All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)
REPORTING IN - 6/5/05
      #183675 - 06/05/05 12:56 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Everyone post their report for what you did on 6/5 here.... mine will follow later....

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: REPORTING IN - 6/5/05 new
      #183752 - 06/05/05 04:50 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

I posted my dinner on the recipe board since it was a special company dinner but otherwise here is my journal for today.
B: HNC and tea
snack: luna bar
lunch: leftovers from dinner last night- 1/2 halibut steak, potatoes and 2 asparagus
dinner: as posted
Exercise: biked 12 miles outside in wind at 55 minutes. I thought I would be faster but it is still early. Couldn't fit in weights or situps and will do tomorrow. Burned 470 cals. Not figuring total cals today. Get my friend tomorrow and I have decided to weigh myself next weekend. It has been a while!

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

#183773 - 06/05/05 06:18 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

No exercise, but unbelievable stress. Confession, though: rarely do I sit down. I'm one of those nervous high energy types.

Breakfast: I was in a really bad mood due to an argument and I cannot eat when I'm all contracted and seized with anger and rage. So, I skipped it. Just some flat club soda with a few drops of rescue remedy and bottled water. I cooked a great breakfast for my mother, though--cream of rice steeped in rooibos fennel tea with a little stevia and cinnamon, stewed fresh peach slices and blueberries. Topping: flax seed and fatfree organic yogurt. Note, though that she does not follow the IBS diet.

--rice crackers (8)
--1/2 c. white basmati rice
--puree of asparagus, spinach, dill
--mesculn with baby beets
--I forgot to have a snack.
--1/2 c. white basmati rice
--puree of asparagus, arugula, spinach and dill
--mesculn, cremini mushrooms

That's all for now. I will have a nibble or two throughout the evening. Quite likely more rice crackers or puffed rice /millet. Something really boring.

I'm eliminating sprouts altogether. They hyperstimulate my gastrocolic reflex. They make me go too loosely and frequently.

Fluids: bottled water, assorted teas, flat club soda

#183795 - 06/05/05 08:21 PM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

Consumed: 21
Burned: 4

Total: 17

Re: Upset & eating new
      #183809 - 06/05/05 09:04 PM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

I also have to wait to eat until I "settle down" after an argument or something equally upsetting.

The breakfast you cooked for your mother sounds so good. Lucky her!

Re: Upset & eating new
      #183818 - 06/05/05 09:30 PM
retrograde

Reged: 04/15/04

Oh... I'm very much the opposite. Whenever I'm upset or angry my first thought is to head for the kitchen, usually the bread cabinet, and just eat all the comfort food I can find!

#183819 - 06/05/05 09:31 PM
retrograde

Reged: 04/15/04

Oooh steeping cream of rice in tea sounds sooo good! What a great idea!

Sorry to hear about your sprouts - I know you love 'em (I can't tolerate them at all either )

Also, stupid question maybe, but - what is is 'rescue remedy'?

Re: Rescue Remedy new
      #183927 - 06/06/05 10:00 AM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

Rescue Remedy is a homeopathic tincture (a combination of different flower essences) that has a calming and comforting effect. It harmonizes or balances your emotions, energy etc.
It really helps calm me down when I'm upset or in a rage or anxious or sad or nervous. I feel the difference within 15 minutes.

where?? new
      #184137 - 06/06/05 09:18 PM
little bear

Reged: 12/22/04
Loc: chicago

where do you get that? i often become sad when im anxious b/c i start to think alot and i feel really stressed. would *love* a way to not worry.thanks

--------------------
VEGAN ASHLEY~IBS/C

www.myspace.com/dutchflowers

#184281 - 06/07/05 10:02 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

OK... here is my reporting in......

My BMR = 2083 + I burned 653 calories ( 2 hours heavy house cleaning, Sunday is my day off from the gym) - 730 less calories to get to my goal = 2006 calorie food budget.

Pre-Breakfast (starting at 6am instead of 8:30-9am) : 178 calories Grits w/ICINB Spray & Water

Breakfast: 170 calories Toasted Nutz N Cranberry Luna Bar & Water

Snack: 170 calories Toasted Nutz N Cranberry Luna Bar & Water

Lunch (around 2:30pm is a normal time for me): 305 calories 6oz Tuna w/Light Mayo (using my pretzels as a spoon), 1oz Pretzels & Water

Snack: 270 calories Fruit & Walnut Salad from MD's (but did not eat the yogurt, walnuts, or apple skins)

Dinner: 471 calories 10" Flour Tortilla w/3oz Chicken Breast, 3/4 cup White Rice, 4 Tablespoons Seasoned Rice Vinegar & Water

Snack: 190 calories UFO's Water

Fiber Pills: 2.25 calories total

Total Water intake (goal 128oz) = 80 oz

Total of 1756.25 .....Still in my food budget

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 78 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3579

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review