All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)
Re: figured fat for Luna bars new
      #181044 - 05/24/05 10:42 PM
RGS

Reged: 07/13/04
Loc: Queensland, Australia

Can someone enlighten a dumb aussie as to what are these Luna bars that seem to be a main food group for lots of you? Are they some sort of muesli bar thing?
Ta
Ralph

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Mmmm luna bars.... new
      #181053 - 05/25/05 05:13 AM
Natalie1985

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: UK - Leeds for uni, Merseyside for home!

Dont worry Ralph, as a Brit I too did knot know what the wonders of Luna bars were that was until Heather7476 sent me 10 in the post and OH MY GOD I am hooked!! I havent had any for ages...sinead brought me some back from her trip and nelly and Brittany have sent me some too.....trust me theyre worth it! I think the nutritional value has changed on them recently but they did used to contain the recommended daily allowance for vitamins and minerals so theyre really good for u plus theyre ibs safe. Theres loads of different flavours from dulche de leche, nutz over chocolate....theyr all gorgeous and if u have a sweet tooth then they are a saviour! Plus theyre filling too. Mmmmmm you're making me want one!!

--------------------
Natalie

Re: One more fat % question new
      #181069 - 05/25/05 06:37 AM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

15% is good. I think it is easiest to figure about how many cals you eat on average then decide on a comfortable fat gram amount and just add that up each day. So when I started the diet my cals were pretty high and so I tried to keep myself to about 30 grams of fat per day to be safe. I think I eat less now (I am more used to how to eat now). But I found it easy to do it that way. Hope this helps!

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Re: figured fat for Luna bars new
      #181070 - 05/25/05 06:39 AM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

They are a nutrition bar for women. Kind of like a granola bar and/or a Power bar. They have soy puffs as a base and are filling and have some nutrients packed in. (by the way, men can eat them too; DH likes them.)

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

#181186 - 05/25/05 01:03 PM
retrograde

Reged: 04/15/04

Yup 15% is a good number; that's what I aim for each day.

Just remember that you should be having a similar fat % to that at EVERY meal - not just the whole day. Think about it this way: you could have one meal that is almost fat-free and another one that is 50% and throughout the day it could average out to 15% - but that wouldn't exactly be IBS-safe! lol

Basically you're just keeping every meal and snack low-fat (in the 10-20% range usually).

#181240 - 05/25/05 04:21 PM
CindyC

Reged: 09/30/04
Loc: Ohio, USA

Thanks for the help. I think I've got it now. I'm reading labels on everything I eat these days and cutting WAY back on peanut butter!! LOL, I'd rather spend the fat grams on something good like more chicken.

Cindy

Re: Mmmm luna bars.... new
      #182083 - 05/30/05 06:49 PM
RGS

Reged: 07/13/04
Loc: Queensland, Australia

A glowing report Nat, i will have to see if they sell them in health food shops over here to see what the fuss is all about!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 103 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 13863

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review