All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
let's help each other
      #179737 - 05/18/05 02:31 AM
roselyn

Reged: 12/28/04

Side-effects of smoking!
Smoking has been linked directly to sexual dysfunction in men, and it's believed to have a similar effect in women. One noted urologist, speaking on the news program 60 Minutes, said when he sees a man smoking, he wonders when -- not if -- he will experience erectile dysfunction.
Smoking causes a fatty build-up in the blood vessels. These fatty deposits result in narrowing and blockage of the blood vessels. If the blood supply in blood vessels that lead to the brain are blocked, the surrounding brain cells will die resulting in a stroke.
The moment you light up your cigarette, thousands of poisonous chemicals in the cigarette smoke enter your body and get absorbed into the bloodstream. Some of them damage the lining of the blood vessels by making the blood vessel walls sticky and hence causing them to collect tiny fatty deposits that float in the bloodstream. The more you smoke, the more the deposits build up.
Similar adverse effects take place when the blood vessels leading to our heart are blocked by fatty deposits. This cuts off the blood supply to the heart muscles. As a result, the tissue in that area will die and hence, a heart attack occurs
Even if you smoke a few cigarettes a day, you are destroying the natural defences of millions of your lung cells. Quitting smoking is the only way to stop the damage.
Quit now for your own good: Save life, save money,,

http://partnerclicks.net/click.php?APID=2&affID=0001008

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Moderator! new
      #179898 - 05/18/05 02:39 PM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

This doesn't look quite right, only 2 posts from this user, both identical.

--------------------
S.

Re: Moderator! new
      #179948 - 05/18/05 05:46 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

Oh my you are right. When I looked at that I didn't pay any attention to the link and just thought someone wanted everyone to quit smoking. I thought that was great LOL. Boy I am a little dim.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 67 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1679

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review