All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
REPORTING IN - 6/6/05
      #183823 - 06/05/05 10:32 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Everyone post their report for what you did on 6/6 here.... mine will follow later....

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: REPORTING IN - 6/6/05 new
      #184105 - 06/06/05 06:38 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

I think I've been undereating. So, I shifted my intake.
I'm still not allowed to exercise.

--1 c. puffed rice (I just eat my cereal dry with sea salt)
--1 c. whipped potatoes
--puree of green beans, dill. (added some lemon juice and zest) I'm really "zesty" today.
--beets, parsley, and mesculn (blame Retrograde for turning me into a beetnik again!!!)
--1 c. rice noodles (with lime juice, sea salt, a little lime zest and a splash of seasoned rice vinegar)
--puree of spinach and zucchini (My "green" sauce)
--portabella mushrooms, mesculn ( I won't get into the zesting and the tanging!)

Snack later? Either a little dry cereal or rice crackers.

I feel better without the sprouts and I'm really actually not eating much "salad" when I say mesculn. Let's say I've significantly reduced the "salad." It's just draining me. The leafy parts of my salad are less than 8 bites.

I'm quite satiated and have been eating my meals in true "hobbit" style.
The weather has been hot--a sauna. I know a big salad would give me vicious diarrhea or make me hurl. My body doesn't really like much salad anyways. Roughly a 1/2 dozen bites (forkfulls) is the most my body tolerates without potential problems. I just feel guilty if a salad is not offered. It's a sort of bad habit. Oh well. So my salads are really significantly reduced and I feel eversomuch better and everyday I will feel more comfortable/at ease a negligilble amount of salad. I'd rather eat a beet anyways!

#184107 - 06/06/05 06:46 PM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

Just out of curiosity, how much protein does that provide you?

#184132 - 06/06/05 08:47 PM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

Consumed: 18
Burned: 4
TOTAL: 14

#184136 - 06/06/05 09:11 PM
little bear

Reged: 12/22/04
Loc: chicago

i ate twice today--so no need to put the meals in bold

-*med.sized apple
-*blueberry-peach smoothie w/ff soy and acacia [1TBSP]

-2 bottles of water--better drink some more!
-pilates in the morning--couldnt finish b/c i was too sick
-babysitting from 10-330pm--2 walks w/baby
-bakery-cafe-dishwashing work from 5-10pm

needless to say i didnt get enough of a work out today

--------------------
VEGAN ASHLEY~IBS/C

www.myspace.com/dutchflowers

#184172 - 06/07/05 06:41 AM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

B: MOM and smart balance 270 3g milk 60 and 1g
snacks and lunch: luna, 2 bananas, pretzels, carrots and PB&J, gatorade 950 cals and 11.5g
dinner: Thai chicken breast, some rice, carrots and nibbles of lots of other stuff 600 and 12g
dessert: soy ice cream 150 and 4g
sugar in tea: 40
2010!!! cals and 31.5grams of fat 14% fat.
Exercise: worked 5.5 hours and did weights and ball exercises.
I am never going to lose 5 pounds by the end of the month!

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

#184263 - 06/07/05 09:31 AM
Wind

50+ grams.

#184272 - 06/07/05 09:44 AM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

2 nectarines

about 3 oz. rice pasta

3 cups soup--1 potato leek 2 butternut squash

About 1 tblsp. avacado guacamole--homemade

homemade tomato sauce--1/4 cup

5 or 6 corn thins (23 cals each)

almost 1 tblsp all natural peanut butter

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Purees and protein new
      #184273 - 06/07/05 09:48 AM
Snow for Sarala

I am going to have to try your green bean and dill puree as well as your puree of spinach and zuccini! Is the spinach raw or chopped/frozen?

Where do the 50 grams of protein come from? Is it the rice?

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

#184298 - 06/07/05 10:34 AM
Shell Marr

OK... here is my reporting in......
My BMR = 2083 + I burned 937 calories (60 minutes Turbo Kickboxing Class w/hand weights ) - 730 less calories to get to my goal = 2290 calorie food budget.

Pre-Breakfast (starting at 6am instead of 8:30-9am) : 170 calories Toasted Nutz N Cranberry Luna Bar & Water

Breakfast: 170 calories Toasted Nutz N Cranberry Luna Bar & Water

Snack: 170 calories Toasted Nutz N Cranberry Luna Bar & Water

Lunch (around 2:30pm is a normal time for me): 305 calories 6oz Tuna w/Light Mayo, 1oz Snyders Mini Pretzels & Water

Before Gym: 210 calories Soytein Energy Drink (Chocolate w/Vanilla Silk Soy Milk) & Water

At Gym: 13 calories 4 Altoids

Dinner (between 8-8:30pm, after the gym): 471 calories 10" Flour Tortilla w/3oz Chicken Breast, 3/4 cup Basmati Rice, 4 Tablespoons Seasoned Rice Vinegar & Water

Snack: 160 calories 8 Starburst & Water

Fiber Pills: 2.25 calories total

Total Water intake (goal 128oz) = 80 oz

Total of 1671.25 .....still in my food budget

--------------------

Shell, I LOVE your new pic! new
      #184343 - 06/07/05 11:33 AM
Snow for Sarala

You look GORGEOUS! And I adore that color on you!

