I ate as much as I could. I think my lack of appetite had to do with it being that "time of the month" and feeling pretty crampy all day.

#184828 - 06/08/05 03:27 PM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Quote:

Quote:

--Steph

Field trip to Whole Foods in Seattle/Bellevue? hehehe Whole Foods said they would get in the 3 NEW flavors the week of the 20th!!
Definitely!! I am gonna have to look at the website, I can't remember what the new flavours are!
Oooooh, just another reason to be excited about our Seattle trip, yay!!

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

#184938 - 06/08/05 10:15 PM
retrograde

Reged: 04/15/04

Awww thanks Ruchie! YOU are very special too m'dear - and you continue to amaze me

Yeah it was probably me who was the last to reply to that email (of course I didn't think your reply was rude!)... I'll blame the busy-ness of school for my laxity there - SORRY about that!! - and I definitely owe you an email then. Expect one tomorrow. Also my address is in my profile now, in case you're looking for it in the future.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 152 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 14142

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review