All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
REPORTING IN - 5/2/05
      #175633 - 05/02/05 07:19 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Everyone post their report for what you did on 5/2 here.... mine will follow later....

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: REPORTING IN - 5/2/05 new
      #175907 - 05/02/05 04:22 PM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

coffee- 1
half a bagel- 3
soup- 0
dessert- 2
pasta with chicken and sauce- 10
snack- 3

total: 19

#176013 - 05/02/05 09:34 PM
little bear

Reged: 12/22/04
Loc: chicago

today i think i indulged too much..as i later felt really nauseas but anyways:
B-*strawberry soyogurt
-*1/2 piece/homemade toast w/*jam & *soy crm.chs

S-*fruit leather

L-*homemade no-chix noodles

D-*3 sm.pieces of Amys Cheeseless Pizza
-*cantelope

peppermint tea finally!! and with the acacia my bowels thank me finally--tomorrow ill do some yoga in the AM as i plan to wake early. i love embracing the day right when it begins!! good luck to you all

--------------------
VEGAN ASHLEY~IBS/C

www.myspace.com/dutchflowers

??? new
      #176014 - 05/02/05 09:36 PM
little bear

Reged: 12/22/04
Loc: chicago

what do the numbers beside your foods mean?

--------------------
VEGAN ASHLEY~IBS/C

www.myspace.com/dutchflowers

Jennifer's WW points! -nt new
      #176033 - 05/03/05 12:49 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Re: Jenny's WW points! new
      #176043 - 05/03/05 05:27 AM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

Yep, they're the points weight watchers assigns to those foods. I can ea up to 20 points a day. It's just easier for me than counting the actual calories.

And Linz- I actually hate being called Jennifer.

#176044 - 05/03/05 05:56 AM
Natalie1985

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: UK - Leeds for uni, Merseyside for home!

Breakfast - Apple 70 Toasted Ciabatta w/PB 300 Apple Bake bar 126

Snacks - Fruit Puree 50

Lunch - 75g couscous w/tuna and tomato sauce 350 Brunch bar 150

Dinner - 75g couscous w/tuna and tomato sauce 350 Banana 138

Evening - Grilled cajun chicken breast 224

Latenight - Crackers - by early morning when I couldnt sleep again I ate like a whole pack of low fat crackers and some with a bit of PB on....am guessing in total to be around 450 calories

Total 2208 so thats over the 2000 max limit but I did Yoga and toning exercises for over half an hour and prob burnt around 100 of them so am only just slighty over...not doing too bad...just gota curb these late night munchies!

--------------------
Natalie

#176056 - 05/03/05 06:30 AM
Sparky

Reged: 01/06/04
Loc: MI

Well, we are freezing again today here in MI but the forecast for the rest of the week is looking up . . . one more day . . .

Monday:
breakfast - mixed berry soy milk smoothie (w/fiber of course), cinnamon crumpet. (I highly recommend buying the frozen fruits at Trader Joes, they are not too expensive and it is very handy for smoothie making if you're into that)
snack - UFO beverage, apple
lunch - turkey on a sub roll w/mustard (BOORING)
snack - carrot cake (office BD!!)
snack - few dried apricots shortly b4 dinner
dinner - turkey burger w/swiss (NOT SAFE) and mustard on white bun. Unsweetened applesause.
Dessert - decaf UFO beverage, 3 fruit jellies
late snack - slice of sourdough, 2 more fruit jellies

Excercise - 20 minutes on the elliptical (I upped the resistance from 10 to 11 ) and 10 min walking. Also another ~10 min walking dog.

Just a few side notes: I went to Panera after dinner last night and DID NOT get a cookie or pastry (did get coffee, tho - I HOPE that has less cals than a cookie!!). Also, I've been feeling kinda bored and down lately and I think I've been eating more as a result. I'm feeling a tad better today so we'll see if I will eat better as a result.