Love ya!

Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Re: Shell, I LOVE your new pic! new
      #184351 - 06/07/05 11:47 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

You look GORGEOUS! And I adore that color on you!

Love ya!

Ruchie

Thanks Ruchie!!

--------------------

Re: Purees and protein new
      #184469 - 06/07/05 06:40 PM
Wind

The protein is in the vegetables, the greens. You can, however, add more protein from other sources. You can add protein powder (and there are many varieties from which to choose) spirulina or soy (if it should be agreeable) or rice protein powder or mushroom powder or pea protein powder or nuts, seeds, and other legumes. Every food has a protein value, even foods most would not consider protein. Grains supply protein and tubers and roots, too. Should you desire a higher protein diet, it's quite easy to fortify and enrich. I personally have no desire or need to be on a high protein diet and only give myself the minium. I'm more of a carb type. Greens, especially spinach are good sources of glutamine. Note: I'm not giving anyone nutritional advice.
I also take an amino acid supplement and I do have a malabsorption problem, but since I started eating like this and gf my hair has grown back and that's a good thing--a miraculous thing.

#184507 - 06/07/05 10:15 PM
Snow for Sarala

Thanks Kate! I had no IDEA that veggies contained a significatn amount of protein. I thought the protein they contained was negligable. I'll have to do some research...what great info.! Thanks!

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

I'm back... new
      #184508 - 06/07/05 10:15 PM
retrograde

Reged: 04/15/04

Hi all! Sorry I've been MIA for reporting the last little while. I've just started a new job (which is actually my old job from before going to university, and which I'm very happy about) and the shift is from 4pm to midnight, so it took me a little while to adjust / work out a good eating schedule etc. I'm a little busier now, trying to keep up with posts on the diet board and such (I can't believe how much traffic there is lately!) but hopefully I'll be able to find time to fitday and report in every day too!

june 6
10am prebreakfast 1/2 cup applesauce

10:30am sprint/walk intervals for 15 mins, abs workout

11:30am breakfast 1 cup oatmeal, 3/4 cup applesauce, 5 almonds, 1 cup egg whites, 1/2 cup spinach

2:30pm lunch 1.25 cup minestrone soup, vegan 'salami' sandwich on english muffin with mustard, 1/2 cup applesauce

5pm snack 1 Luna bar

8pm dinner 1 slice bread, 1/2 salmon fillet, 1/2 cup beets, 1 med. sweet potato, 1/2 cup applesauce

11pm snack 25ish rice crackers, 1/2 cup applesauce

12:30am snack english muffin

totals
I actually didn't put all this into fitday so I'm not totally sure, but my guess is probably around 1900 calories, hopefully enough protein

water not really sure, but probably not enough...

Shell - I love your new pic, btw!

Re: Laurel, new
      #184531 - 06/08/05 06:42 AM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

Where do you buy Luna Bars in Canada?

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

Re: Laurel, new
      #184544 - 06/08/05 07:28 AM
Betharoo

Reged: 01/28/05
Loc: Ontario, Canada

I am not Laurel (obviously, lol) but I have seen them at Loblaws & Walmart in the health food section, not all the flavours are there. They are a little more then the 99 cents a bar the US ladies talk about. I tried 2 flavours, wish I could remember which ones and did not like them but I was thinking of giving them another try. Actually, I was looking at them at Walmart yesturday but thought I would wait. Everytime I go in that store I can't leave without a billion things I didn't go in there for!

--------------------
Microscopic Colitis, IBS-A, GERD, Hiatal Hernia
Bethany, Ontario, Canada

#184577 - 06/08/05 08:22 AM
Wind

Sometimes, when people ask me re: my protein intake (and they bug a lot of vegans about it) I say "the same place a gorilla or a cow does!!! So, I eat like a cow or a gorilla or most animals. Trust me, I monitor my protein intake and it's really hard not to get enough unless you aren't eating or you're eating junk. You don't need to eat soy at all. You don't even have to eat beans. You don't even have to eat nuts and seeds. It's easy to get enough tryptophan naturally in foods, too. Also, I forgot to mention Hemp as a source of protein. You have to also keep in mind the popular "low carb" mentality that has invaded society. I personally don't adhere to this trendy thinking. It is also detrimental to IBS, according to Heather VV.

Anyways, like I said, just eat like a cow or a gorilla or a chicken or yes, a pig (those adorable animals raised for bacon, etc.)and you'll get enough protein. Hmmm...eating like a giraffe? Let's go to the zoo! (Yes, I'm being completely absurd, I know. But serious, of course.)

#184579 - 06/08/05 08:23 AM
Wind

I forgot to mention certain grains that are protein powerhouses, i.e. quinoa and amaranth, millet isn't bad either. But if you're not keen on those than don't bother.

