View all threads Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
?? about weight, bloating and ibs..
      #179581 - 05/17/05 11:39 AM
little bear

Reged: 12/22/04
Loc: chicago

[i hope this is the right place to post this Q!!]
when anyone is really really really backed up and comepletely bound in twisted knots..do you notice your whole body generally looks bigger?? i noticed this--my C always begins w/gas and bloating. if its trapped inside then it causes C and it usually gets worse each day. when i see my pregnany belly, i notice the rest of me kind of looks alot bigger then it should be, like my legs when i sit down, or my sides when i bend. its only in my lower region of my body but when my body is semi-working, not gassy and moving along, its as if my body 'deflates' so-to-speak. this is really hard for me to cope with b/c i dont want to be seeing my body like that its like, when im stable, im fine happy, loving life and myself. but when i lose that stability, i start to feel/go thru indirect eating issues in an attempt to keep myself from looking fat. i hope this makes sense to someone. i dont have my eating issues anymore b/c i know healthy is better but when i try to explain it like this, its taken the wrong way and usually viewed as an eating disorder. this hurts b/c im feeling ibs pain but im being treated like im crazy. *sigh* thanks for the feedback guys! you rock

--------------------
VEGAN ASHLEY~IBS/C

www.myspace.com/dutchflowers

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: ?? about weight, bloating and ibs.. new
      #179605 - 05/17/05 01:01 PM
nicky

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: Colorado

Hi Ashley,
I find that I feel and look the same way as you're describing (yes, bigger EVERYWHERE, even my legs and arms look/feel bloated, and my face!), and it's hard on those days to feel pretty and fit and healthy, because you sure don't think you look that way! I've gotten a bit smarter and will start wearing more comfy but still nice clothes, similar to how I dress when I'm feeling good, but maybe 1 size bigger, so at least the clothes don't fit too tight, which will also contribute to your feeling big and blown up. I get similar experiences when I'm having PMS, for about 2.5 weeks on and off before my period fun huh.... oh well... I do find that changing my clothing and not fighting the bloat by trying to squeeze myself in my more formfitting stuff seems to help to feel better about myself at least on those days.
I hope this helps...
Have a great day!

--------------------
nicky

Re: ?? about weight, bloating and ibs.. new
      #179866 - 05/18/05 12:59 PM
little bear

Reged: 12/22/04
Loc: chicago

yah i do that too! i love wearing comfy pants with babydoll shirts or long-wispy shirts. the only time i feel uncomfortable in my clothes is when im at work b/c i have to wear tighter clothes polos and khakis non-the-less its such an ugly uniform! thanks for your reply!! have anice day too

--------------------
VEGAN ASHLEY~IBS/C

www.myspace.com/dutchflowers

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 34 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1812

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review