All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
REPORTING IN - 5/4/05
      #176376 - 05/03/05 10:37 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Everyone post their report for what you did on 5/4 here.... mine will follow later....

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

I lost 2 pounds new
      #176437 - 05/04/05 06:52 AM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

Weight is 131.5 now. Secret is I have a cold. (cough cough)

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Re: REPORTING IN - 5/4/05 new
      #176459 - 05/04/05 07:32 AM
Natalie1985

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: UK - Leeds for uni, Merseyside for home!

Breakfast - Toasted ciabatta w/PB 300 Apple Bake bar 126 Banana 138

Snack - Brunch bar 150

Lunch - 75g couscous 177 Banana 138

Afternoon - 1/2 baguette 390 Apple 70

Dinner - Baked potato, tuna and no fat mayo 350

To go to bed had 2 x glasses choc rice milk which really helped me to sleep...may do this now in the eve to prevent me snacking, it curbed the cravings and filled me up! Would only usually hav one tho...lastnite was an exception 400 calories

Total- 2139 A little over but not too bad, although I did NO EXERCISE cos I felt so crappy went for a 30 min walk though so wasnt too bad!

--------------------
Natalie

Re: I lost 2 pounds new
      #176493 - 05/04/05 08:47 AM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

I hope your cold goes away soon...and that he pounds stay off (if you're trying to lose of course )
*hugs*

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Goin' to see a trainer today new
      #176512 - 05/04/05 09:58 AM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Hi ya'll,

Well, I brought my gym clothes to work with me but just to make sure I don't make any excuses to get out of it, I also called and made an appointment to see a trainer and get a program set up.
At my gym, consultations with trainers are free if you have a membership (which I do) and they will go through your goals with you and set up programs with you.
I am gonna tell them about my diet and make sure I am using the right equipment, and using it properly! I also want to get some info about what is best to do before a breast reduction because I have to lose at least 20 lbs before I get that done and want to do whatever would be best for the boobs.
Wish me luck, I'll let you know how it goes!!
**hugs**
--Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

Re: Goin' to see a trainer today new
      #176524 - 05/04/05 10:28 AM
Snow for Sarala

Wow, Steph! That's GREAT!!!!

Wish I could join a gym...let us know how it goes for you!!!!

You're super Steph!

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

good work Tamara... new
      #176555 - 05/04/05 12:08 PM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

...maybe I need a cold...

--------------------
S.

guess what? new
      #176570 - 05/04/05 12:46 PM
Little Minnie

They put me on a few days of prednisone so I am sure the pounds will come back. I do need the prednisone though because I have to work tomorrow and I need to eat to get some strength. So far it hasn't made a difference.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

What's prednisone? (**clueless**) -nt- new
      #176592 - 05/04/05 01:08 PM
Stephie

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

Re: Goin' to see a trainer today new
      #176636 - 05/04/05 02:42 PM
cailin

good luck with the trainer Steph, my gym has programs included too but I am too chicken that they will make me work too hard that I have only used them once. LAZY!
Let us know how you get on.

--------------------
S.

A corticosteroid.... new
      #176638 - 05/04/05 02:54 PM
epa_ginger

Reged: 02/23/05
Loc: Chicago, IL

that for some people causes weight gain. My dad was on it for over a year for this weird kidney thing he had (in remission now) and he definitely gained weight. He couldn't wait to get off of it!! I used to take it when I was little and would have severe asthma attacks and my mom said I got all puffy.

--------------------

reporting sort of new
      #176639 - 05/04/05 02:55 PM
cailin

Breakfast: Porridge with pineapple
morning snack: pretzels
Lunch: chicken skewers with rice, green salad and satay sauce
Afternoon snack: small muffin
Dinner: couscous with prawns and tomato sauce
Snacks: 2 UFOS

Activities: walked to and from work. Am feeling way too tired for the gym still after the weekend's over exertions! I lay down when I was changing my clothes after work and fell asleep for an hour. Luckily, this weekend is quiet so I can get some R&R!

SUMS:
BMR 2290 plus 224 activities less calories eaten 2381 less 500 weight loss = 367 over budget

Tomorrow is weigh in day. My goal for this week, is not to have gained, or to have gained no more than one pound...we'll see tomorrow how it goes. If my mood/energy levels don't improve I am going to keep eating junk...its a vicious circle...

--------------------
S.

Re: A corticosteroid.... new
      #176653 - 05/04/05 05:38 PM
Little Minnie

I have been on large doses of prednisone before and I hate the stuff. But for the first few days it isn't so bad so I am actually happy to be on it. I feel more energetic already. I was shaking earlier really bad but that stopped. So far it hasn't increased my appetite at all. But I work for the next 2 days, outside and active and need to eat as much as I can to have energy. I will be done with the stuff by Monday.
Also it tends to be really bad for IBS too since it changes all my functions- might be from too much food. But back in November a long dose of prednisone started me on a bad IBS streak!

