All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
Re: Chai Latte...with almond milk? new
      #175699 - 05/02/05 09:12 AM
little bear

Reged: 12/22/04
Loc: chicago

haha good luck!! im sure he'll pitch in what brands of soymilks are near you? does it say 'gluten' in the ingredients list? or does it have another name??

--------------------
VEGAN ASHLEY~IBS/C

www.myspace.com/dutchflowers

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

I use Oregon Chai... new
      #175700 - 05/02/05 09:15 AM
e_mcmaster

Reged: 01/16/05
Loc: Norman, Oklahoma

the non-caffeinated Rooibos kind that you ADD the milk to. If you buy the premade stuff it already has dried milk in it, so don't get that kind!

Oh, and it's FANTASTIC!

--------------------
Elizabeth

all those years it wasn't IBS - it was celiac!
send me an email: liz@dopple.net

Re: Chai Latte...with almond milk? new
      #175701 - 05/02/05 09:15 AM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

I've been begging him for a blender for a while. We're about to move in around 3 weeks so after we mover he's gonna have to get me one

The soy milk MUST say gf or I can't have ot. Many soy milks contain barley or malt...a gluten containing ingredient. we have vita soy and Silk and lots of other brands (can't remember the names now), but none of them say gf. So I'm without soy milk for now. One day they'll wise up when the demand for GF foods rises in this country!

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Re: I use Oregon Chai... new
      #175702 - 05/02/05 09:16 AM
Snow for Sarala

Thanks E! Do you buy it at Whole Foods?

How are things with you? How's your tummy? *big hugs*

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

hmm heres some searches new
      #175706 - 05/02/05 09:23 AM
little bear

i did a search for westsoy soymilk for you, im not sure if its GF but i looked at the ingredients in the LITE PLAIN for you and i didnt see anything that suggested gluten. could it be in brown rice syrup?? heres the lite soymilks and heres westsoys page. yah we have silk and vitasoy here too but idont like the silk. i usually drink/use the westsoy nonfat vanilla but sometimes i dont. they also make a yummy chocolate shake but i limit myself with that.

--------------------
VEGAN ASHLEY~IBS/C

Re: hmm heres some searches new
      #175712 - 05/02/05 09:32 AM
Snow for Sarala

wow, you are too sweet!!!!

Yeppers...brown rice syrup often has gluten in it. *sigh* It's all good though! At least I know I'm liign a GF life!

Thanks again Ashley *big hugs*

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Re: it was easy... new
      #175718 - 05/02/05 09:40 AM
little bear

OH!! i have THE BEST recipe for you then!! have you heard of the organic soup brand IMAGINE?? they come in the tetra-pack boxes? try this soup! its gluten free AND kosher!! in the bottom right corner of the front label its says 'pareve' [sp??] that means kosher right?? boil some of that into a pot...and add in some of your special noodles. wait until the noodles soften and add in some chopped carrots [if you eat them] stir in some spices or some salt for a little flavor and let it simmer on low heat once the noodles are soft. keep stirring. once its almost done, take off of heat and put a cover over it and let it chill for about 5 minutes on the stove, just off the burner. stir again and serve!! i just invented that myself a week or so ago and it is YUMMY! i had chopped tofu to it to be like chix, so if you have a tofu-sub then try adding that! you can make alot of it and have leftovers for a couple nights! im gonna try making a port.mushroom stew next but am in love with this recipe!

OH and for colors...b/c i just figured this AND pic-posting out a few days ago: to the right of *instant UBB CODE..it says color. click the color you want and type inbetween the 2 codes that come up; like when you insert a quote and you post the quote inbetween. its the same way. but for an easier way, just type the first part of the code before you post, and the second part at the end. i wrote mine down and stuck it to my comp.screen to remember! hehe

--------------------
VEGAN ASHLEY~IBS/C

no prob! new
      #175719 - 05/02/05 09:41 AM
little bear

youre *more then* welcome *HUGS back*!!

--------------------
VEGAN ASHLEY~IBS/C

#175722 - 05/02/05 09:47 AM
Snow for Sarala

Imagine soups are my LIFE LINE! LOL I'm so glad you discovered them as well! And I always put my noodles in em' LOL But I LOVE the chopped carrot idea...I'll have to try it. I also LOVEEEE adding chopped fresh spices. Basil is great in the creamy tomato.

It's also yummy over a baked potato!

It was just Passover so I wasn't eating any legumes or rice or anything that may have been contaminated with them. So the soups were out. And yes, Pareve means it is not dairy or meat!

You're such a super friend Ashley *big hugs* Thanks again!!!

Oh...one more thing...can you think of a tofu substitue? I miss protein!

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

#175730 - 05/02/05 09:57 AM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

Being vegan is easy! I totally agree with your experience of internal cleanliness, and energy! There's tons of options and
gf ones too. Honestly, I believe--know--that vegans smell better! Incidentally, I've been vegan for years. Everything you've said sounds just like me. You're such a refreshing and bright individual.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 267 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 21203

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review