All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Hello!
      #175194 - 04/29/05 06:20 PM
Faye2

Reged: 04/28/05
Loc: USA

Hello everyone! I'm new here and am looking for a way to stay the same weight (or maybe even lose some) since starting on the medication amitriptyline which I recently found out can make you gain weight! EEK! SO anyways that is my goal! Please help me keep with it! Here's a bit of my background:
Name: Faye IBS-C
Height: 5'4"
Weight: 102 but can vary; at the highest 106 when I eat alot
Hobbies: In my profile but I forgot to add that I love plants and taking long hot bubble baths after a hard run!

Please encourage me to report in as I will need to keep up with everything! I'll report later tonight!

--------------------
~*Faye*~ ^-^

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Hello! new
      #175248 - 04/30/05 04:08 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Do you realise that you are actually underweight? You've only got a BMI of 18! You really want to have one of 18.5 to 24.9. If you're a serious athelete, it's just about okay, but even then it's borderline.

So no losing weight young lady! Feel free to post reports to maintain weight, but you really do NOT want to lose weight.

How about trying to gain muscle weight by eating more protein?

#175283 - 04/30/05 08:45 AM
Faye2

Thanks alot Linz! I don't know much about BMI or anything so I don't really understand what that is...hehe. It's not necessarily that I want to lose weight...it's more that I want to my legs and butt to look better come swimsuit season! So yeah I think the muscle weight idea is a great one! Do you have any suggestions on how to start? Maybe just eating 1-2 servings more of protien then I normally do and weight training more? I am a regular-level runner but I do it almost everyday since I am in my schools track program. It's almost over so then I'm going to start X-Country running training over the summer! I'm actually really excited! Thanks for the help!

--------------------
~*Faye*~ ^-^

#175622 - 05/02/05 06:43 AM
Sparky

Reged: 01/06/04
Loc: MI

Hi Faye!

Good to see a fellow runner out there (I am sidelined w/a bad foot right now, but I still consider myself a runner )

Do make sure you are eating enough - espcially since you are, after all, a runner. We are big proponents of eating enough here I've found it very helpful in maintaining weight to eat a lot of small meals/snacks throughout the day. At first this didn't make since to me, but once I tried it I found it really does work. Also, make sure you are getting good nutrition post-run. Laurel, Elizabeth, and Shell all seem to have good post-workout shakes and snacks that they can tell you about.

Good luck with your weight goal and with XC!!

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~
STEF
~~~~~~~~~~

#175653 - 05/02/05 08:03 AM
Faye2

Thanks alot for the advice! The problem with me is that I never know what to eat before a run because it's very often that I get sick while running with a side ache or something of that sort. It's not fun!!! I think I'm doing okay with the post-run eating though because as soon as I get home I always have some chicken or something. I hope your foot gets better soon and thanks again!

--------------------
~*Faye*~ ^-^

#175684 - 05/02/05 08:49 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

If you jusr make a conscious effort to eat more protein you'll probably do fine.

Cycling is good for legs and butt...or squats and lunges are the ultimate exercises I think (they REALLY work ). I bet that if you did any different exercise that uses your lower half, you'll get lots more muscle...it's the problem of doing just one type of exercise - some muscle groups get a bit overlooked. Just a thought tho...XC should be good for your butt...running over rough ground and up and down hills really uses those muscles.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 292 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2788

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review