Luna bars in Canada... new
      #184593 - 06/08/05 08:45 AM
retrograde

In London I bought them at the Loblaws by Masonville (or the one on Wonderland if I was out that way). Here in North Bay they have them at Sobeys and Independent Grocer too. Generally if it's a big grocery store and they have one of those trendy 'natural foods' sections they'll have them. Most health food stores seem to have them too - I popped randomly into one in Toronto in Kensington a while back just to see if they had them and they did!

They *are* pretty expensive though... certainly not 99 cents! More like $1.50 a piece... I probably won't keep buying them when I go back to London in the fall but for now my mom is happy to put them on her grocery bill for me, lol

I found out where they were sold in London & North Bay by emailing the Eastern Canada rep, Jane Karjala - her email is jane.marsham@primus.ca (or phone (905) 686-7145), which is posted on this page on the Luna Bars website.

Edited by retrograde (06/08/05 08:47 AM)

Re: Luna bars in Canada... new
      #184596 - 06/08/05 08:53 AM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

All the stores that carried Luna bars here (in Vancouver), or at least the ones I used to buy them at, seemed to sell out of all the OLD Luna bars and then never got the new ones in.
I haven't been able to find any for over a month now, I am just planning to really stock up when I go to Seattle.

Oh, and when I used to buy them they were around $2!! Grrrrr.
--Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

#184598 - 06/08/05 08:55 AM
Snow for Sarala

Thanks Kate!

I mostly eat carbs and I've been losing weight this way *gasp*

I forgot you were vegan! Sorry for forgetting!

I'm thrilled that veggies and fruit give us so much protein! Now I won't feel guilty when I don't eat fish/chicken cause it usually makes me feel kinda sick. But I've gotta say...fruit might be on it's way out the window for me as it seems to be making me spacey these days. I guess it's the fructose...too much sugar! Same with tomato sauce...even homemade! I suppose I will just have to puree veggies all day long with my new blender! And eat lots of quinoa (yum....isn't it wonderful!) and brown rice. I hope I can handle these. Something weird is going on with my body right now. I hope I can have rice pasta without tom. sauce without any negative effects. I'll keep you posted!

I suppose I will try to look at this as a challenge. No meat, no dairy, no sugar, limited fruit (for now...until I figure this out),no gluten, no tomatoes! And cucumbers are out cause they bring on IBS attacks right away!

Keep sending me recipes!!!!

P.S. I knew about Millet and Quinoa...but Amaranth I didn't! It's gluten free right? I love trying new things

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

#184600 - 06/08/05 09:00 AM
retrograde

I really like the quote in your sig, Ruchie
That's a great song and a great line.

#184602 - 06/08/05 09:02 AM
Snow for Sarala

Thanks Laurel *hugs*

I tried to e-mail yo a while back btw..but I couldn't find it. I didn't save it from that time you e-mailed me your paper. I hope you got my response...and that you didn't think I was being rude?!

You're very special Laurel...I'm glad you're on the boards!

Love, Ruch

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

#184611 - 06/08/05 09:19 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

All the stores that carried Luna bars here (in Vancouver), or at least the ones I used to buy them at, seemed to sell out of all the OLD Luna bars and then never got the new ones in.
I haven't been able to find any for over a month now, I am just planning to really stock up when I go to Seattle.

--Steph

Field trip to Whole Foods in Seattle/Bellevue? hehehe Whole Foods said they would get in the 3 NEW flavors the week of the 20th!!

--------------------

#184659 - 06/08/05 10:48 AM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

Okay, I'm going to try this again! My goals are to gain weight (ideal weight: 120-125 lbs), maintain the IBS diet so I can continue to be stable, and, eventually, start an exercise program. I was 104 pounds (not good at 5'6") in October and have been holding steady at 110 for the past couple of months. Next weigh in will be June 29, when I see my GP.

pre-breakfast: Chocolate Peppermint Stick Luna bar

breakfast: Quaker Instant Oatmeal Maple & Brown Sugar flavor, one slice toast

snack: bowl of Crispix w/ Vitasoy plain, one slice toast

snack: banana, WholeSoyCo Strawberry Soy Yogurt

dinner: 1/2 grilled chicken sandwich (no toppings), UFO

snack: Chocolate Peppermint Stick Luna Bar

snack: Crispix

Not too hungry today, but I ate as much as I could. I think my lack of appetite had to do with it being that "time of the month" and feeling pretty crampy all day.

#184828 - 06/08/05 03:27 PM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Quote:

Quote:

--Steph

Field trip to Whole Foods in Seattle/Bellevue? hehehe Whole Foods said they would get in the 3 NEW flavors the week of the 20th!!
Definitely!! I am gonna have to look at the website, I can't remember what the new flavours are!
Oooooh, just another reason to be excited about our Seattle trip, yay!!

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

#184938 - 06/08/05 10:15 PM
retrograde

Awww thanks Ruchie! YOU are very special too m'dear - and you continue to amaze me

Yeah it was probably me who was the last to reply to that email (of course I didn't think your reply was rude!)... I'll blame the busy-ness of school for my laxity there - SORRY about that!! - and I definitely owe you an email then. Expect one tomorrow. Also my address is in my profile now, in case you're looking for it in the future.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 105 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 14019

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review