All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)
Re: REPORTING IN - 5/4/05 - First Day With Trainer new
      #176803 - 05/05/05 08:09 AM
retrograde

Reged: 04/15/04

Glad to hear your session with the trainers (2! special attention! lol) went well! And you had a good day today too! Good job getting your calories up

Re: the Zone diet. This is not a *bad* diet per se - it's high protein but you'd have to practically cut the fat in half; it advocates a diet of 40% carbs, 30% protein and 30% fat, which would probably be way too much for your IBS. So it would have to be more like 55-55% carbs and 15-20% ish fat, but those are not bad numbers at all. I don't think you'd have to follow it exactly with the dairy and such either! I think it also advocates lots of small meals during the day which is good. Don't know much else about it though. There are lots of sites on the web about it, just try googling "zone diet" and you could probably figure out how to modify it for yourself

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#176819 - 05/05/05 08:48 AM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

My naturopath put me on the Zone diet dairy free! And of course we don't have to eat all the fat. I like that he has me eating small meals every two hours.

Stephie...we could do it TOGETHER!!!!

I know you don't eat GF but we could figure somehting out.

I know if I have a friend doing it with me I'll have abetter chance of success. Whaddya say? *hugs*

P.S. Thank you again for your post yesterday *big hugs*

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

#176833 - 05/05/05 09:25 AM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Hi Ruchie!
That sounds great! Okay, yeah, let's do it!
I like that there are smaller meals as well. I will start really searching the web for recipes that we can alter, and I'll try to find ones that will be easy for you to alter for GF. You'll have to bear with me because I'm not really up to speed on what exactly GF means you can and can't have, but we'll sort it out.

I am going back to the gym today, and I will ask about the Zone Diet. I think I will sign up for the program they do at my gym, assuming I can afford it, and have them create some meal plans for me for ideas.

**big hugs**

If I find out some good info, I will eMail you so we don't take up loads of room on the boards.

You don't have to thank me for posting to you, silly.

**hugs**
--Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

#176893 - 05/05/05 01:36 PM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

Hey Stephie...

I am so glad your meeting with the trainer went ok! I hope all of this stuff works out for you!

#176899 - 05/05/05 01:49 PM
e_mcmaster

Reged: 01/16/05
Loc: Norman, Oklahoma

Yay Stephie! I'm soooo happy for you! And I just absolutely LOVE my trainer, so I'm hoping you'll like yours over time, too.

Like Laurel said, you could probably do a modified version of the Zone diet with Rutchie. My diet is approximately 10% fat, 25-30% protein and 60-65% carbs. I get an enormous amount of protein, but it doesn't make up much of my calories because I eat such lean, low-calorie protein sources. I think you will find success with eating well.

Good luck!

Oh, and P.S. Don't pay attention to what the calorie counters on exercise machines say. They're usually very inaccurate. Use www.fitday.com to log your exercise.

--------------------
Elizabeth

all those years it wasn't IBS - it was celiac!
send me an email: liz@dopple.net

Re: REPORTING IN - 5/4/05 new
      #176914 - 05/05/05 02:31 PM
e_mcmaster

Reged: 01/16/05
Loc: Norman, Oklahoma

Is it possible for you to stop weighing yourself? Can you go by the way your clothes fit or by measurements? Weight really means NOTHING if you are gaining muscle. In fact, since I started working out heavily 9 months ago, I've gained about 6lbs... but I'm much smaller than I was. So I don't weigh myself because it can be discouraging.

--------------------
Elizabeth

all those years it wasn't IBS - it was celiac!
send me an email: liz@dopple.net

Re: Sorry this is so nosy... new
      #176922 - 05/05/05 02:41 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

I briefly mentioned earlier I have a cold. It is pretty bad but is not an infection so instead of antibiotics they put me on 10 prednisone. It is to help my energy come back as I had to work today and tomorrow. When I had been on it before it was for poison ivy. Both times I was on mega doses for a month or so and had a shot. The last time I refused to do another round of it. It wasn't helping the poison ivy and I just couldn't bear the side effects. It makes me hungry, sick to my stomach all around, shaky, high strung, dangerous on the road and I jump at my own shadow (literally). I can't even put makeup on after a week or so. Also my period was late once from it. Yikes! But 10 pills is no big deal! except for being awake most of last night I haven't had any disturbing side effects yet.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

#177036 - 05/06/05 05:12 AM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

I'm just seeing this now (out with a nasty migrane yesterday )

So...how'd it go at the gym? Did you sign up for meal ideas? I hope you're enjoying your work outs! And that you feel good about things *hugs*

Hope you're doing awesome and loving life!!! Sending you lots of love, Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 24 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 13889

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review