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~
STEF
~~~~~~~~~~

#176084 - 05/03/05 07:41 AM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

Lets see....

Breakfast I had some gf rice with tomato sauce and maybe 1.5 oz cheese (skim milk)

Lunch= 12 cookies from Pamela's (I know, I know.....I didn't have time to cook )

Snacks= half can sardines, small apple, part of a glass of soy milk (ouchie!) 2 soy yogurts, most of a rcie cake.

Dinner= polenta with tomato sauce, almost a whole corn on the cobb (hurt my tummy!!!)

Lotsa calories. I did well in some parts and not so well in others.

Goals for Tues: Less junk! Terra Potato Chips are my treat! And exercise. I ran around a lot Mon. but I didn't take the time to exercise and take good care of myself.

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

#176085 - 05/03/05 07:44 AM
Snow for Sarala

Ashley, I think you did nicely! Didn't sound bad to me...but of course...we all have our own goals!

*hugs*

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

#176086 - 05/03/05 07:45 AM
Snow for Sarala

I gotta say I have no idea of the measurements until you get down to cals!

But it sounds like you're on your way to meeting your goals! Yippee! Way to go Nat!

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

#176087 - 05/03/05 07:50 AM
Snow for Sarala

Hi there!

Sounds good!

Good for you admitting your boredom and down mood. You're not alone...i'm with ya there! My naturopath had me write down my emotion just before I'm gonna eat. NOT to stop me from eating the food, but to write down the emotion. And I saw a pattern! And now I know WHY I'm eating. Makes it much harder to continue the bad habit!!!

Have a super day today!

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Happy Dance for Jenny...she met her goal! n-t new
      #176088 - 05/03/05 07:50 AM
Snow for Sarala

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

#176112 - 05/03/05 08:46 AM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Hello!!

Okay, another bad day for me. This time I blame my bad stomach for the earlier part of the day and then just my stupidity for the later part.

Food Budget = 1817 calories (including the -350 calories for weight loss.) I didn't do any exercise again .

Breakfast: Bowl of plain oatmeal = 100 calories

Snack: Peanut Butter Fudge GeniSoy Protein Bar = 238 calories

Snack: Pretzels and arrowroot cookies and a cup of drained peaches = 230 calories

Dinner: Large pita bread toasted with tuna and Ultra Low Fat Mayo. 1 peice garlic bread = 452 calories

Snack: About 15 UFOs (thus the stupidity!!) = 300 calories

For a total of 1320 calories Which is low and not healthy foods really.

Note: I came home today to find that my mom had ordered me a product which used to be called "Fat Blaster", but is called something else now. She didn't even ask me first! Once it arrived in the mail yesterday, she told me that it was for people with mostly carb diets. I looked at the ingredients and it is basically caffiene and something else I can't remember. I told her it would mess with my stomach and I wouldn't take it. Feel slightly offended!

Okay, my goal for today (3rd of May) is to: Drink at least 8 full sized glasses of water (including herbal teas), and not to eat after 7 pm tonight. I always give in to late night snacking, so I am going to try and cut that out for the rest of the week.
I don't think my Report in will be great, my stomach is still really touchy and I am sticking to safe food.. not much protein or veg, lots of carbs. Oh well!!

Cheers!
--Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

Thanks Ruchie!! n/t new
      #176120 - 05/03/05 09:05 AM
Natalie1985

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: UK - Leeds for uni, Merseyside for home!

--------------------
Natalie

#176146 - 05/03/05 09:33 AM
e_mcmaster

Reged: 01/16/05
Loc: Norman, Oklahoma

If I didn't eat after 7pm, I'd end up eating only 800 calories a day!

I understand that you are trying to stay away from snacking on unhealthy foods late at night, but if you are truly hungry, you need to eat. One thing that I like to do is aim for a goal of 9 fruits and veggies per day. Usually I've only had 4 or 5 by the time 7pm rolls around, so I eat the rest of my servings after 7pm. It helps to keep me from snacking on unhealthy things and I know that I am getting all those vitamins in. If you're truly hungry, eat a big bowl of oatmeal or make yourself a sandwich. Late-night snacking usually stems from not eating enough earlier in the day, and it has been suggested that a person should consume 50-75% of their calories before dinner. Since I'm on somewhat of a different schedule than most other people (I don't really eat until after I work out at 1pm, because I wake up late and my IBS is touchiest when I wake up), I try to have 1200 calories eaten by 6pm and I eat the rest between 6-12am. Do what works best for you, but I wouldn't recommend cutting yourself off at 7pm unless you make exceptions (like allowing yourself to eat as long as it's healthy).

