All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
I am new here... and I need help! A little lengthy, soory.
      #176170 - 05/03/05 11:18 AM
tashablueyes

Reged: 05/03/05
Loc: Colorado, US

So I just randomly decided to finally deal with this IBS monster once and for all.

I have always been heavy and I have issues with compulsive eating anyway. I have had some symptoms of IBS for years but have tried to ignore it. About 2 years ago I had my gallbladder removed and things went from irritating to unbearable. I feel like everything makes me sick! Now that I have kind of checked out your site I see why. Pretty much everything I enjoy and eat is a trigger. I really need to make this change as IBS has really become a debilitating disease for me lately. The problem is, even though my husband is supportive and everything, I don't think that he will be able to change his habits enough for me to make a true lifestyle change. I am 25 and he is 26 and we have an almost 4 year old and I want them to eat healthier, but not have to feel like they are eating "weird" things and having to give up things they love. I have a hard time visualizing my husband EVER putting a soy substitute for cheese or bacon in his mouth, and even limiting beef gives me heart palpitations. I know that if all of our diets don't change, my dietary changes won't last. What are some ways that you guys have incorporated these changes to make them seem more comfortable for your families and yourself? And just a warning, I am completely full of nutty questions, so bear with me!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Hi there new
      #176173 - 05/03/05 11:26 AM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Hi there,
Welcome to the Website!
First things first, you are actually posting on the wrong boards - ooops.
To have questions about the IBS diet and general stuff, you should post on the "Eating for IBS" board.
This board here is for Fitness and Weight management, whilst dealing with IBS.
You'll get WAY more responses on the diet board, only a few people frequent these boards.
If you ask some of your questions - which I'm sure aren't too nutty, we've seen it all! - on the IBS board, I'll pop over and try and answer them as best I can!

Good luck!!
--Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

Re: Hi there new
      #176178 - 05/03/05 11:48 AM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

Stephie, you ROCK!

I'll answer your questions there too...see you there Tashablueyes (great name btw!)

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Re: I am new here... and I need help! A little lengthy, soory. new
      #176722 - 05/05/05 12:10 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

My hubby and I do eat alot of the same foods, but often we have separate bits of meals. Eg. he'll have meat and I'll have fish or a veggie alternative, and we'll have the same sides. That works out pretty well. He also has his own dairy milk, cheese, chocolate, cookies, etc and I have my alternatives.

PS. alot of the food is very normal so if you don't TELL them it's your special diet, they'll never guess! And make Anti-depressant brownies...EVERYONE loves them.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 122 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2012

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review