--------------------

Sorry this is so nosy... new
      #176683 - 05/04/05 07:33 PM
epa_ginger

Reged: 02/23/05
Loc: Chicago, IL

but do you care if I ask why you are taking prednisone now?? The thing with it is, there are side effects to deal with, but it has so many medical benefits for all kinds of illnesses and diseases. I guess you just have to weigh the costs and the benefits.

--------------------

#176695 - 05/04/05 08:28 PM
Faye2

Reged: 04/28/05
Loc: USA

Today I felt really bad...so tired! Unbelievably! I even went home during lunch hour and took a nap! Our run wasn't really long today so I felt kind of funny. I'm not really sure why.
Breakfast: Chrysanthemum Tea and a brown rice cake with PB and raisens on top
Lunch: 1/2 tuna sandwhich, oatmeal w/ blueberries and milk on top, peas and carrots with chicken
Dinner: Yams and Brocoli
Snacks: Granola Bar, Banana, Slirpie YUMMM

--------------------
~*Faye*~ ^-^

#176699 - 05/04/05 09:17 PM
little bear

Reged: 12/22/04
Loc: chicago

B-*maple oatmeal w/straw.chunks & acacia
-vanilla tea w/acacia

S-*fruit leather

L-*carrot sticks
-3 palm-sized *pitas

D-*rice/lentil mix

--------------------
VEGAN ASHLEY~IBS/C

www.myspace.com/dutchflowers

#176704 - 05/04/05 10:19 PM
e_mcmaster

Reged: 01/16/05
Loc: Norman, Oklahoma

Breakfast - 1/2 cup oatbran made with 1.25cups soymilk with 1 tsp brown sugar & cinnamon
Snack - Post Workout Protein Shake, 1 piece ff bread
Lunch - can of tuna with salsa on white bread with slice soy provolone, 1 cup cooked pureed carrots
Snack - Toasted Nuts n' Cranberry Luna bar
Snack - 2 pieces ff bread
Dinner - Mexican Enchilada Rice Thingy with 1oz baked tostitos, 1/2 cup pureed peaches, mandarin oranges & pineapple + 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
Snack - Carmel Rice Cake, 1/2 serving Newman's Own Organic Chocolate Alphabet Cookies
Total: 1633 cal, 19g fat, 136g protein

Water: 106 oz
Fruits: 2
Veggies: 4

--------------------
Elizabeth

all those years it wasn't IBS - it was celiac!
send me an email: liz@dopple.net

#176732 - 05/05/05 04:58 AM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

Here we go...

coffee- 1
cheerios- 2
soup- 0
barbeque "chicken"- 6
asparagus- 0
oven fries- 5

total: 14

(Trying to make up for the debacle on Tuesday... not to be repeated today!)

#176741 - 05/05/05 05:38 AM
Sparky

Reged: 01/06/04
Loc: MI

Here's Wednesday (NOT the best day . . .)

breakfast - berry/banana/soymilk smoothie w/fiber, crumpet
snack - UFO beverage, baby carrots
lunch - "pizza" sandwich from Potbelly, UFO bev (AGAIN ), RCT (side note - ate WAAAAY too much at lunch. Was full until after 5PM, to the point of almost getting a side-stitch during my workout).
dinner - 1 slice sourdough, yogurt, unsweetened applesauce, small bowl frosted mini wheats w/soymilk.
dessert - finished off the fruit jellies, they are no longer there to tempt me.

Excercise - 20 min on elliptical, 20 min walking.

Weighed myself yesterday - I gained the 2 lbs back that I have been gaining/losing for the past few weeks. I was kind of expecting it after stuffing my face at lunch, but it is frustrating that I keep yo-yoing.