And yes, girl, you need to get those calories up. Are you sensitive to fats? Adding some PB would be a good way to get calories in, or you can add more to your breakfast.

HTH!

--------------------
Elizabeth

all those years it wasn't IBS - it was celiac!
send me an email: liz@dopple.net

#176148 - 05/03/05 09:39 AM
e_mcmaster

Breakfast - 1.5 pieces homemade fat-free white bread
Snack - Post Workout Protein Shake
Snack - 1 piece ff bread, 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce mixed with 1/2 cup of pureed peaches, pineapple & mandarin oranges
Snack - Luna Bar
Snack - Luna Bar
Dinner - <Out celebrating with my Business Communications group after we presented our report> Grilled chicken sandwich on white with a dry side salad of tomatoes, lettuce, and olives
Snack - 1.5 pieces ff bread, 1/2 cup pureed spinach & zucchini mixture with 1/4 cup tomato sauce on top

Total: 1464 cal, 16g fat, 96g protein

*A little low on the calories, but it was a busy day and my tummy was super upset from last weekend*

--------------------
Elizabeth

#176149 - 05/03/05 09:41 AM
Snow for Sarala

E, I LOVE your ideas!

Other things to eat more cals...add flax seed oil or olive oil to food. Or eat some seeds during the day if you can tolerate em'...

Steph, I think you're doing super! It gets better every day *hugs*

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

#176150 - 05/03/05 09:42 AM
Stephie

Hi!
Thanks for your post!
I guess I read in a magazine not to eat after 7 and decided that was a good idea - I am easily influenced, hee hee. I think I more meant eating crap after 7. If I was hungry, I'd always eat... If I didn't, I'd be soooo nauseous.
I used to be such a night owl that I would just eat all through the night, but now that I get up so early I am trying to get to bed earlier. So like, if I had dinner at 6:30, then I should really be asleep by 11. If I eat too late and then try to go to bed, I end up lying there feeling icky.
I like the idea of eating fruit at night, because it is sweet so might help my sugar cravings. I am totally addicted to canned peaches and pears right now, so maybe I should stock up on them for late-night food.. does that sound okay?

I love peanut butter, maybe I will try having some more.. I find that it sometimes gives me indigestion, but that's usually just if I eat it first thing in the morning. Maybe if I have it in a wrap for lunch or something, I'd be alright. I'll give it a shot, anyway!

I know I need to get my calories up, and I need to figure out a healthy way to do it. I could easily get it up if you'd just let me loose in a chocolate store, hee hee. Yesterday was bad 'cause my tummy was so bad so I was sorta scared to eat much, especially while I was at work 'cause I have a long drive home.

You're so helpful, I love reading your posts!!
--Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

#176165 - 05/03/05 10:32 AM
e_mcmaster

Awww, you and Rutchie are so sweet! I wish you girls lived near me - we would have a great time!

I eat canned fruit at night - I try to drain off the light syrup or juice, but that's just a personal preference. If it helps with your sweets cravings, all the better!

Do you eat a big dinner? I find that I do better eating very light meals every 2-3 hours, because I'm going to get hungry again anyway. I don't usually eat within 20 minutes of going to bed, but usually within an hour. Granted, it's often something pretty small and we lie in bed reading for half an hour or so before we actually try to sleep. But... do what works for you.

I'm going to think of ways for you to get your calories up while I'm sitting in Managerial Accouting. Believe me, there will be lots of free time for me to think and then I'll post it for you tonight.

Hugs to Stephie and Rutchie!

--------------------
Elizabeth

#176166 - 05/03/05 10:40 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

OK... here is my reporting in......
