All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

View all threads Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
some food help
      #181822 - 05/28/05 09:33 PM
Lyndsey

Reged: 02/16/05
Loc: Bay Area, CA

i was advised to come here from great linz to ask about my food intake...i'm wanting to have protein shakes for some boost on food. my eating is getting sort of bad...and almost non existant....i put stuff in my tummy, but i don't think i'm getting enough calories for the day. i weighed myself yesterday and i'm 113...which i don't really really worry about, but it's muscle...not fat...and i don't like that thought. so for people like me that aren't very good at eating...is there any suggestions for me? i eat fruit, i eat mashed potatoes....BECAUSE I LOVEEEEE THEM!!!!!!!! and i have shrimp, or turkey burgers...i don't eat other meats except turkey and seafood...becuase i'm scared of the rest...yes even chicken..which i've for some reason have had problems with.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: some food help new
      #181836 - 05/29/05 12:08 AM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Hi there,

Sorry if I am just confused, it is pretty late here right now! I am just wondering what exactly your question is, though..
Are you wondering how much you should be eating a day? Like, calorie wise? If so, reply with your age and height and weight and activity level and.. hmm, I think that's it.. And somebody should be able to tell you your ideal number of calories.
How many calories approximately are you eating in a day right now?
113 is quite low, I think, depending on how tall you are. If you are all muscle, and only weigh 113 you must be just a tiny thing!
You should be trying to eat small meals, throughout the entire day.

As for protein shakes, I think they are a good idea for adding extra calories and protein to your diet.. A few people on here drink soy protein shakes, have a look at some of the other posts of Shell Marr and Retrograde (I think!) or e_mcmaster (I think!) and see what kind they use.

I hope this helps!!
Cheers,
--Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

Re: some food help new
      #182229 - 05/31/05 12:17 PM
Lyndsey

Reged: 02/16/05
Loc: Bay Area, CA

my question i guess what what people eat...i'm not much of a cook, so what do people do in the lame-mam's kitchen? i'm 24, and 5'5 i don't look gross or anything....but i probably shouln't keep losing weight....hahaha...my activity level...well i was out of work for a while, but now i am a server again....darnit.....so i move around alot....oh and i have a 4 year old....so eating is way hard for me....well...that and like i said i don't really cook much...i've gotten the recipes and things from the boards and heather's books, but mixing stuff together isn't my thing right now! i make mashed potatoes, and shrimp and turkey (from the deli) and toffuti soy pizza....and fruit....thats about it....i'm really bad i know....

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 327 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1310

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review