Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Question about counting calories
      #173176 - 04/24/05 04:38 PM
AmandaPanda, J.D.

Reged: 04/26/04
Loc: New York, New York

Hey everyone --
I know I haven't been on here in a while. I also think the people at my gym probably think I died, because I haven't been there in a while either. It's been a busy couple of months. Actually I did make it to the gym yesterday and I weigh the same I have all year, so I guess that's good. Anyway here's my question. I avoid processed/packaged foods, as I assume most of you do too. I can figure out how to estimate the calorie content of the foods I prepare myself (just add up the ingredients) but how do you account for calories when you eat at someone's home, or at a restaurant (not like a fast food restaurant with nutrition info)? I don't want to resort to always eating packaged foods, for obvious reasons. Any tips?
Muchas gracias!
Panda

--------------------
Amanda

I live in the Big Apple, but I don't eat the skin

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Question about counting calories new
      #173231 - 04/24/05 07:15 PM
retrograde

Reged: 04/15/04

Hi Amanda

Definitely good job on staying away from pacakged and processed foods Have you tried fitday.com for counting calories? It makes it really easy to for foods you prepare yourself. For foods at other people's houses and restaurants it's more difficult but the food database on there is huge and it has a lot of estimated values for commonly prepare meals.

Hope that helps!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 24 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1173

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review