My BMR = 2083 + I burned 0 calories (Took the day off from gym, recovering from Sunday Race... hips and shins are ouchy...does 2 hours clothes shopping/trying on... count?) - 730 less calories to get to my goal = 1353 calorie food budget.

Breakfast (starting at 6am instead of 8:30-9am) : 100 calories 1/2 cup unsweetened Applesauce, 6 Scrambled Egg White (= 2 eggs) & Water

Snack: 170 calories Toasted Nutz N Cranberry Luna Bar & Water

Snack: 23 calories 8oz Tazo Decaf Chai Tea w/2 bags and 1-1/2 sugars from Starbucks

Lunch: 427 calories Deli sandwich (out to lunch with friend)...1/2 Light Rye only Turkey, Lettuce, Pickle, Mustard, & Easy Easy Lite Mayo, 1 oz Baked Lays & Water

Snack: 7 calories 2 Altoids

Dinner: 375 calories 10" Flour Tortilla w/3oz Chicken Breast, 1/2 cup Basmati Rice, 3 Tablespoons Picanta Sauce & Water

Fiber Pills: 2.25 calories total

Total Water intake (goal 128oz) = 80 oz

Total of 1444.25 .....over my food budget by 91.25, but I'm fine with that today.... I needed the day off.

SMALLER CLOTHES SHOPPING TRIP....
I went to JCPenny's Spring sale after work to look for smaller clothes... I tried on stuff for 2 hours, must have gotten undressed and dressed again 6 times....LOL I tried on about 20 pairs (of shorts, capris, and jeans)...I do not own any new ones ... they were all either too small or too big... I'm in an odd spot in my size I guess. I did however get two camis to go under shirts and then two sleeveless tops that have collars on them...both VERY cute and are fitted just for ME!! hehehe I guess I'll have to keep looking for other styles in other stores....and those stupid hiphugger crap really bugs me!! That is fine for the teens but for 34 year old woman that still has a roll... it just does NOT work!! LOL

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Managerial Accounting... new
      #176240 - 05/03/05 01:32 PM
Stephie

I am so jealous!! tee hee.
Actually, I spent most of the morning doing payroll stuff, so I had a lot of time to let my mind wander too. Stuffing envelopes, calculating percentages for medical plans.. fun stuff! Then again, my boyfriend came home from work last night covered in _blood_ from working security at the hospital where he had to hold a woman down who was overdosing and spat blood all over him all night, so then I think my job is pretty kick-ass in comparison!

I always buy peaches/pears in juice and I always drain the juice off too!! I usually do that 'cause I think lots of the time it's apple juice and that would NOT agree with my stomach!

Anywho, so far today I have eaten 905 calories and it's only 1:30 so I think I am doing a lot better today - I have still yet to have my peaches, and then dinner and whatever else.
I loooove sunflower seeds, so maybe I will eat portions of them on days when I am low on calories/protein.

Cheers!
--Steph

--------------------
IBS-D,pain.

Re: Managerial Accounting... new
      #176284 - 05/03/05 03:28 PM
e_mcmaster

That sounds good to me, if the sunflower seeds agree with your tummy. It's funny how we all have different BIG triggers but most all have the same general triggers. Dairy and oil are my two biggest no-no's.... if I eat something that has a speck of dairy in it, I get sick and the same with oil at restaurants.

Congrats on your 900 calories so far! Great job, sweetheart. I was thinking of things that you can eat... how about cereal? There are some really good tasting ones out there that you could eat with soymilk - my favorite is Quaker Honey Graham Oh's. Cereal doesn't fill me up at all, so if you're like me, you can eat a bunch of it to up your calories without feeling super full.

I'll keep thinking for you, darlin'. Good luck!

--------------------
Elizabeth

#176406 - 05/04/05 06:07 AM
Sparky

Reged: 01/06/04
Loc: MI

Thanks, Ruchie! I've been a little better since yesterday (except for when I took my little dog to the V-E-T and found out he has worms - eew!! Poor guy. ) So if I continue to eat - especially those fruit jellies - I will have to start examining why this is a problem!

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~
STEF
~~~~~~~~~~

Oh sorry! new
      #176721 - 05/05/05 12:06 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Shoot. It's california Jen who's Jennifer isn't she? Sorry! I get so forgetful about which one of you's Jen, Jenny or Jennifer!

I shall try and commit this to memory now. Beat me up if I forget again.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 102 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 13588

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review