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~
STEF
~~~~~~~~~~

REPORTING IN - 5/4/05 - First Day With Trainer new
      #176787 - 05/05/05 07:50 AM
Stephie

Hi ya'll,
So last night after work I went to the gym and met my new trainer. Actually, I had TWO because one guy was just learning to be a trainer, so I had lots of attention, hee hee.
The trainer suggested that I go on "The Zone" Diet but I am not really sure about that. The meal plans I looked at online are really heavy with milk products and eggs, two things I def have to stay away from. I'm going to put in a call today and see how possible it is to do it without those things.
The training program he put me on is the circuit at the gym to start off with. I do 10 minutes elliptical, then go to the circuit. Then each weight machine you do for 30 seconds, and in between do 30 seconds of hard cardio. There are 12 machines. Then another 10 on the elliptical.
It's supposed to be fast and convenient so you can get in, get your workout and get out.
I am going back again today to finish the first part of the my introduction stuff (I think all my weight stuff and measurements and all that, yikes!).

So anywho, I burned 178 calories on the elliptical and I have no idea how many doing the machines.. So I'll just say 200 for now in total, 'cause I don't wanna go too high by accident.
That makes my food budget 2017 calories.

Breakfast: Luna Bar and Applesauce = 273 calories

Snack: Pretzels and 2 arrowroot cookies and 1 UFO = 170 calories

Lunch: Grilled chicken panini sandwich with roast vegetables. It had some pesto sauce on it, so I scraped some off to be safe but left a little on and was alright = 452 calories.

Snack: Diced peaches, juices drained and 1/2 a GeniSoy bar = 181 calories

Post-Workout: GeniSoy Protein Bar = 227 calories

Dinner: Cup of mini spirals pasta with some ICBINB and 1/4 cup of tomato sauce with mushrooms = 253 calories

Snack: Sunflower seeds and 3 UFO = 233 calories

Drinks: I had at least 8 cups of water and 2 cups of Rooibos tea.

Total Calories = 1789 which is within my calorie budget, and not toooooo low like before.

Cheers!
--Steph

--------------------
IBS-D,pain.

Re: REPORTING IN - 5/4/05 - First Day With Trainer new
      #176803 - 05/05/05 08:09 AM
retrograde

Reged: 04/15/04

Glad to hear your session with the trainers (2! special attention! lol) went well! And you had a good day today too! Good job getting your calories up

Re: the Zone diet. This is not a *bad* diet per se - it's high protein but you'd have to practically cut the fat in half; it advocates a diet of 40% carbs, 30% protein and 30% fat, which would probably be way too much for your IBS. So it would have to be more like 55-55% carbs and 15-20% ish fat, but those are not bad numbers at all. I don't think you'd have to follow it exactly with the dairy and such either! I think it also advocates lots of small meals during the day which is good. Don't know much else about it though. There are lots of sites on the web about it, just try googling "zone diet" and you could probably figure out how to modify it for yourself

#176819 - 05/05/05 08:48 AM
Snow for Sarala

My naturopath put me on the Zone diet dairy free! And of course we don't have to eat all the fat. I like that he has me eating small meals every two hours.

Stephie...we could do it TOGETHER!!!!

I know you don't eat GF but we could figure somehting out.

I know if I have a friend doing it with me I'll have abetter chance of success. Whaddya say? *hugs*

P.S. Thank you again for your post yesterday *big hugs*

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

#176833 - 05/05/05 09:25 AM
Stephie

Hi Ruchie!
That sounds great! Okay, yeah, let's do it!
I like that there are smaller meals as well. I will start really searching the web for recipes that we can alter, and I'll try to find ones that will be easy for you to alter for GF. You'll have to bear with me because I'm not really up to speed on what exactly GF means you can and can't have, but we'll sort it out.

I am going back to the gym today, and I will ask about the Zone Diet. I think I will sign up for the program they do at my gym, assuming I can afford it, and have them create some meal plans for me for ideas.

**big hugs**

If I find out some good info, I will eMail you so we don't take up loads of room on the boards.

You don't have to thank me for posting to you, silly.

**hugs**
--Steph

--------------------
IBS-D,pain.

#176893 - 05/05/05 01:36 PM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

Hey Stephie...

I am so glad your meeting with the trainer went ok! I hope all of this stuff works out for you!

#176899 - 05/05/05 01:49 PM
e_mcmaster

Yay Stephie! I'm soooo happy for you! And I just absolutely LOVE my trainer, so I'm hoping you'll like yours over time, too.

Like Laurel said, you could probably do a modified version of the Zone diet with Rutchie. My diet is approximately 10% fat, 25-30% protein and 60-65% carbs. I get an enormous amount of protein, but it doesn't make up much of my calories because I eat such lean, low-calorie protein sources. I think you will find success with eating well.

Good luck!

Oh, and P.S. Don't pay attention to what the calorie counters on exercise machines say. They're usually very inaccurate. Use www.fitday.com to log your exercise.

--------------------
Elizabeth

#176914 - 05/05/05 02:31 PM
e_mcmaster

Is it possible for you to stop weighing yourself? Can you go by the way your clothes fit or by measurements? Weight really means NOTHING if you are gaining muscle. In fact, since I started working out heavily 9 months ago, I've gained about 6lbs... but I'm much smaller than I was. So I don't weigh myself because it can be discouraging.

--------------------
Elizabeth

Re: Sorry this is so nosy... new
      #176922 - 05/05/05 02:41 PM
Little Minnie

I briefly mentioned earlier I have a cold. It is pretty bad but is not an infection so instead of antibiotics they put me on 10 prednisone. It is to help my energy come back as I had to work today and tomorrow. When I had been on it before it was for poison ivy. Both times I was on mega doses for a month or so and had a shot. The last time I refused to do another round of it. It wasn't helping the poison ivy and I just couldn't bear the side effects. It makes me hungry, sick to my stomach all around, shaky, high strung, dangerous on the road and I jump at my own shadow (literally). I can't even put makeup on after a week or so. Also my period was late once from it. Yikes! But 10 pills is no big deal! except for being awake most of last night I haven't had any disturbing side effects yet.

--------------------

#177036 - 05/06/05 05:12 AM
Snow for Sarala

I'm just seeing this now (out with a nasty migrane yesterday )

So...how'd it go at the gym? Did you sign up for meal ideas? I hope you're enjoying your work outs! And that you feel good about things *hugs*

Hope you're doing awesome and loving life!!! Sending you lots of love, Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 60 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 13879

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review